Television Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Really disappointed with 'Room 101' on SBS. With Paul McDermott from the Dougs, and in the first episode last night the legendary HG Nelson it should've been pants-wettingly funny.

Instead it was stagey, a little ham-fisted and barely raised more than a smile.

It didn't help that McDermott was restrained and too hidebound to a cheesey script, whilst his guests (Zemiro and Nelson) were hardly better. Nelson always works better when paired with Roy, whilst for McDermott, he needs to be dropping far more crudities and basically telling the audience to get fooked.

Now, on a separate but related matter, I found this segment from an old Roy & HG video I posted online a while ago...it's from the first episode of 'Club Buggery' back in 1995, and has our new goalie gaffer Kalac & Ante Moric in it:

https://youtu.be/zXDVXI7YLGU?t=9m50s

Mel McLaughlin quiz master next week on "Have you been paying attention"!!!!! :woah:

Yeah...saw that last night and reckon the 18-65 male ratings demographic for HYBPA will shoot up next Monday.

More than half decent show, especially with Ed and Sam involved...a bit like 'The Panel' lite. Great tonic after back to work Monday

New series on Dragons Den started on the BBC iplayer last night with 3 new Dragons. It was rubbish, they have made it lighter, they invested in the first guy without even asking any financial questions FFS. And then they get the people walking in to spend time talking to the camera about who they are and what they have done and all the sob stories about the difficulties they have over come (cue emotional mother of 2 who cries in to the camera about how hard it has all been).

Don't like the new Dragons either.

Edited by WSWBoro
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New show on netflix called Club de Cuervos.

About this rich mexican guy that dies and leaves his football club to his two children and they fight over the club presidency.
only watched the first episode and it's pretty good, a little but funny too
Although it's all in Spanish so it does a take some concentration to read the subtitles all the time

Just finished watching , finally, a doco on the Hillsborough tragedy . To say I need a big dose of pick me up right now ,would be an understatement . 26 years ago this happened n the truth has only just come out in the last few years.....what a crock of shiit the police , coroner etc really are. The actual rank n file cops were just pawns , their reports changed to suit their superiors. I can't imagine what the families of the victims went through over all that time. At least now the truth is out, there's some closure n justice has been done.

RIP :(

Don't know if any of you have been along for the ride but really looking forward to this

Brilliant stuff.

Meanwhile, on a far less serious note, been watching my Batman TV series blu-ray, and thought an homage was worth putting up.

"Nah nah nah nah nah...POPA!"

COqnoOOUEAUmKoE.jpg

Don't know if any of you have been along for the ride but really looking forward to this

Brilliant stuff.

Meanwhile, on a far less serious note, been watching my Batman TV series blu-ray, and thought an homage was worth putting up.

"Nah nah nah nah nah...POPA!"

COqnoOOUEAUmKoE.jpg

Still a great looking car! :)