Rocky Visconte

mack

I honestly hope Rocky will get a start this week with many players absent!

None of the players out are left wingers though...

Im sure Popa could do a bit of reshuffling, i mean 4-5 main players are absent, a bit more disruption wouldn't hurt ;) ..... ahaha

Why not play bridge in Ono's role (he's out right?) and play visconte out left?

Whatever happens i would just like to see him get a game in :)

I was actually anticipating a "Rocky,Rocky etc" style welcome but nothing :unknw:

He looks a solid player but was slightly anxious last night on his debut and mainly kept things simple, trying no to make a mistake.

With confidence will be a good asset for our squad.

I think we should keep him.

He put in a solid performance last night considering it's his A-League debut for us on what was a HUGE night, can see him getting better as his confidence grows. If I remember correctly, he hasn't played an A-League game since the Roar 2010/2011 grand final, just NYL games. Makes his performance more impressive when that's considered.

It's also good to have a natural left-footed attacker in squad, gives us options.

Hope to see more of him next season.

I was actually anticipating a "Rocky,Rocky etc" style welcome but nothing :unknw:

He looks a solid player but was slightly anxious last night on his debut and mainly kept things simple, trying no to make a mistake.

Dunno where you were Jaggy but over in the East Stand we all gave him a loud and very welcoming 'Rocky'...

Yeah, he didn't do too much and to be honest that was both to be expected and what was needed...the heat was further up the field in the box.

Dunno where you were Jaggy but over in the East Stand we all gave him a loud and very welcoming 'Rocky'...

Yeah, he didn't do too much and to be honest that was both to be expected and what was needed...the heat was further up the field in the box.

Yeah, I remember giving the 'rocky' from Bay 66. Contemplated doing a 'Rocko' one instead, lol. (as below)

I think he will be used again, definitely will add something with more game time.

Bit awkward when the MC announced him as "ROCKO"....

Twice.

haha, I noticed this too.

Edited by kais84

There is something truly impressive about our club and the way the management and team and Rocky's performance tonight is the epitome if this. Almost no game time this season after being brought in as a replacement for Taj. He probably had no serious expectation to play as long as the bulk of the team were performing week in week out. Then, with the likes of Ono, Mooy, La Rocca out and the need for Rocky to bring all he can in a few cameos, in two of the biggest games of the season, he demonstrates everything justifying faith in his signing.

This speaks volumes about not just Rocky but Popa and the squads work ethic. Hats off to the red and the black...

To extend his contract or let him go? Fairly young (23 i think) and not a bad fringe player to have; pace, power, not a bad shot.

Only left footed attacker in the team.

Looked sharp against smurfs.

You think!!!!!

To extend his contract or let him go? Fairly young (23 i think) and not a bad fringe player to have; pace, power, not a bad shot.

Only left footed attacker in the team.

Looked sharp against smurfs.

You think!!!!!

+ 1

I have to say I was really happy to see Rocky's rocket. I am always a fan of good young Australian talent that  can make its way into our side.

I first met Rocky wandering the stadium when we played the heart the second time. He was very  giving of his time and was very appreciative of the warm welcome he received from everyone. When I spoke to him he just seemed like a top bloke, very level headed. I hope there is a spot for him next year because when he came on I thought he played great and again................WHAT A CRACKER of a goal.

Edited by Jukes01

There is something truly impressive about our club and the way the management and team and Rocky's performance tonight is the epitome if this. Almost no game time this season after being brought in as a replacement for Taj. He probably had no serious expectation to play as long as the bulk of the team were performing week in week out. Then, with the likes of Ono, Mooy, La Rocca out and the need for Rocky to bring all he can in a few cameos, in two of the biggest games of the season, he demonstrates everything justifying faith in his signing.

This speaks volumes about not just Rocky but Popa and the squads work ethic. Hats off to the red and the black...

Completely agree with this. Popa's efforts to keep his backup players fit and always ready is outstanding. Was so great to see Rocky so happy after scoring that belter. Can see him staying on for a while longer!

And let it be said, came from a short corner...

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

I will maintain until my death that it was not a short corner, it was in fact a long corner that just happened to be a quite short long.

Also, he was playing fullback. Has he ever played there before? Is Popa converting him to a utility like Cole?

With that shot against Newcastle I'm thinking Rocky is our option for long range free kicks, in the Roberto Carlos mold. :xnod:

just has to work on that little shuffle Carlos use to do on his run up.

what about Roberto's goal against France, Unbelievable

Farthez though it was going wide and was caught yelling to his team

" I'll get it"..

Edited by Jaggy