Television Thread

Watched 'Deutschland 83' on DVD...great series about an East German spy in the West German army during the Pershing Missile build up of 1983.

Great stuff...reminded me first off of how tense shite was back then, plus was like an Eighties festival...the music, the gadgets etc:

Watching the Old Firm Derby on Bein 1 to bring in the New Year

25' Rangers 1 - Celtic 0

Sweet! Not much atmosphere though.......

:P

Turn the volume up lad, Ibrox is going off

1 - 1 at half time.

Celtic fans at Ibrox today.

C1AdepZXAAATJXr.jpg

More

Retweet

More
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sonar said:

One of the funniest sci-fi shows.............

Season 3, episode 1 lol I think it is called 'backwards' where they go to a world where everything is in reverse, one of the best I think... been trying to find quality clips but hard to find, but can only find this which gives a taste lol

That future echoes episode, that scene where lister has a conversation with a future echo of rimmer without understanding and it makes no sense and then the real rimmer comes in and says the same things but it all makes sense, that's ******* genius.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mack said:

Yeah, great series, watch them over and over on the UK Channel 4 iplayer, **** what great shows channel 4 gave everyone in the 90' and early 2000's

Black Books

IT Crowd

Father Ted

Shameless 

Load of shyte on there these days.

On 09/06/2017 at 10:30 PM, WSWBoro said:

Yeah, great series, watch them over and over on the UK Channel 4 iplayer, **** what great shows channel 4 gave everyone in the 90' and early 2000's

Black Books

IT Crowd

Father Ted

Shameless 

Load of shyte on there these days.

First couple of seasons of shameless were ace. Went down hill once Kev and Veronica went.

Kev Ball is my hero 

On the BBC iplayer tonight, should be good.

Celebrating Billy Connolly's 75th birthday and 50 years in the business, three Scottish artists - John Byrne, Jack Vettriano and Rachel MacLean - each create a new portrait of the Big Yin. As he sits with each artist, Billy talks about his remarkable life and career which has taken him from musician and pioneering stand-up to Hollywood star and national treasured-u

p to Hollywood star and national treasure.

Haven't watched House of Cards because I can't be arsed to commit to it, BUT I heard that there's actually an original British version which was only 4 episodes, so I watched the first episode of that. And it's ******* brilliant. 

I like that most British shows are concise, unlike American shows which bleed them dry, season after season.

11 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

Haven't watched House of Cards because I can't be arsed to commit to it, BUT I heard that there's actually an original British version which was only 4 episodes, so I watched the first episode of that. And it's ******* brilliant. 

I like that most British shows are concise, unlike American shows which bleed them dry, season after season.

Ahhhh yes, the British House of Cards is an all time classic, Francis Urquhart the ultimate villain and so well acted by Ian Richardson, classic stuff...wont spoil the ending...

Also on fox classics at the min is Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister

Edited by WSWBoro
On 6/15/2017 at 10:27 PM, marron said:

Fargo

**** yeah.

just watched last nights episode. Amazing. Half of it silent violence. Then an amazing big lebowski reference with highly unclear spiritual overtones. And this seasons villain looks like pim verbeek. **** it's good. 

Shame an actor of the standing of Ewan McGregor seems incapable of not slipping between sounding Fargo American, British and Irish often within the same short sentence.....

The first series of Fargo was outstanding, they get less so by the series, they overdo things like all American series rather than letting them rest a while.

Edited by WSWBoro
11 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Ahhhh yes, the British House of Cards is an all time classic, Francis Urquhart the ultimate villain and so well acted by Ian Richardson, classic stuff...wont spoil the ending...Also on fox classics at the min is Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister

Yeah, like I said only watched one ep but he's already one of my favourite tv characters, just brilliant. 

And now I finally know how to pronounce Urquhart.

Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister are amazing too. Incredible writing.

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching Dr Who (under the influence of a certain new friend) and have to say it's been färken good. Peter Capaldi is a brilliant Doctor...just the right mix of snarky bastard, compassionate, smart arse & having a larf. 

Oh, also started watching the new series of 'Twin Peaks' on Stan. Most bizarre, weird shît on tele I've ever seen. David Lynch on steroids with a mescal chaser.

• 2 months later...