Neverbloom

Animals/Pets thread

anyone have pets?

i have 2 dogs 4 cats and 6 horses and i love animals even if one attacked me once when i was 3 from which i'll always have a scar from in many cases that might cause a phobia of animals or at least dogs but i grew up with pets most of my life

and i have a cat who is about 20 years old and i have had her pretty much all of my life

also once a magpie stole my food

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

I had a goldfish once when i was 6 but it died..

Probly why im not a pet person ;-)

When I was younger I used to have two maltese terriers and one budgie, they past away a long time ago. Then two years ago, we had a Border Collie but some asshole ran her over so we had to put her down. And now I own a cheeky Beagle named Marshmellow. Always loved being around animals and I love raising them. Right now I have one beagle, one turtle and two birds. One budgie and one cockatiel. Both sneaky birds that love to fly around me. I love animals haha

Edited by shakeyourface

When I was a little kid we had some goldfish. We were going on a family holiday for a week so we went to the pet shop and they sold us some slow release food and some plants that they apparently like to eat. Got back from our holiday and all the fish were dead in a tank full of untouched food. One of them hated the food so much it managed to jump out of the tank and on to the floor. After that we decided we weren't really pet people.

I had a goldfish once when i was 6 but it died..

Probly why im not a pet person ;-)

pity goldfish tend to die randomly i love animals but they are not healthy

When I was younger I used to have two maltese terriers and one budgie, they past away a long time ago. Then two years ago, we had a Border Collie but some asshole ran her over so we had to put her down. And now I own a cheeky Beagle named Marshmellow. Always loved being around animals and I love raising them. Right now I have one beagle, one turtle and two birds. One budgie and one cockatiel. Both sneaky birds that love to fly around me. I love animals haha

both my dogs are somewhat Border Collie i am sorry that someone ran over her i had a similar thing with a cat of mine friendliest cat i have ever met, but a few weeks before we moved houses he got ran over by a speeding car down our street i remember one of our dogs is extremely needy and would always try to play with him(he was called dylan) and being a nice cat he would just let him even though he obviously didnt enjoy it and turtles are so cute we get a few down my way trying to cross the road whenever i can i stop and help the turtles cross the road

i also want a pet baby hippo, pet penguin, pet sea lion i want so many pets i'll never get :P and beagles are so cute

i remember going to an animal shelter to get one cat and ended up getting 2 sisters with with OCD and anxiety but lucky she has calmed down so much

i could talk about animals forever :D one of my dogs loves escaping my house and then knocking on the door to be let in and looks very proud about that

my cat always wants to be let in the front door even though he can enter through a car door at the back so he will knock and then when we let him in he walks past the food so he can be fed in his little spot our family spoil our pets way too much :D

and Davo that was horrible of the pet shop to sell you that stuff but i dunno i try to see the best in people so maybe it was just a mistake or most goldfish like that food not just them but i tend to avoid pet shops

would much rather buy a pet from a shelter or the pound

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

Haha I found my turtle in my backyard couple months ago, well more like my dog found her cause she was barking like crazy for two days straight. Named my awesome turtle Squirtle. My old maltese terriers used to go out of the house, take a walk and come back. We never had them on a leash but they were always obedient. My beagle, slowly she's getting there but she's still young so it'll take time. She already goes off on her own and comes back but she's pretty slow on being obedient.

I constantly talk to my birds and they whistle back to me, often flying towards my head and staying there sometimes. They're so awesome. I used to have four birds, two budgies and two cockatiels but my dog chased two of them out of the house so now I'm stuck with two. I rescued my two cockatiels from this dodgy seller who had them in a tiny cage with no food, water or shade on this hot 40 degree day so I spent all the money I had to bring them home. I'm keen to get more cause one of my birds is really old and grumpy now and my cockatiel is a young bird and he loves to fly and play around.

I was never keen on cats cause of some bad experiences by stray cats in Chile. I got attacked by a couple when I was younger so I just never liked them. Until recently a friend of mine owns this one cat and he's the most chillest cat I've ever met but I'm still a dog person. I had this habit on bringing stray animals off the street to my grandparents home in Chile and take care of them but I always got in trouble for doing that hahaha

I've been constantly getting told by my family and friends that I should work in the zoo or something since I love caring for animals but I still stuck in a rut with what I should study. Pets are so awesome. They bring me joy in my life.

Edited by shakeyourface

I've got two cats, one is a male Russian Blue, the other is female... something. She was a stray  :unknw: (also don't have a photo of the stray)

Here is my baby boy :3 (the russian blue)

18230310150977866162430.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've got two dogs also

A pure bred female German Boxer:
picture004gg.jpg

And a female King Charles Cavalier (who is an absolute pain)
58264410151132880457430.jpg

lol i had a similar experience my dog found a turtle in the backyard and he was constantly barking at it, so i put it in the dam at the back of my property and great name for a turtle :P

when we take our dogs for a walk down the back of our property(we got 35 acres down the back of our house with lots of tree's a few dams etc) and we put one of our dogs on a leash for the first part just because he likes chasing horses but as soon as we are past them then we let him off the leash and the 2 dogs just run around, they are semi obedient they will listen but might take a while.

i remember a friend who is of a Chilean background went to Chile last year and said the first thing you notice is the stray cats i am sorry about your bad experience with cats i understand why your not a massive fan apart from the dog attack when i was 3 i never had many bad experiences so i been lucky, you get cats that wouldnt hurt a fly but you get other cats that love to hunt and are not too pleasant.

i never had birds but i would love to one day, my cat the old one makes so much noise sometimes i think she just isnt too sure where she is at times or gets confused she is a great cat though i remember once she caught a bird but as soon as she caught it she let it go cause she was so shocked at actually catching something :D

also birds do get very close to your head from what i noticed, they wont hit your head but they will get very close

also another thing about birds i dont think this reflects well on me but i was at the city and there was a poor bird who lost its leg, it only had one leg and i felt really sorry for it so i fed it a few chips, as soon as i threw the chips its leg descended and then it ran off with the chips with no problems whatsoever its not good when your outsmarted by a bird :D

those pictures are so cute Zurg the cat looks like mine but mine is black and white

also your cat looks exactly like my ex's cat that cat hated me it would always attack me :D i didnt mind though

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

Zurg, your pets are just adorable! I got a couple of photos of my dog cause she's always up to no good and the photos I take are hilarious.

Here is my dog Marshmellow.

417163_10152268621670527_52570679_n.jpg

Marshmellow meeting Squirtle for the first time

75975_10152268993245527_1718890371_n.jpg

And my two birds, Alfonso is the budgie and we give the cockatiel a nickname (coja or cojera which translate to limp) since he has a bad leg.

551426_10151427489915527_1425552895_n.jp

(Try spot my dog)

Love dogs, breeds I favor are , daschunds, bulldogs, Rottwielers.

Will upload a photo of my Daschund Otto when I get home.

Haha here is a better idea of the size of my german boxer. Her name is Maya

524230_10150997622867430_270127263_n.jpg

so many cute pets here is one of my cats this is a video camera(well ipod) i was using to film so its a few pictures of her including one of her sniffing the ipod

will post pictures soon

screw it photobucket is being useless and nothing is working

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

16719_468938096478002_1367400375_n.jpg

18311_468938053144673_490811092_n.jpg

14376_468938063144672_1485483961_n.jpg

my pictures are not great but that is the best i can get them

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

Awww. I love cats so much :3

Awww. I love cats so much :3

lol same here that is one of the sisters i got that has OCD and a bit of anxiety though its almost gone so much

the thing about that cat(i call her black nose because she has has a black nose compared to her sister who i call white nose because she has a white nose) i am very original :D is she always looks confused and creepy which adds to her cuteness somehow :P your pets are adorable :)

I have a English Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He's a big sook but very protective of his home and particularly my mrs which I think is great. If anyone is interested I'll post a pic of him

I love Staffie's. They are very loyal and playful dogs. Even with other people they don't know well. Just don't let them near other dogs.

staffies are cute

i did animal care in tafe after i am done with my mental health course i might go back to animal care i love taking care of animals

Have a 9 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Chester. Will post a pic or 2 of him later.

I love Staffie's. They are very loyal and playful dogs. Even with other people they don't know well. Just don't let them near other dogs.

To be honest, he's not that interested in other dogs. He'd rather be around people. He's very friendly but if someone attacked me or particularly my better half, he'd be a vicious little guy. I don't bring that out in him or encourage him to be aggro as I think thats stupid and irresponsible, but I know its in there

i just have to post this

starwars.jpg

Brb going to watch Star Wars now. LOL

i just have to post this

starwars.jpg

Brb going to watch Star Wars now. LOL

lol its such a cute photo Darth Dog :D i dont know who took the time to create those though as long there isnt a jar jar one then its all good :D  i did however find this

128956948714276074.jpg

To be honest, he's not that interested in other dogs. He'd rather be around people. He's very friendly but if someone attacked me or particularly my better half, he'd be a vicious little guy. I don't bring that out in him or encourage him to be aggro as I think thats stupid and irresponsible, but I know its in there

Both my sister and a mate of mine had Staffie's. Cute as anything at a young age, and always full of energy. They would constantly jump on me and want my attention. But they would always listen to you, or sense if you weren't in the mood. You could see their sense of loyalty and love. They are the best dogs.

The problem was after they started getting rounder and rounder I had to instruct them to stop jumping so much, as it could actually hurt sometimes haha. But both my sister and mate told me stories of when they walked their dog, they would be really aggressive towards other dogs if they came close enough. I think it just a matter of them wanting to protect their owners though.   

I've got 3 jack russels. I love em. They kill all the snakes we get out here.
I did have a jack russel who once attacked a snake, the snake bit her, then she tore the snake in 2, then layed down and died. It was seriously a terribly sad moment :( Most of my dogs are named after soccer players too. Had one named TOTTI, the one that got killed by the snake her name was NESTA and I've got one named Pippo (Filippo "Pippo" Inzaghi)

I've also got sheep, chickens and a Koi pond :)

I did have a jack russel who once attacked a snake, the snake bit her, then she tore the snake in 2, then layed down and died. It was seriously a terribly sad moment :( Most of my dogs are named after soccer players too. Had one named TOTTI, the one that got killed by the snake her name was NESTA and I've got one named Pippo (Filippo "Pippo" Inzaghi)

i am sorry about your cat being killed by a snake i had something similar, there was a cat who was the next door neighbours but over our house half the time who was killed by a snake really sad but even worse the cat that got ran over that i mentioned in another post was on the road looking for that cat(they were close) when he got ran over i know that because i had him for over 2 years and never once did he go on the road till 2 days after pets bring so much joy to my life though

i am sorry about your cat being killed by a snake i had something similar, there was a cat who was the next door neighbours but over our house half the time who was killed by a snake really sad but even worse the cat that got ran over that i mentioned in another post was on the road looking for that cat(they were close) when he got ran over i know that because i had him for over 2 years and never once did he go on the road till 2 days after pets bring so much joy to my life though

That's terrible :\ It's even worse knowing that it was just looking for the other cat. Makes it a lot sadder :\

I will agree with you there, they do bring a lot of happiness!

Earlier this year in April, I was away with Army Cadets for a week, the day before when I was packing, my cat, who was a ragdoll and only 1 years old, decided to sleep on my bag. This was the last photo I ever got to take of him, because when I returned from being away, I learnt that he had been run over and killed.

550256_10150764790117430_804456401_n.jpg

And this was him a few months before he died. 

426642_10150581092487430_1717287451_n.jp