mack

Glorious

its working more than the call and response of players names is (starting lineup announcement)

I disagree

Stands get involved with the starting line up, but everyone is clueless when it comes to Glorious. 

I was in the stands for the Wellington game, and no-one cared about the starting line-up either. A few odd voices but most people were too busy buying their food, still getting to their seats etc.

The stands pretty much only get into stuff when they are excited eg after a goal.

its working more than the call and response of players names is (starting lineup announcement)

I disagree

Stands get involved with the starting line up, but everyone is clueless when it comes to Glorious.

People aren't in to the calling out of the starting line up because it takes too long between player names. Sponsor per player breaks the flow.

Gotta say if the RBB can repeat Glorious they way they did when we were getting hammered by Nix, then it has a chance of catching on.

I'm pretty sure it was Euphoria we were singing, not glorious.

The sun your honour!  It was the sun that made me think Glorious was good.  It wasn't even sung!  I think.  Damn it was hot up in East.

I disagree

I was in the stands for the Wellington game, and no-one cared about the starting line-up either. A few odd voices but most people were too busy buying their food, still getting to their seats etc.

The stands pretty much only get into stuff when they are excited eg after a goal.

People around me do the line up...  :meep:

PA introduces glorious, waits 3 seconds and then continues to speak over the top of it right up until after kick off.

I got the impression the club has something in mind but wants to kill off glorious before they implement it.

It doesn't make sense it either is or isn't the walkout song none of this in between shít.

PA introduces glorious, waits 3 seconds and then continues to speak over the top of it right up until after kick off.

I got the impression the club has something in mind but wants to kill off glorious before they implement it.

It doesn't make sense it either is or isn't the walkout song none of this in between shít.

It will only become the walkout song if the stadium embraces it, which there is zero evidence of happening around me. 

I genuinely can't hear it in Bay  3.....even without the PA.

It is the softest chant by volume of any other sung.....

It will only become the walkout song if the stadium embraces it, which there is zero evidence of happening around me. 

I genuinely can't hear it in Bay  3.....even without the PA.

It is the softest chant by volume of any other sung.....

Yes I know, but it was the club who wanted it done like this and it feels like they're ruining it. I'd be happy if the PA made no refefence to glorious since he's just gonna waffle on over the top of it.

Guy is in serious danger of kidnapping and being sold into the Austrian sex trade

Posted (edited)

***couldnt edit post    ^^^^^^^^^^

Was going back down memory lane and stumbled again across this thread. Not sure how the chants going these days in the bay.

But here...I've found the original video that was the inspiration for the chant. The entire video is the chant but it starts weak, and slowly as the video goes on its gets stronger and stronger. Go to 5:34 to skip the weaker parts. This video was literally the inspiration for the chant. I wrote it watching this video.

No trumpets. Not drumming. Just strong vocals which only get stronger, never weaker.

This chant was never intended to be accompanied by instruments or even clapping. It's much stronger with only vocals.

Maybe i've revived a topic thats long passed and im not sure if you guys are still signing this. But thought i'd share the video and thoughts anyway.

Edited by stabtag
dafafafsaff

Yes it still gets sung, usually when we're losing. So basically for about 70 minutes every game :rofl: