La Liga

I bought 2 shares in Eibar. Damn I hope they don't get relegated!

really?

how do you do that?

They needed to raise cash in order to operate in la Liga so they sold the shares of the club to people all over the world, was very successful!

Can I still buy some?

Are these like the dodgy penny stocks from wolf of wall street?

really?

how do you do that?

They needed to raise cash in order to operate in la Liga so they sold the shares of the club to people all over the world, was very successful!

Can I still buy some?

I did it with year ago. 50 Euro a pop. I liked their story, only profitable club, 5k stadium but the wisdom of those running la liga was that they wanted them to raise more money. From memory Xabi Alonso bought up considerate shares.

So I own 2, was really excited after a great start to the season but 1 win in 19 leaves Eibar in the drop zone needing a win and results to go their way!

I just need to find a way to get to Spain to pick up my shares, letter on bedside table!

Nice one west13.

It is a good story.

I already loosely attached myself to Rayo for my feel goods however :lol:

Didn't watch much this year though.

I struggle to watch the league because fox commentary is mind numbing. Just hope Eibar don't get relegated! Their stadium is cool, with apartments overlooking it.

Rayo have that awesome Peruvian sash Jersey happening. Cool name too.

Edited by West13

So what's the deal with the new Spanish tv rights law imposed by the Spanish government?
from what I know is that the government wants the broadcast money to be divided more equally and sold as a league, not just Real Madrid and Barcelona being able to sell their own tv rights and take all of the money.
However the players were going to go on strike against this new law?

what the latest with it? Is the law going to be passed?

I don't have fox :ninja:

I started following them a bit cos a band I liked were from vallecas.

There was a good article on them where the author described walking up to the ground and also an incident where the power went out during a game.... When players cry after losing league games you know it's a bit different... anyway these will do.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/feb/27/ray-vallecano-la-liga-blog

http://www.espnfc.com.au/spanish-primera-division/15/blog/post/2167286/rayo-vallecano-demonstrate-why-theyre-different-from-the-rest

In the interesting stuff thread there's a cool little doco on eibar somewhere.

I don't have fox :ninja:

I started following them a bit cos a band I liked were from vallecas.

There was a good article on them where the author described walking up to the ground and also an incident where the power went out during a game.... When players cry after losing league games you know it's a bit different... anyway these will do.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/feb/27/ray-vallecano-la-liga-blog

http://www.espnfc.com.au/spanish-primera-division/15/blog/post/2167286/rayo-vallecano-demonstrate-why-theyre-different-from-the-rest

In the interesting stuff thread there's a cool little doco on eibar somewhere.

Thanks for sharing these. I'll check them out in the morn! Crying baby to attend to!

really?

how do you do that?

Can I still buy some?

Not sure if you can still buy Eibar shares but Real Oviedo have started their share sale initiative. They go for €11 a piece and they have competitions if you buy a share and post a picture of you on your Twitter feed holding the certificate, you get a chance of winning a free jersey. It is a fantastic initiative and through social media shareholders all over the world have become like a family. Read a great article this morning about how Carlos Slim (richest man in the world) rocked up to a supporters pub just to have a beer with other average joe shareholders. I follow Sid Lowe (great Spanish football writer) on Twitter and he's always posting stuff about them.

So what's the deal with the new Spanish tv rights law imposed by the Spanish government?

from what I know is that the government wants the broadcast money to be divided more equally and sold as a league, not just Real Madrid and Barcelona being able to sell their own tv rights and take all of the money.

However the players were going to go on strike against this new law?

what the latest with it? Is the law going to be passed?

Apparently it's a really complicated situation. From memory, it's the player's Union and la Liga vs the Government and the Spanish FA. It's ridiculous how much more the big 2 make even compared to Athletico & Valencia. It's a massive cluster ****, but it needs to be reconfigured. It's going to become like the Scottish League otherwise. Edited by Alexander

You can buy the shares here in Real Oviedo here, 

http://www.locosporverteganar.com/index-EN.asp

I might do it, 

Can I then one day sell the shares at a higher price if they go up?

I see that this season there are in playoffs to get promoted into the 2nd division

25 Reasons why you should buy shares in Real Oviedo

Saturday, 25 April 2015

You really shouldn't need much convincing to buy shares in Real Oviedo since we're now top of the league and about to gain promotion to the Segunda, but just in case you were still in doubt, here's 25 reasons why you really need to buy shares in Real Oviedo.

You'll own a part of a famous club

Real Oviedo are not just another football team in Spain, they have a thrilling history that is well worth reading up on. (We’re not going to write it all up here, but some like Googling/Wikipedia will set you right) but some of the highlights include UEFA Cup ties vs Genoa, thumping both Barcelona and Real Madrid numerous times, including on our La Liga debut. Even our recent history from 2012 is exciting, from being mere days from extinction to being bought over by Carlos Slim and the Carso Group, one of the world’s richest men.

You get a say in how things are run

You won’t just pay a tenner for a share in a club and be forgotten about. The Real Oviedo Shareholders Trust will give you a voice in the club. Got a good idea to help the club? Let us know! They can be found at www.rost1926.com or on Twitter @RealOviedoWFC

The Real Oviedo Shareholders Trust represents the minority shareholders worldwide

Real Oviedo has 30,000+ shareholders around the world, across almost 190 countries. Last time we had a share sale, someone on the North Pole bought a share. The ROST work tirelessly (understatement of the year there) with supporters both international and local to accommodate everyone. From buying a scarf to attending games or knowing where to go in the city if you visit, you are taken care of. We can offer you a pretty good guide around Asturias if you want to get in touch, we’ve been there done it countless times.

We've had some legendary youth players come through the ranks

Adrian Lopez, who played for Atletico Madrid in the Champions League Final last year is now at Porto. Juan Mata of Valencia, Chelsea and now Manchester United fame. Santi Cazorla bossing the Arsenal midfield. Michu, who took the Premier League by storm at Swansea now at Napoli. All of these players started their careers at Real Oviedo. Michu even had the honour to captain the side when we were playing in the 4th tier of Spanish football, the Tercera.

Some have come back to see out their career

Esteban, the Segunda player of the season 2012/13 at Almeria, playing in every single minute of La Liga football last year and also of Celta Vigo and Sevilla fame, has returned at the age of 39 to play a final two years of his career at the club he started off with. The local lad has been in top form between the sticks, taking a huge pay decrease from La Liga to come home. He’s one of the only people in existence to have a highlight reel of saves against Leo Messi.

You'll be part of a family, not just a football team

One of the things that impresses international supporters most about Real Oviedo isn’t that you have started to follow a football team, maybe check their results now and then or watch the odd game. You’re actually becoming a part of something much larger than any football team. It’s much more than a team. As some have put in Oviedo, it’s ‘more than a feeling.’ It’s hard to describe without simply turning to a thesaurus, it’s something you have to experience to understand. It becomes a way of life.

You'll be part of a family that came back from the dead. Twice.

Real Oviedo came back from the dead in 2012. If it wasn’t for Twitter and the Hollywood ending of Carlos Slim buying into the club, there wouldn’t be a team to write about. However, that’s not the only time Real Oviedo were dead and buried. In 2003 the same thing happened, this time, we were forced down to the Tercera (fourth tier) due to financial mismanagement. The manager at the time had to use a toilet cubical for an office because it was the only place that had a working light. There was no hot water for showers, no electricity, no working plumbing. Real Oviedo fans have been through it all, twice, in the recent past, now the light at the end of a very dark tunnel is getting brighter and brighter.

8000 people marching to save the club in November 2012

We will win promotion this year

This is not up for debate. The Segunda B Group One division has been won. It is now a case of drawing one of the other Segunda B Group winners, beating them, and starting to plan for our season in Segunda next year.

Your Sunday afternoons will never be the same again

What did I used to do on Sunday afternoons (match day) before 2012? I’ve honestly no idea, but I recall it being a boring and lonely existence. Probably just walk the dog, do some housework and wait till Monday morning started. Now, it’s one of the busiest and most exciting days of the week. There’s a load of pre-match build up, there’s a great community online who are all streaming the games, there’s the excitement of the games itself, then there’s the post-match come-down where we look into every ball played and start judging the table and other results. And that’s all just if you’re not in Oviedo itself!

Nor will your Twitter feed

Twitter is great craic! There is HUGE community online of people following the team from every part of the globe, every time zone, all we need now is some recognition from the International Space Station and we’re really sorted! So join us some match day for a bit of craic if you’re streaming the game, there is plenty to talk about.

A fan-run club, for the fans, by the fans

Real Oviedo is not a bank account. We, the fans, do not bend over and take it from a bank manager like some teams do in other leagues around the world (we’ll not start that discussion here…) we’re a proper football team. We want to build for the future. Our youth set up is one of the strongest in Spain and it is growing. There is no anonymous owner behind us, everyone is approachable and message-able – even on twitter – so you and all other fans will always be heard. And most of all, the powers that be, are just as passionate about our club as our Ultras.

******* gutted. Relegated on head to head.

Deportivo come from 2 goals behind to draw at Barcelona and Atletico Madrid register one shot at Granada, as do Granada. Nobody tried to win that match.

:(

Yikes that's an ugly way to go down. My condolences.

Tempered my celebrations seeing that. Valencia scored in the 80th minute to win 3-2 away to secure a top 4 finish for me.

Edited by Alexander

You can buy the shares here in Real Oviedo here, 

http://www.locosporverteganar.com/index-EN.asp

I might do it, 

Can I then one day sell the shares at a higher price if they go up?

I see that this season there are in playoffs to get promoted into the 2nd division

So I'm now officially a shareholder of Real Oviedo. If someone on here is interested in buying shares in the club, the opportunity to buy shares ends on the 29th of May.

In theory, yes they can go up in value, but it's not likely.

Exciting times for Oviedo at the moment. They are in the playoffs to go up to the Segunda Division. They played the first leg today & won 1 nill. Fingers crossed

I'm still shocked that they sacked Ancelotti. How can a guy that won them their long desired La Decima be gone 12 months on. They were playing magnificent football just 4-5 months ago. He was the victim of injuries. Losing Modric & James for so long really hurt their title run. It's absurd he got sacked

I'm still shocked that they sacked Ancelotti. How can a guy that won them their long desired La Decima be gone 12 months on. They were playing magnificent football just 4-5 months ago. He was the victim of injuries. Losing Modric & James for so long really hurt their title run. It's absurd he got sacked

as ridiculous as it is, 

it doesn't surprise me at all, 

as ridiculous as it is, 

it doesn't surprise me at all,

If the next coach has a season like Carlo did this season, expect something similar to happen!

Alves is gona leave Barca it seems, i wonder where Falcao will go next season, back to Monaco after his loan stint but will they again try to offload him on loan or sell him?

I can't see Alves staying in Spain unless he goes to Athletico. My guess is England for him to fatten up his bank balance.

Falcao will definitely go, it's just a matter of where. The owner of Monaco had to pay his wife £2.6 billion as a divorce settlement and he's not looking to spend big in transfers for the time being. The issue with Falcao is his wages, he should never have gone to Monaco but did it for the money.

5 teams in the UCL next season, should be fun :xnod:

It's amazing Spain's dominance in the Europa League. Teams like Tottenham, Marseille should take note of how teams like Athletico and Sevilla have used the experience and money gained in the Europa to put them in a position where they can be continually competitive in the UCL, but also in their domestic leagues. Tottenham especially (sorry Nnnnathan12) should look into Athletico's (and to a lesser extend Sevilla) ability to constantly be selling players but still remaining competitive. In the past few years Athletico have sold Aguero, Costa, Falcao, et al but somehow are still right up there in Europe & Spain. How's that possible? They deserve massive credit for it

yer Valencia has always been up there, but now atletico have worked into their mode of keeping good players, selling and then bringin new talent. Sevilla doing well again, just need villareal to start to get up to gear again like when they once reached the semis of ucl staring requilme and co. Atletico good to see them achieving well been a long time since the old Vieri days when they were consistant.

Best League in the world = 4 teams in UCL, knocked out by round of 16 (if not before)

some "crappy" league in the world = 5 teams (next season) and dominating Europe

figure that out...