MLS Thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Continually amazed at the quality of production values in the MLS. Makes the A-League look amateur.

Agreed.. although it helps that they have $$$ and their college system pumps out decent talent too. 

i reckon a few more seasons like last season and we''ll be up there i reckon.

as for carney, **** off back to uzbekistan. i'd rather be saying "where the **** is carney" when he's over there than saying it when he's actually playing a game for a team i support :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw it on sbs news and Cahill said Popa would be a great choice for national coach then mentioned ange

How long is his contract? I hope he comes our way/home

Hard to find any information of his contract as the terms weren't released. He is on $3.2M a year though :) (doesn't include any compensation they receive either) Henry is on $3.75M and Keane on $4M, Dempsey $4.9M, they are the highest.

Standard MLS contracts (as they are essentially employed by the MLS and contracted to each franchise) is around 4-years... 

• 5 months later...

Was just watching the NY Red Bulls v DC United game. NYRB looked like winning in the second half, but not to be. DC 1 - NYRB 0

CAHILL! just scored the Fastest goal in MLS History!!

I hope he retires with us, Western Sydney Boy born and bred!

Hmmm, pretty sure the inner west suburbs of Tim's upbringing  - Balmain, Annandale, Marrickville and even Bexley North  - are Sydney FC territory. Apart from that, I'd love to see Tiny Tim in the A-League too.

The contract with NYRB was a three-and-a-half-year deal worth USD$3.5 million a year, from mid 2012. That means he should be free from early 2016, at which time he will have turned 36. The transfer fee paid to Everton was reported to be USD$1 million. If a club wants him now, I imagine the transfer fee would still be around $1 m - $1.5 m.

Well if you're gonna copy the wikipedia page you shouldn't leave out Plumpton/Oakhurst Soccer Club.

Davo, FWIW I gathered info from MLS, NYRB, Foxsports USA, Tim Cahill websites and a UK football sports page.  :search:

I just took a look at the wikipedia page which quotes a different the transfer fee, and does not mention the contract term. Probably why Gazmon and Burgerman did not have the info.

If copying wikipedia, I missed Tempe and Kingsgrove too. Seems there are way too many differences in information to substantiate an accusation of copying the wikipedia page.  :nea:

Even so, whether wikipedia mirrors the info I presented or not in no way invalidates my comment about the accuracy of "Western Sydney boy born and bred".  :xnod:

You dug up 5 different sources to refute a comment made in passing on a rival team's internet forum? I'll be polite and go with... dedicated...

Hey, I like Tim Cahill, too. Its easy to find 5 sources. Here's a tip - there are web search apps like Google and Bing that point to pages other than wikipedia in just a fraction of a second! I know takes a few seconds to type Tim Cahill's name in the search bar, but that's what I do - research facts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dumb question: Is there any way to override that MLS is blocked off for people not in North America?

Not a dumb question at all :)

You'll need to get a VPN account , and connect through so they think you're from the US.

I got one from http://www.purevpn.com

It even comes with an app so you can use on your phone or tablet.

It's very handy when you want to watch exclusive content from other countries.