Film Thread

MP4Eedz

6 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

she was the highlight of the movie for me, i dunno it has a chance to be a great movie but was unfocused as hell, i cant pretend i watched justice league or any ben affleck batman movie o i missed a lot of the garbage, in general i am not that interested in super hero movies there are just too many and i get burnt out by them but maybe i am missing a lot of good movies(at least from marvel) because of that

I'm not a superhero movie junkie and can understand why Scorsese laid into them. However for me what works with the Marvel films is that they have a sense of silliness and fun that are rarely there in the DC pics. Even a relatively heavy film like the last Avengers movie was willing and able to take the piss at times. DC just don't do that as far as I can tell.

Case in point...Marvel let Taika Watiti work on 'Thor: Ragnarok'...that's how you demonstrate to your audience that it's all one gigantic farcical fantasy.

• 2 months later...

I have seen the final Star Wars movie and i thought it was quite good. I am not a massive Star Wars fan and to be honest i havent got a ******* clue what has been going on with the story over the many movies....not seen them all. I did wonder if i would know what was happening..but was ok.

I went last Thursday when it was stinking hot and smokey as was something to do in aircon! It was the first day it was out and there were hard core Star Wars fans there ( usually alone) in various Star Wars black t shirts...those guys would prob have a very different view to me i suspect.

It was an ok way ti end it all though i thought.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2019 at 8:10 PM, Neverbloom said:

i think i have taken far too many drugs today

i looked up a movie that has adam sandler in it(uncut gems) and its getting good reviews.........even for a drug trip this seems too unrealistic

F'n love Adam Sandler and not ashamed to admit it (Also love Country music and proud of it!).  I see his detective movie with Jennifer Aniston was the biggest hit on Netflix last year although I seem to recall the critics didn't love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wamen

i am really unsure about both birds of prey and sonic, i want to like both but ewan's sjw interviews has me worried its going to be one of "those" movies, but i do like harley quinn and margot robbie and i do like ewan as an actor but as a person he has a history of treating women like trash and just goes all sjw to over compensate but his interviews makes me uneasy about birds of prey though i do want to watch it, at least in sonic he no longer looks as creepy :P and i do like Jim Carrey(he is also very sjw but relaxed a bit recently) so it should be interesting to see how each movie does

both movies look like they have jokes which try way too hard to be funny

Reading some of the stuff  on here made me ask myself what movie in the last ten years do I consider the worst I've seen.

For me it's the heap of shyte called the " Water Diviner" . This was Russel Crowe's first go at directing a movie.

What a cheesy , embarrassing improbable story including a cross cultural romance between Crowe and a  beautiful Turkish lady.

The poor old Greeks are portrayed in the movie as the bad guys,Historically a shambles. 

Completely ignores the elephant in the room , the Armenian genocide in which it is accepted  the Turks murdered over 1 million people. 

There were widespread protests against the movie and its whitewashing of history by survivors of the genocides and many reviewers savaged the movie

On 25/12/2019 at 9:40 PM, GlobalWarning said:

i think i have taken far too many drugs today

i looked up a movie that has adam sandler in it(uncut gems) and its getting good reviews.........even for a drug trip this seems too unrealistic

I was in the local grocery store the other day and there was a guy wearing a Click t-shirt. It had Adam Sandler's head smack bang in the middle of the shirt with him holding up a remote control. Around his head was a blurry circle and outside the circle were pictures of other characters and scenes from the movie.

Absolutely brilliant.

19 hours ago, btron3000 said:

I was in the local grocery store the other day and there was a guy wearing a Click t-shirt. It had Adam Sandler's head smack bang in the middle of the shirt with him holding up a remote control. Around his head was a blurry circle and outside the circle were pictures of other characters and scenes from the movie.

Absolutely brilliant.

Lol I never seen that shirt but I want to punch it :P going to see birds of prey, 400 seat cinema and 4 people watching.....big numbers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The whole comic book character thing is getting a little tiring tbh.

They were OK to watch once but not enough substance to watch again.

I watched Blade Runner yesterday for the first time, it was good but not sure why it has a cult following ?

• 2 months later...