Film Thread

MP4Eedz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
14 hours ago, marron said:

Internet archive have a stack of old movies, been watching a noir or two, **** they were the best on so many levels. Watched the Third Man yesterday which i'd last seen as a teen I think, so good. 

It's funny the random stuff you remember. I haven't seen that movie since high school, and I don't remember much of it, but I know the theme song was played on a zither and I can still remember how it goes.

1 hour ago, Davo said:

It's funny the random stuff you remember. I haven't seen that movie since high school, and I don't remember much of it, but I know the theme song was played on a zither and I can still remember how it goes.

Yep that's it. The reveal scene is an amazing piece of film.

Just now, marron said:

Yep that's it. The reveal scene is an amazing piece of film.

I'll put it here. It's a spoiler of sorts so if anyone was genuinely going to watch the film hold off, but yeah, just everything about it is fantastic. The setup is

Spoiler

THe main character thinks his friend is dead and is trying to solve his murder. You haven't even seen a picture of his friend so you don't know what he looks like

• 2 months later...

What's your go too Xmas eve movie?

Recently for us it has been Arthur Christmas :lol: Great movie though.

We have had 'it's a wonderful life' at periods across the years.

Growing up it was always Scrooge..the 1951 Alistair Sim version, which is still the best. If feeling nostalgic I will stick that on but the rest ofcthe family no so keen."but daaaaaaad, it's black and white" :rolleyes:.

Then there is Die Hard of course which i put on last year and went down well with the lad :rolleyes:

National Lampoon Xmas vacation is dumb, but funny. Probably the best of those car crash movies tbh.

Elf and Trading Places are worth a look...

Hmmmmmm..I will stick the 1951 Scrooge on while I am doing something and others are busy and then see what the others feel like...

Edited by Smoggy
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...