Germany Thread

Draxler from Wolfsburg to PSG for 40 mio Euro. Goodness me.

Why are you surprised? I heard that there have been significant issues with his attitude but after buying him for mid-20's it was a good piece of business selling him for 40m. Heard that Wolfsburg were dying to get rid of him but with the resources that PSG have available (oil money equivalent to City group) you shouldn't be surprised.

Draxler from Wolfsburg to PSG for 40 mio Euro. Goodness me.

Why are you surprised? I heard that there have been significant issues with his attitude but after buying him for mid-20's it was a good piece of business selling him for 40m. Heard that Wolfsburg were dying to get rid of him but with the resources that PSG have available (oil money equivalent to City group) you shouldn't be surprised.

He wanted to go last window, but wasn't allowed. Its only so long before a player who gets booed and doesn't care lasts, especially if there's money around

• 1 month later...

Reading the additional comments it seems that it's just general angst about Energy Drink FC and a fear that their success will result in tearing up the 50 + 1 fan ownership rule in the Bundesliga.

Either way poor form to be attacking scarfers.

Fair to say RB Leipzig are not the most popular team in Germany!

They are in East Germany, however!

BVB has a long "tradition" with neo nazis. The club has been accused of being champions in putting their heads into the sand, and for quite some time was blaming authorities and media for being biased instead.

In recent years the situation active supporters kept telling the right wingers to **** off, and punch ups between BVB ultras and neo nazis happen quite regularly.

The problem for the outsider is to distinguish the ultras from neo nazis, as they can both wear the same uniform.

The response to Leipzig takes things to a whole new level, it seems to have the sucked out the oxygen of a number of brains. It'll be "interesting" once Dresden and Leipzig play in the same league.

http://www.wr.de/staedte/dortmund/dortmunder-neonazis-legen-sich-mit-bvb-ultras-an-id10996611.html

Ultras actually planned to attack RB Leipzip's team bus. Club and police got wind of this six and redirected the bus.

500 disappointed ultras and bystanders saw fit to attack the totally unprepared BL version of travelling Mariners fans instead.

Watch this space. This has the potential to change the fan culture in the BL, in my opinion.

Ultras actually planned to attack RB Leipzip's team bus. Club and police got wind of this six and redirected the bus.

500 disappointed ultras and bystanders saw fit to attack the totally unprepared BL version of travelling Mariners fans instead.

Watch this space. This has the potential to change the fan culture in the BL, in my opinion.[/b{

Change how & in what way?
And they won! Beating 1860 haha

Wednesday morning

Hamburger SV vs 1. FC Köln 2-0

FC Astoria Walldorf vs Arminia 1-1 (pen 4-5)

Bayern Munich vs Wolfsburg 1-0

SpVgg Fürth vs Borussia Mönchengladbach 0-2

Thursday morning

Sandhausen vs Schalke 04 1-4

Sportfreunde Lotte vs 1860 Munich 2-0

Borussia Dortmund vs Hertha BSC 1-1 (pen 3-2)

Hannover 96 vs Eintracht 1-2

Edited by braad

Looks like the yellow wall will be closed for a BL game, and the club fined 100k. That's the punishment for the things that happened inside the stadium.

As a reaction to the events outside the ground so far 30 odd people have been charged. The authorities will come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Club and police will turn the yellow wall upside down to get to rip out the violent ultras. Once they've done it a template will have been established for other clubs.

The backlash by politicians, media, dfb, police and football people has been extraordinary. BVB are pinned against the wall with nowhere to go.

Looks like the yellow wall will be closed for a BL game, and the club fined 100k. That's the punishment for the things that happened inside the stadium.

As a reaction to the events outside the ground so far 30 odd people have been charged. The authorities will come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Club and police will turn the yellow wall upside down to get to rip out the violent ultras. Once they've done it a template will have been established for other clubs.

The backlash by politicians, media, dfb, police and football people has been extraordinary. BVB are pinned against the wall with nowhere to go.

That doesn't sound like a bad thing.

Something that isn't good is that Xabi Alonso may be retiring at seasons end, but FCB apparently want him to play on? Any knowledge on that?

The BVB incident left the ultra scene at large open to criticism, and action. We''ll have to wait and see if the authorities are going to use this as an opportunity to move in. If that's what they want then now is the time. The question is how far they will go.

If there is a sense that "law and order" needs to be restored, and a certain behaviour needs to be enforced, then the consequences could be substantial. We've seen at Parra and in other stadiums what that looks like.

Interesting times ahead for German football.

Alonso wants to retire, but the club is leaving the door open for him.

Kimmich is considered the replacement for Lahm. The club believes that Kimmich is a more competent footballer than Lahm was at the same age.

Big changes coming Bayern's way.

The BVB incident left the ultra scene at large open to criticism, and action. We''ll have to wait and see if the authorities are going to use this as an opportunity to move in. If that's what they want then now is the time. The question is how far they will go.

If there is a sense that "law and order" needs to be restored, and a certain behaviour needs to be enforced, then the consequences could be substantial. We've seen at Parra and in other stadiums what that looks like.

Interesting times ahead for German football.

Yeah, well it will be interesting to see what happens, especially with the hardcore political extremists in some clubs. Flushing them out would be great, but to what point does a fan become a target for authorities. It might be general stereotyping, but I trust German police more than our locals when it comes to football

Alonso wants to retire, but the club is leaving the door open for him.

Kimmich is considered the replacement for Lahm. The club believes that Kimmich is a more competent footballer than Lahm was at the same age.

Big changes coming Bayern's way.

Kimmich is well competent enough to play DM. He was loitering around that position the other day in the DFB-Pokal match (what I saw), but they want him as a more Lahm-type role?

It'd be a shame if Alonso retired, while he hasn't got speed (though I never remember him having it at Liverpool anyway) his positioning and ball ability is great. I guess he has won most of the big team football award that's possible, so it's impossible to go much further, especially if his body is saying no (just a guess that it is)

There comes a time when you don't want to do the gruelling boot camps and being away from wife and children. Looks like for both Alonso and Lahm the time has come.

For me Lahm is the best German football player of the last ten years. Consistent performer. The ultimate swiss/bavarian army knife, can play in just about every position. Very few yellow cards which for a defender is remarkable.

The German NT misses him. He'll be missed at Bayern.

There comes a time when you don't want to do the gruelling boot camps and being away from wife and children. Looks like for both Alonso and Lahm the time has come.

For me Lahm is the best German football player of the last ten years. Consistent performer. The ultimate swiss/bavarian army knife, can play in just about every position. Very few yellow cards which for a defender is remarkable.

The German NT misses him. He'll be missed at Bayern.

Yeah i guess they also aren't short of a quid, they can quit work

Lahm received no red cards either right?

48 yellow cards in 637 games for Bayern.

11 yellow cards in 113 games for NT.

Yet to receive a yellow red, let alone a straight red. Incredible.

Explained his decision in an open letter to the fans. He is following his gut feeling. He knows that his body want be able to produce top performance throughout of whole season. Only 100% is good enough.

• 2 months later...

BL2 Germany currently welcomes 21,500 spectators on average. Makes it the number four ranked league in Europe, based on average attendance.

Courtesy of Hannover and Stuttgart drawing big crowds. As both are scheduled to be promoted this will not be sustainable (unless the sleeping giants Nuernberg, 1860, Duesseldorf, Kaiserlautern were to get their act together). Nevertheless, quite a remarkable statistic.

Serie A currently 21,000.

Championship 20,000.

Lique 1 20,000

Eredivisie 19,000

Liga NOS 11,700

Premier Liga (Russia) 11,000

Super League (Switzerland) 9,800

Super Lig 8,900

• 3 weeks later...

Stuttgart clocked an incredible 50k spectators in BL2 this season. Darmstadt and Ingolstadt move aside. One of Germany's biggest clubs is just about back where it belongs. 

Meanwhile in Dortmund the coach might find himself booted out while Auba is pondering a 50 mil Euro per year offer from China.