mack

Germany Thread

Back to the future at Bayern!

Interesting to hear your thoughts FCB especially these ones:

On 06/10/2017 at 10:50 AM, FCB said:

am thinking that the official announcement is coming once Heynckes' choice of assistant and fitness coach can be confirmed. I am also thinking that, unlike Ancelotti, he won't bring his son as assistant coach, his daughter's boy friend as nutritionist, and a chain smoking friend as fitness coach. 

I heard he had employed his son at the club but I find it hard to believe that he would be the head assistant. It is not that uncommon for a contract to include strings attached Gigi Donnarumma’s brother is reserve goal keeper or Eden Hazards two brothers have both been signed by Chelsea.

The other’s I had not heard, but I was not surprised to hear a bit of back scratching.

——————

Very interesting to see how things unfold, you’ll be thanking your title rivals for dropping points on the weekend for you!

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Prydz,

Ancelotti's son Francesco was one of two assistant coaches.

The son of fitness coach Mauri was also employed as fitness coach. 

As mentioned, the bf of Ancelotti's daughter was employed as nutritionist. 

"Nepotism" is the word you are after I think. 

Heynckes is the best coach for Bayern right now. 

On 08/11/2017 at 9:43 AM, GunnerWanderer said:

He's come in straight away and turned it around 4th spell yes? Dead set legend 

4th, yes.

Heynckes has integrity with a capital "I". When he was sacked by a club a while back he felt responsible for the poor performance of his team, declined a pay out, walked away with no pay, and returned the car washed and cleaned, with a full petrol tank.

In 2011 he gave Hoeness and Rummenigge a dressing down. Not because they signed Guardiola, but because they hid it from him. Old friends, huh? 

Quite frankly, it would not surprise me if he signed a contract extension. They are about to sign a "backup" for Lewandowski: German international Wagner from Hoffenheim. Because Heynckes says so. 

Douglas Costa for 46 million Euro from Bayern to Juve. That really is crazy money, really. 

BL2 - status of Aussie goal machines

Halloran - not in squad for last six games (Heidenheim)

MacLaren - not in squad for last two games (Darmstadt); new coach about to take over (Dirk Schuster, the guy WSW they had signed before they opted for dream coach Gombau)

Borrello - consistent performer in Kaiserslautern, feels the love of new coach 

Kruse - consistent performer and scorer for Bochum

MacLaren looks to be going to join the long list of Aussie attackers troisi, djite, burns, taggart who will end up bounce between A-League and os 

real shame hope it works out for him and he gets a move in jan heard nothing about him all season 

2 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

MacLaren looks to be going to join the long list of Aussie attackers troisi, djite, burns, taggart who will end up bounce between A-League and os 

real shame hope it works out for him and he gets a move in jan heard nothing about him all season 

That's why. Not good enough for BL2, by the looks of it.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jamie-maclaren/leistungsdaten/spieler/173591

On 25 November 2017 at 9:41 AM, FCB said:

Douglas Costa for 46 million Euro from Bayern to Juve. That really is crazy money, really. 

It's funny, he really struggled to adapt early on, people calling him a flop. Fast forward to a big few matches and was Juve's biggest performer. 

Juve & Bayern have a good working relationship, helps the transfer business

Was listening to a podcast (The front 3) they had a German guest & Dortmund fan.

Was interesting listening to how he spelt out how Dortmund struggled to change from Tuchel (possession system) to Bosz (high aggressive pressing system). They didn't have the players to implement his system & he wasn't able to adapt his system to the opposition finding him out (man marking). It all came to a head in a big derby against Shalke when they were leading 4-0, found a way to lose it 4-4.

The biggest issue was that he didn't have the players to carry it out & the players didn't 100% believe in it but you need it for a pressing system to work. Players need to make runs which might seem futile but will eventually lead to turning over the ball elsewhere over the field.

His replacement? Made some very interesting comments in regards to philosophy of the team when he came to take over (which I'll draw back to WSW briefly).

He took an approach that was 100% different to Gombau. Dortmund weren't prepared to sacrifice this season, they need champions league. He said it was a waste of coming in & imposing his philosophy on the team because you need the players to implement it. Stöger found a balance between the two systems of Tuchel & Bosz, a little more risk adverse but more stable.

I think it is something that Popa did in his first season, he adapted his style to the players he had at his disposal. It is something that I think that our players but he always wanted to be the best, win silverware.

1. FC Nuernberg secured promotion to BL last night. The best that can be said about them is their colours are red and black, that they are not 1860 Munich, and that they have a very likeable coach. His home town is just 30 kms away from mine, and he speaks with the same broad accent that I grew up with. Unless I am mistaken he is the only person from my neck of the woods who really made it professional football. 

And for those who know me:

https://www.google.com/search?q=michael+koellner&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiu_bqqk_LaAhWFq5QKHeEEC_oQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=907

On 17/11/2017 at 8:27 AM, FCB said:

4th, yes.

Heynckes has integrity with a capital "I". When he was sacked by a club a while back he felt responsible for the poor performance of his team, declined a pay out, walked away with no pay, and returned the car washed and cleaned, with a full petrol tank.

In 2011 he gave Hoeness and Rummenigge a dressing down. Not because they signed Guardiola, but because they hid it from him. Old friends, huh? 

Quite frankly, it would not surprise me if he signed a contract extension. They are about to sign a "backup" for Lewandowski: German international Wagner from Hoffenheim. Because Heynckes says so. 

Apparently, you may already know this, Müller wrote in Heynckes leaving card "See you in October". :rofl:

I think Mueller is a bit too young to retire. And Nico Kovac has just updated his resume quite substantially.

Looks like Bayern will undergo quite a shake up. I'd say that Alaba, Boateng, Vidal, Bernat and maybe Rafinha and even Thiago won't be at the club next season.

8 hours ago, spectacular291 said:

Apparently, you may already know this, Müller wrote in Heynckes leaving card "See you in October". :rofl:

1 hour ago, FCB said:

I think Mueller is a bit too young to retire. And Nico Kovac has just updated his resume quite substantially.

Looks like Bayern will undergo quite a shake up. I'd say that Alaba, Boateng, Vidal, Bernat and maybe Rafinha and even Thiago won't be at the club next season.

I thought the Mueller comment was meant as Heynkes would be back when the new coach didn't work out.

49 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I thought the Mueller comment was meant as Heynkes would be back when the new coach didn't work out.

And I thought I was the one who had too much to drink on Saturday... :-)

I know what Mueller meant. Kovac made a big statement in the cup final. I think he'll work out nicely for Bayern. 

21 minutes ago, FCB said:

And I thought I was the one who had too much to drink on Saturday... :-)

I know what Mueller meant. Kovac made a big statement in the cup final. I think he'll work out nicely for Bayern. 

You were drunk on the coach announcement. The alcohol probably sobered you up enough to get home!

Ever since the Neymar and Ronaldo transfers happened I can't relate to top flight football any longer the way I used to. Atletico and Barca are now arguing if the Griezmann buyout clause was 200 or 120 million Euro. For me that's nuts.

But when Bayern signed Lucas Hernandez from Atletico, they paid 80 million Euro - for a defender. I swallowed hard. Now it appears that they are seriously thinking about signing Sane, and that would be around the 100 million Euro mark.

There is something seriously wrong with this picture.

Schwegler's old club opened BL2 against Stuttgart with a loss 1-2

Sane's knee injury appears to have killed his transfer from city to bayern who are about to sign peresic from inter on loan. And there I talk that coutinho is to be signed from barca. 

21 hours ago, FCB said:

Sane's knee injury appears to have killed his transfer from city to bayern who are about to sign peresic from inter on loan. And there I talk that coutinho is to be signed from barca. 

What happened to the strategy of signing youth? After Hudson Odoi turned them down, then sane’s unlucky injury it seemed like an about turn to go after Coutinho & peresic?

Conte doesn’t seemed fussed to let the player go but inter want a fair price. Coutinho won’t come cheap, can’t see them spending 100m+ on him. Are these signings a Kovac request? I wouldn’t be signing anyone based on his preferences, especially since he won’t be around for long.

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

What happened to the strategy of signing youth? After Hudson Odoi turned them down, then sane’s unlucky injury it seemed like an about turn to go after Coutinho & peresic?

Conte doesn’t seemed fussed to let the player go but inter want a fair price. Coutinho won’t come cheap, can’t see them spending 100m+ on him. Are these signings a Kovac request? I wouldn’t be signing anyone based on his preferences, especially since he won’t be around for long.

The last home grown player who made it into the first team was Alaba, and that's a few years ago now. The gap between senior team and youth players has become too big. It is something the club is working on. They know that they dropped the ball.

Kovac has no say in the signings, he is just the guy who is training them. He does approve of Peresic though, the transfer has been completed, 4.6 mil Euro loan fee. Lopetegui was rumored to take over, and rumour has it that all is not well between coach and part of the team. Mind you, Hummel Ribery Robben Rafinha are now gone, maybe that restores peace and quiet.

Coutinho will only happen if Neymar goes back to Barca. Bayern was going to spend 120 mil for Sane, they have the money.