Film Thread

MP4Eedz

I understand where you're coming from. But the originals are way too old for me. So this is what I got. And it does have some funny moments in it.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:13 AM, GK21 said:

I understand where you're coming from. But the originals are way too old for me. So this is what I got. And it does have some funny moments in it.

I've changed my mind. I was whinging about there being no good comedies so I'm gonna give it a shot.

That's pretty close to my post pre-site update...

Now you say "What's the verdict?"

Then Manfred praises GG2 and Guy says he hopes Manfred watches more Marvel.

That's my recollection of this thread. I think I missed a couple of posts...

4 minutes ago, luisenrique said:

Missus was raving about it, I'm not into horror though.

thanks i enjoy horror when its well done, its just rarely well done, also looking forward to IT, going to be watching it at the movies i think

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 10:37 AM, luisenrique said:

Yeah, me posting the Blade Runner seems to have disappeared...

The original Blade Runner scenery inspiration was based on Middlesbrough....and it still looks like Ridley Scott is home sick for his home town,,,

• 2 weeks later...

It had its moments. But some of it was cheesy as ****.

Way better than SvsB, but doesn't say much. I'm still looking forward to justice league. Hope they don't **** it up.

Meanwhile, at Marvel.

Spiderman looks awesome. Black Panther looks amazing. CAN'T ******* WAIT FOR INFINITY WAR

7 minutes ago, DontCallMeJacko said:

It had its moments. But some of it was cheesy as ****.

Way better than SvsB, but doesn't say much. I'm still looking forward to justice league. Hope they don't **** it up.

Meanwhile, at Marvel.

Spiderman looks awesome. Black Panther looks amazing. CAN'T ******* WAIT FOR INFINITY WAR

i agree i mean it had the generic fish out of water storyline that has been done a billion times, and the tacked on love story but they are really the only things i didnt like about the movie however that is a lot of the movie, i liked Doctor Poison but only because she reminded me of Scarecrow and quite frankly Scarecrow is a much more interesting villain imo(a villain DC has done **** all with at least in terms of movies), i never watched SvsB but i did watch suicide squad which was pretty terrible but from everything i heard it was a better movie than SvsB.

i am excited for Spiderman but i have never liked a spiderman movie but this one is looking good

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 7:30 AM, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

Guardians of the galaxy vol. 2 was amazing.

Yeah. Totally.

Watched it tonight. I'm a sci-fi/fantasy nerd, but I have to say I'm getting a little over comic book movies. 

But GotG2 was the most enjoyable movie I can remember in a long, long, long, long time. A wonderful romp from start to finish. Funny! I can't remember a funnier movie in the last 10 years. One of those movies where you're laughing so much that you miss the next couple of lines. 

Great script, looks good, awesome characters, great direction, brilliantly paced, and even surprisingly touching. Close to perfection for its genre.

On 6/5/2017 at 7:09 PM, wendybr said:

Hahaha....my kind of film...I hope.

I heard a podcast about this Wendy...sounds like a really interesting story. My only question is (at this stage) is that it looks a bit like a sequel to 'Her Majesty Mrs Brown'

On 6/13/2017 at 11:12 PM, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i didnt mind wonder woman, i mean its the best DC movie since the dark knight rises, but that is like saying herpes is the best STI

It was okay...there were some very enjoyable action sequences and any film that includes Fokker Eindeckers gets Manfred's thumb up.

However Chris Pine is a one note actor...basically he played Captain Kirk goes to the Western Front.

On 02/07/2017 at 0:02 AM, ManfredSchaefer said:

I heard a podcast about this Wendy...sounds like a really interesting story. My only question is (at this stage) is that it looks a bit like a sequel to 'Her Majesty Mrs Brown'

It was okay...there were some very enjoyable action sequences and any film that includes Fokker Eindeckers gets Manfred's thumb up.

However Chris Pine is a one note actor...basically he played Captain Kirk goes to the Western Front.

my female friend groaned when chris appeared, she was not a fan and he was alright but not great

i watched Wrymwood, enjoyable zombie mad max film, going to watch the babadook soon which one of my ex's recommended to me and it looks like a great creepy movie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...