Animals/Pets thread

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, and this is quite unrelated to cats, of course, but I just remembered that I once rescued a smallish stingray...trapped in a sandy tidal pool...on a coastal river bank.

Had nothing to pick him up with, so just scooped up an armful of sand beneath him....and carried him to the river!

Felt good seeing him slowly flap off in the water!    :xnod:

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Better that than possums.

Sigh.

One of our cats caught a baby ringtail yesterday!! :(:(

They're strictly kept indoors at night...so this doesn't happen often.

But very upsetting when it happens...

Your poor cat! Why don't you let your cat do cat things. That is animal abuse!! :P

15 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Actually, and this is quite unrelated to cats, of course, but I just remembered that I once rescued a smallish stingray...trapped in a sandy tidal pool...on a coastal river bank.

Had nothing to pick him up with, so just scooped up an armful of sand beneath him....and carried him to the river!

Felt good seeing him slowly flap off in the water!    :xnod:

Prob the same ray that killed Steve Irwin! Nice one teach!!:P

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dog-loves-money-pay-for-treats_us_59c670eee4b06ddf45f84119

59c67f391a00007100f082d1.png?cache=kgbcx

Cute story and cute dog, but the owner is a bit loopy as seems to think the dog has a concept of monetary value when it is really just associating any object with a treat, which is taught to the majority of dogs very easily from bring back a thrown stick to this kind of thing......

I had a Cocker Spaniel that ripped a 10 quid note to shreds once, but they are just crazy buggers.