La Liga

i think we missed marcelo this season being out injured and im begining to believe that maybe mourinho wont go anywhere and may stick around, anythings possible in futbol.

Agree with you on Marcelo. Mourinho i can't see sticking around after this season but like you said anything is possible. Modric has really stepped it up for us this season. 

copa del rey is the focus now, i think sbs will show it live again this year

Yep SBS have all the big European cup finals live (Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup, Copa del Rey, Coppa Italia and DFB Pokal).

The match kicks off 5:30 this Saturday morning (our time).

SBS did the same thing last year with all the cup finals and it was a nice surprise. I thought I'd started the long winter football drought and ended up getting a month of excellent, high class matches.

yer sbs have improved every year, before may used to just the champions league final and fa cup, but showing now the major cup finals, i think they will show this thursday the europa cup league final as well, football is finally becoming more mainstream without havin to rely on foxtel and them terrible live streaming matches

yer sbs have improved every year, before may used to just the champions league final and fa cup, but showing now the major cup finals, i think they will show this thursday the europa cup league final as well, football is finally becoming more mainstream without havin to rely on foxtel and them terrible live streaming matches

4:45am kickoff, Thursday morning on SBS.

the major players rested well on the weekend, only concern is varane is injured and pepe may make a comeback. Since Pepe stood up for Casillas he too has been on the bench but i believe varane has stepped us a better defender this season than pepe

Yeah varane is a huge success! Apparently he is out for season due to meniscus in knee, don't know, apparently madrid have it will sign Castilla player, nacho for next season, shall see

is there anyway to actually watch the la liga games on foxtel ?? so over live streaming. there has to be some channel out there you can buy from foxtel that gets you all the la liga matches\

ESPN has the rights from memory and just decided to not show it in Aus anymore.

no unfortunately in the modern day football money became to the winner in la liga. I forgot the name but im sure its linked to the rich Al Jazerra netweork  the new broadcaster was more keen in cashing up the viewers and punters from China than the rest of the global audience. This in turn has made la liga matches change in time slots where its ordinary for Barca to play a match at 11pm and end at 1am so it can be shown at a more user friendly time slot for the wider audience viewers rather than for the local fan. Espn has lost the coverage for the next few years.

La Liga are in talks to make their league more attractive and to support other teams that are financially way over their heads to change the way the cash is distrubuted by the tv networks. At the current moment Real and Barca are taking the majority of the profits from the al jazerra network contract but as Liga seeks collective tv rights and a system like the Premier League both clubs are prepared to come down from 42% down to about 35% of the the sales and the distrubution slowly will work towards a more collective agreement so the lower end clubs receive better assitance and make the competititon more healthier.

so then who has the wrights in australia?? no one?

You mean the rights?

Because if you mean the wrights then the Brothers have them...

nasm_wrightbros.jpg

nooo, the wrights were a band in the early 2000s that had members from spiderbait, living end, powderfinger, jet, grinspoon and others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wrights

You mean the rights?

nasm_wrightbros.jpg

Ah it was a simpler time back then, when going on a flight meant two dudes would run along underneath carrying you along...

You mean the rights?

nasm_wrightbros.jpg

Ah it was a simpler time back then, when going on a flight meant two dudes would run along underneath carrying you along...

we should use this method for the ACL next season might be cheaper for us.

I am not likin this referee not one but, bad referee.

Blows a foul everytime a madrid player touches one of those oppositions girls.

I think mourinho is now sent off, madrid dominating with hitting post 3 times, I now have a bad feeling about this game, referee wants to decide the outcome of this game.