Not very well coordinated, is he?

Or is he deliberately avoiding contact with the nasty lemon? :lol:

41 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

OMG!!!!!!!

Oh dear!

I'm being haunted by a cockatoo!

1 hour ago, NeverGoat said:

they are vengeful jerks :P

:clapping: Ahhh at last, a reason to elaborate on how I'm being haunted by a cockatoo!!

As Ive posted here, I do feed the cockies at my school, sometimes, despite being told not to.

On occasions, I literally attract about a hundred!! I can hand feed rows of them who wait in a few locations around my school.

And there's one..........................................................................................!!  :cry::cry:

Who is sick with Beak and Feather disease.....and he comes to me for food now every day. He waits in the Sun all alone for me to help him.

He has an incurable disease, endemic to many species of parrots. The disease is contagious, and incurable.....and I have bonded with this little half bald creature. He is shunned by his flock, which is apparently a "torture" to such social birds........and I can't stop thinking about him (which is how I am being haunted by him). He's only a youngster.

So, if I get brave enough tomorrow, I'm going to catch him......and bring him home. 

He will soon get to the point of being unable to fly, so he needs to be removed from the flock, for the health of the rest of them, and to save him from a horrible end. A fellow teacher who is a WIRES volunteer will help me. She'd catch him and have him euthanised, but I just can't do that without giving him a chance.

I think of him alone, freezing and half bald, sitting in a tree every night as I go to bed....and first think in the morning, I think of him, and hope he'll have made it through the night. He haunts me. :(

I have only really learned a bit about this condition in the last week or so. And I know nothing about keeping birds. Anyone who knows of any one who rescues sick birds - please let me know!!

13 hours ago, wendybr said:

:clapping: Ahhh at last, a reason to elaborate on how I'm being haunted by a cockatoo!!

As Ive posted here, I do feed the cockies at my school, sometimes, despite being told not to.

On occasions, I literally attract about a hundred!! I can hand feed rows of them who wait in a few locations around my school.

And there's one..........................................................................................!!  :cry::cry:

Who is sick with Beak and Feather disease.....and he comes to me for food now every day. He waits in the Sun all alone for me to help him.

He has an incurable disease, endemic to many species of parrots. The disease is contagious, and incurable.....and I have bonded with this little half bald creature. He is shunned by his flock, which is apparently a "torture" to such social birds........and I can't stop thinking about him (which is how I am being haunted by him). He's only a youngster.

So, if I get brave enough tomorrow, I'm going to catch him......and bring him home. 

He will soon get to the point of being unable to fly, so he needs to be removed from the flock, for the health of the rest of them, and to save him from a horrible end. A fellow teacher who is a WIRES volunteer will help me. She'd catch him and have him euthanised, but I just can't do that without giving him a chance.

I think of him alone, freezing and half bald, sitting in a tree every night as I go to bed....and first think in the morning, I think of him, and hope he'll have made it through the night. He haunts me. :(

I have only really learned a bit about this condition in the last week or so. And I know nothing about keeping birds. Anyone who knows of any one who rescues sick birds - please let me know!!

i am sorry i didnt know such a condition exists, i hope the best happens because no creature deserves to have to go through that, you are a saint for trying to help him so much

Well...it didn't happen today. My WIRES lady has cautioned that we will only get one go at catching him, because if we fail, and frighten he, we will lose his trust.

She had to leave before he showed up this afternoon...so I guess he'll continue to haunt me over the weekend.

But he got a good feed this morning at least.

22 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Takeaway...lol

On 31/07/2020 at 4:21 PM, wendybr said:

Oops!

On 31/07/2020 at 4:21 PM, wendybr said:

Ooops!

i dont usually post about pets health problems because i dont want to depress people here(i'll just depress everyone in all my other posts :P ) but yesterday my dog was acting weird, restless and hiding under tables(when not restless), took her to the vet, i dont know what was wrong but she is back to her energetic annoying self now :P

just nice to see one of my dogs recovering