Wrestling Thread

Zurg

This is the Dean Ambrose, known as Jon Moxley when he was in CZW. He made his WWE main roster debut a few weeks ago at Survivor Series with Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns after they attacked Ryback (who is the worst thing to happen to wrestling) during his match with CM Punk leading to Punk retaining the title. He will have a match at TLC in a 6 man tables ladders and chairs match. This video shows you the kind of character he is. He comes off as a Joker like character from The Dark Knight. He just looks psychotic, but he is a future champion. He has it all. The looks, the character, the mic skills and the in-ring skills.

I thought that was Stings TNA gimmick? And its sucks all kinds of arse.

Remember duing the feud between Rock and Cena when a few weeks before Wrestlemania Cena came out in his Dr of Thuganonics gear and music... It was the only time I could remember ever marking out for Cena

+10000

Came out with the old music, went "old school" and did his freestyle promo. Thats the shiz that made me a fan of Cena 10 years ago. Then he became Super Cena and got shoved down our throats.

Also, I watched the CM Punk doco on the bluray yesterday. Was a good watch. Nice to see they spent a significant amount of time talking about Colt Cabana, ROH, Chris Hero and even Samoa Joe.

This is the Dean Ambrose, known as Jon Moxley when he was in CZW. He made his WWE main roster debut a few weeks ago at Survivor Series with Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns after they attacked Ryback (who is the worst thing to happen to wrestling) during his match with CM Punk leading to Punk retaining the title. He will have a match at TLC in a 6 man tables ladders and chairs match. This video shows you the kind of character he is. He comes off as a Joker like character from The Dark Knight. He just looks psychotic, but he is a future champion. He has it all. The looks, the character, the mic skills and the in-ring skills.

I thought that was Stings TNA gimmick? And its sucks all kinds of arse.

Personally I don't watch TNA... and Sting is old. Boring to watch. Dean Ambrose is the next big thing.

Remember duing the feud between Rock and Cena when a few weeks before Wrestlemania Cena came out in his Dr of Thuganonics gear and music... It was the only time I could remember ever marking out for Cena

+10000

Came out with the old music, went "old school" and did his freestyle promo. Thats the shiz that made me a fan of Cena 10 years ago. Then he became Super Cena and got shoved down our throats.

Also, I watched the CM Punk doco on the bluray yesterday. Was a good watch. Nice to see they spent a significant amount of time talking about Colt Cabana, ROH, Chris Hero and even Samoa Joe.

F yeah! Samoa Joe is good value in TNA.

UFC/MMA = Muscly Men Hugging. **** that boring ****. Only time I ever enjoyed it was once when I was shitfaced and someone put on the 100 best hits of UFC on video or something. Cut out all the soft petting and got to the good ****.

At least in wrestling, despite it being staged, they jump off something really high or whatever every now and then! Or some **** gets hit with a ladder or something.

PS Probably going to Mania 30 in a couple years :) 

Did any of you grab tickets for the Sydney show in July next year?

I went to the RAW tour 2005... Main event HHH Vs Batista, was pimping, me & my mate wearing out **** fear, Drink Beer stone cold shirts trashed as, was a top night...

If the rock ever came back to australia with the wwe (yeah right) il be ringside...

My mate got tickets for myself and him as a chrissy present for me. Next to the ramp! :) I haven't been since I was in primary school, with my Kane shirt and sign. Good times. :)

my missus and her brother got second row for that WWE show next year. They've been first before, her brother got Shawn Michael's shirt at one of them! They made a sign once and I think it was S Michaels again, he took it off them and went and stood in the middle of the ring with it and everyone started chanting what was written on it hahaha.

Also at our wedding, when the bridal party was being introduced, he walked into the room to Shawn Michael's theme song and did the full posing and flexing and everything hahaha it was classic. Erebus I'll have to show you next time you're over haha

haha classic.

I remember at a show (2005 I think?) when it was Angle vs Cena in the Main Event. These little 10 year old girls a few rows in front of us were doing the typical "CENA!!" chants, and I would scream out after each one "SUCKS!!!"

After a few times, they turned around to look at me.

If looks could kill hahah

**** that, Angle was/is the man. 'sif I wasn't going to cheer for him!

Haha Cena is the Hulk Hogan of this era.

But I respect him for taking the piss out of himself. The fact that he actually made reference to his 4 moves of doom the other week had me laughing.

Yeah that was last week I think he mentioned the 5 moves of doom when he was talking to Vickie Guerrero. I laughed. 

But a part from that he frustrates the hell out of me. They better not be giving Zigglers MITB to Cena at TLC!

For me, WCW and the NWO days takes the cake!

Sting, hogan, hall, nash, giant (big show), Brett hart, ultimate warrior, Steiner, Goldberg..

Wow!!!

yeah this was when I was into it badly when I was about 14 years old. So good, but then they ruined it. I remember they took one week off to write new storylines or whatever, came back to a new set and that was that. Was terrible from then onwards. 

Best night ever was when I went to Melbourne in 2002 for the WWE Global Warming Tour. First time the had been to Oz in 20 years and the card was amazing. Rikishi VS Rico (Rico copped a Massive Stink Face), Mark Henry & Randy Orton VS D-Von & Batista, Jamie Noble VS Hurricane Helms, Chavo Guerro & Hardcore Holly VS Billy & Chuck, Kurt Angle VS Test, Lance Storm & Christian VS Billy Kidman & Rey Mysterio, Edge VS Chris Jerico (Edge entrance was off the hook), Torrie Wilson VS Stacy Keibler in a Bra & Panties match (well worth the flight and ticket price alone) and the main even was Triple H VS Brock Lesnar VS The Rock.

I have never ever heard a crowd do loud as I did when The Rock walked out, it was crazy. I've been to a few WWE tours in recent years, but apart from finally getting to see The Undertaker live, nothing has lived up to that night in Melbourne. 

Idk about you guys but ECW was theeee best.

Sabu and Sandman :D

Terry Funk shits on anyone...

If you ever get the chance, try and find a video or dvd of Mick Foley VS Terry Funk in a 'barb wire death match' they did a long time ago (I think it was in Japan). People go to jail for less than those two blokes did to eachother that night. Barb wire, big panes of glass, fire, and I s**t you know, things rigged with small amounts of C4. I'm pretty sure it's Foley who cops that, and you see him cop a pretty decent brunt of the small explosion. He gets burnt and both men look like they are about to drop dead by the end of it. Amazing stuff.

If anyone has paid there dues in the industry with their own blood, sweat & tears its terry funk & mick foley... "Beyond the mat" is a good documentary for anyone intrested... Hard to find too..

Yeah, Beyond The Mat is pretty good. I used to have it on VHS but I lost it  :sorry:

I bought it for like $10 online a couple years ago.

My mate at work is an old wrestling fan (ie he has stories from the 60s and 70s when he was a kid watching it here) and he told me to watch a match between Finlay and Regal I think it was kicking the $hit out of each other on WCW TV. It was so stiff and full on that the camera went to a permanent wide camera angle so you couldn't see the hits and the blood. And apparently it was getting so stiff they sent out another guy to run interference to stop the match. Crazy $hit.

Back at my old house in Fairfield, where I lived most of my life, the old guy next door was the biggest wrestling fan. You walk into his place and he has a cabinet that spreads all along one side of his wall, and in it is recordings (VHS) of every single episode of the attitude era and even before that. He has them labeled with the date, the show and they are organized in order. They gotta be worth something! He would let me borrow them to watch when I was a kid or I'd go over and watch with him. (He is my godmothers uncle) :)

great reads in this thread. Foley is the bomb. I wish they televised the old ECW out here, but I only ever heard about it. How did you guys watch it before torrents and all that?

I used to live with a guy who had the wrestlemania box set. I hated living there and holed myself up in my room all the time and watched this box set from start to finish. It's so good seeing all those early days where a leg drop wins someone the title up til now where you have to put someone through 6 tables and they still kick out hahaha

great reads in this thread. Foley is the bomb. I wish they televised the old ECW out here, but I only ever heard about it. How did you guys watch it before torrents and all that?

I used to order from Magazines and stuff like that. I even remember when I was young ordering a video cassette from America of a match I really wanted to see, then crying my eyes out because it didn't work in our VCR because they used a different kind of format. So heartbroken. I finally managed to convince my dad to buy a new VCR player just to watch that tape.