The all purpose Videogame Thread

14 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

I miss the old map... 

#Bringbackthoselongleggeddinosaursorllamasorwhatever...

what do you miss about the old map? i dont get why they cant cycle between maps tbh i like the new map but a lot of people are not a fan of them, also bloodhound is awesome

2 hours ago, GlobalWarning said:

what do you miss about the old map? i dont get why they cant cycle between maps tbh i like the new map but a lot of people are not a fan of them, also bloodhound is awesome

Every time me and the other friends I play with landed in slums or wetlands we would always win or be in the top 3.

Edited by MathyouWSW
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, HollowedHeart said:

for me i am still paranoid about the xbox thanks to the xbox 360 being unreliable garbage :P the console had some amazing games but that doesnt matter when the console is always dead :P

haha the old red ring of death. yes, I had that happen to me. The 360 was a good time particular in the earlier years. "hacking" it to play copied games and even playing those games online, ripping and playing games from a HD. I even got involved in some shady dev boxes that were being sold online. Oh mmaaannn... memories. 

I've got a One, but will look to get the new PS. I've always been drawn to PS but just loyal to xbox.

Speaking of being unloyal, I've bought a new laptop, a Acer Nitro 5. My intention wasn't to game, but because I do a lot of photo and graphic stuff this particular machine was in budget and had specs to run Adobe stuff. From what I've read it can cater for some games for a casual gamer. 

Any recommendations? I had a lot of fun with R6 siege.

1 hour ago, teddies said:

haha the old red ring of death. yes, I had that happen to me. The 360 was a good time particular in the earlier years. "hacking" it to play copied games and even playing those games online, ripping and playing games from a HD. I even got involved in some shady dev boxes that were being sold online. Oh mmaaannn... memories. 

I've got a One, but will look to get the new PS. I've always been drawn to PS but just loyal to xbox.

Speaking of being unloyal, I've bought a new laptop, a Acer Nitro 5. My intention wasn't to game, but because I do a lot of photo and graphic stuff this particular machine was in budget and had specs to run Adobe stuff. From what I've read it can cater for some games for a casual gamer. 

Any recommendations? I had a lot of fun with R6 siege.

i didnt do this because i was young but i remember having a modded playstation which my father modded or got someone to mod to play games, those were the days :P i dont know enough to mod anything, i got a plan to help you out when it comes to deciding on both, you buy me both consoles and buy me a few games for each console and i'll tell you which one you should buy for yourself.......... :P

i always recommend this partly because its an australian but also because its a ******* good game but hollow knight might be looking into, that said if you are a casual(i mean hell i am) then there is some content that you will just not be able to complete but that is optional DLC content, maybe wait for overwatch 2, apex legends is always fun(and free)

all the games i am either playing or going to get soon are huge games(persona 5, final fantasy 7, borderlands 3 ect) so while those games are easy enough maybe the length wouldnt be casual friendly

A friend of mine tried streaming for the first time on his PC, he tried to stream with one monitor on PC. Number one rule if you're going to stream...never stream with only one monitor, it's very difficult as the donations/chat etc. are interfering with your view.

He has invested in a second screen apparently 

I used to stream but it was just via the PS4 for Jackbox games stuff.

7 hours ago, Kitto said:

Oblivion is one of my favourite games, I've sunk more hours in that than any other.

i did like oblivion a lot but skyrim stuck with me more, the DLC for oblivion was fantastic though.......well not the horse armour :P but the shining isles i think they were called

that is the sad thing about bethesda for me yes their games were always buggy but usually they were still fantastic games and most of the bugs added to the charm.......recent bethesda isnt like that though they have the bugs but none of the good things :P

speaking of old games that have a lot of issues, never played this but its amusing to see people get annoyed at this

a 2003 game based on voice recognition just wasnt going to work :P but i respect them trying

21 hours ago, HollowedHeart said:

i did like oblivion a lot but skyrim stuck with me more, the DLC for oblivion was fantastic though.......well not the horse armour :P but the shining isles i think they were called

that is the sad thing about bethesda for me yes their games were always buggy but usually they were still fantastic games and most of the bugs added to the charm.......recent bethesda isnt like that though they have the bugs but none of the good things :P

speaking of old games that have a lot of issues, never played this but its amusing to see people get annoyed at this

a 2003 game based on voice recognition just wasnt going to work :P but i respect them trying

I remember when James/UberHaxorNova played this...(he is the first guy in the video in case you don't know him) and he posted the gameplay on his youtube channel. I was in tears due to laughing so hard at this game. It's really bad.

1 minute ago, MathyouWSW said:

I remember when James/UberHaxorNova played this...(he is the first guy in the video in case you don't know him) and he posted the gameplay on his youtube channel. I was in tears due to laughing so hard at this game. It's really bad.

i will check out more, honestly i think the idea is actually very unique, clever and interesting however 2003 tech did not work well when it came to voice recognition, i wonder if it was remade today if it would be less painful to play

honestly dont know how much voice recognition has improved since then but i imagine it would be 1000 times better now

1 minute ago, HollowedHeart said:

i will check out more, honestly i think the idea is actually very unique, clever and interesting however 2003 tech did not work well when it came to voice recognition, i wonder if it was remade today if it would be less painful to play

honestly dont know how much voice recognition has improved since then but i imagine it would be 1000 times better now

I think there would be a massive improvement from 2003 to present.

Even though it's not a game, but a good example is Cortana. My mother was about a metre or two away from my laptop and I asked her to mention a restaurant near us just to get website and search their contact number. Cortana recognised her voice instantly and gave a link to the site.

1 minute ago, MathyouWSW said:

I think there would be a massive improvement from 2003 to present.

Even though it's not a game, but a good example is Cortana. My mother was about a metre or two away from my laptop and I asked her to mention a restaurant near us just to get website and search their contact number. Cortana recognised her voice instantly and gave a link to the site.

i was going to say i would think it would be completely different than it used to be, still wouldnt be funny to watch people play if the voice recognition actually works :P

my favourite parts is when she randomly shot things like the bed or the lounge :P