Sign in to follow this  
mack

Features (Avatar, Search, Unread Content, Ignore, Navigation).

So apparently a lot of people don't realise we do have certain features:

The Report Button

If you see a post that you feel breaks the rules, is disruptive, trolling, offensive or spam, please do not quote or repost the post that you have an issue with, simply use the report button to contact the moderators. Click the "Report" button, and it will take you to a simple form that you can post your report in.

report.PNG.6268bbd1bdbb2285a7d865dbab1691b3.PNG

Advanced Search:

This has a much more powerful set of search tools than the default box in the top corner. Click the cog button to see them.

searchbutton.jpg

Advanced Search Picture (this is a large picture that shows the entire advanced search feature).

Find My Content (Now My Activity):

This will generate a list of topics you have posted in.

activity.PNG.5f2b8a6db1f9313053ef2966368a88de.PNG

Unread Content AND Mark Site Read

These two features are now located in the same places. There are placed together, one set at the top corner, one set at the bottom. You will get a warning message for the "mark site read" button.

unread.PNG.7766f771d82802399a94ba8f07025c7d.PNG

The unread content feature also has a list of "filters" that can adjust the posts you see. If you click "Read Status" you can also change where the links below take you, if you want to go to the first unread comment instead of the top of the page you can do that.

unread2.PNG.3578596864d77b7cb6f14bf5251dcd4e.PNG

If you want to go to the first unread comment when on a forum topic list, you can do so by clicking the star/circle/pin (depending on the type of thread) icon.

59153ad653d06_unreadstar.PNG.dafbc41da019011fa2107ebd7c4d9bf2.PNG

Quick Navigation:

This brings up a pop-up menu that enables fast navigation between sections of the forum, personal settings and the front page news article types.

quicknav.jpg

Thread Preview:

This has changed with the new upgrade. You can hover the mouse over a thread and it will (within a few seconds) show a preview window.

preview.PNG.27c5ad011839f168076bd458171571c0.PNG

Mark Community Read

Should you wish to clear out the list of topics you have not read, click the "Mark Community Read" button down in the bottom of the site then click "Mark All As Read". Due to the site skin the colour is dark red & can be hard to find.

Ignore User

There is the ability to ignore users from your "Username" Drop Down Menu -> Ignored Users. You can enter in users to ignore. Note it will not ignore quoted posts of theirs, only their own posts.

ignore.JPG.f747d96da5a3e6e79bedcdfdbe034fbc.JPG

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

What is the code for posting a YouTube video.

Thank you.

Edited by Portillo

You just paste the URL in. Then wait. You might need to press enter after. The video should automatically embed in your post.

A reminder that the forum includes an "ignore user" feature. If you don't want to see a users posts, click on the username in the top right hand corner then go down to the Ignore Users button. Click that and you can see the ignore users page. Note: This will not ignore a post that quotes an ignored user, just their own specific posts.

ignore.JPG.0c5c0cbf05f0c431bca04b4e369ee2bf.JPG

G'day Mack.

I just tried to create an avatar for myself and got the message file too big. The photo I tried to attach is landscape and I'm guessing that's the problem.?

What do I need to do to insert a photo into a post? The photo is saved on the tablet I'm using.

It's the size of the post most likely.

If it's a photograph, you've probably got it saved in a very high quality format like a .png file. You should try a resizing website eg https://compressjpeg.com/

It's a 1.47mb jpeg.

Apart from the avatar file size issue, what is the process to add a photo to a post. There doesn't seem to be a menu option in the post "box". I've tried to do a copy and paste similar to embedding a youtube video but after copying the only option is "internal storage".

To a regular post you would upload it to https://postimages.org/ and copy the direct link it gives you, paste into the comment box and push enter and it should show up.

3 hours ago, mack said:

To a regular post you would upload it to https://postimages.org/ and copy the direct link it gives you, paste into the comment box and push enter and it should show up.

Thanks mack, I'll give it a go.