The all purpose Videogame Thread

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

I watched someone I know that streamed it tonight on Twitch

New map seems interesting.

thanks to new borderlands 3 dlc i am taking a short break from apex or at least not playing it as much but i enjoy the map a lot, also caustic is awesome(at least i am having fun playing as him)

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

what is a good game i can buy on steam for less than $20 for a **** computer? because i won a steam gift card accidentally and i dont even use steam but i am sure there are good games on there my computer can run

Civilisation is always good I find

Days and days of entertainment 

2 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

what is a good game i can buy on steam for less than $20 for a **** computer? because i won a steam gift card accidentally and i dont even use steam but i am sure there are good games on there my computer can run

FTL: Faster Than Light ($3.62), Bastion ($3.14), Door Kickers ($5.79), Flight Control HD ($3.75), Prison Architect ($10.73).

19 hours ago, mack said:

FTL: Faster Than Light ($3.62), Bastion ($3.14), Door Kickers ($5.79), Flight Control HD ($3.75), Prison Architect ($10.73).

thank you i remember looking up prison architect and thinking about buying it on console, sounds like its a much better deal on steam

On 30/11/2020 at 11:30 PM, mack said:

Door Kickers ($5.79)

Top game, highly recommend it if you're into puzzle/strategy games.

Another game I would recommend is Her Story (it's currently $14.50). 

the big conversation around cyberpunk is the the bugs and poor performance, i have had about 4 crashes in 5 ish hours(this is on my old playstation 4), a few laggy cutscenes and yes a bug here or there but its not been that common for me compared to what i was expecting, really enjoying it

It's one of the buggiest games I've ever played.

It's also incredibly badly performing. My system can run Farcry 5 at 120 to 150 fps easily on max ultra and 2077 needs medium/low settings and for DLSS to be on.

It's reasonably fun but it is incredibly disappointing compared to the hype CDPR built up for this. They promised an epic RPG and turned out a buggy, inferior version of GTA/Farcry. I don't understand how they could have worked on this in a full time fashion for about 4 to 5 years and come out with this ****.

i have found plenty of bugs so i agree with you there its just performance isnt as bad as i expected since i am playing on pretty old hardware, most of what i have experienced has been in terms of bugs have been things not loading in, like i fell down a elevator shaft because the elevator didnt want to spawn in, had a few doors that blocked my path till i just walked through them, i mean i get other people are having far more issues than i am so i am lucky, the game does crash every 2 hours or so for me, even crashed during the ending credits..........which shouldnt happen

its been a pretty big mess though, pretty much no one is talking about the actual game because of all the bugs which in my opinion is a shame but they did have 8 years to create the game(i do believe it has been in development for 8 years or more, dont know much about what is going on behind the scenes though) its an actual fun game, at least in my opinion, it is pretty standard open world kinda game, missing a few features i wish was in the game(for example having a reputation system for the various gangs would be an awesome feature, you think when i shot up various gang bases that would make them like me less), the perks usually are not too interesting(just increasing numbers, nothing that interesting for the most part) 

a feature i cant believe is missing is car customisation, dont need anything too deep but something would be nice, still having fun though but its been a huge **** show

• 2 weeks later...

still enjoying cyberpunk but the more i play the more i more i am disappointed in what it could have been, not even talking about the bugs and technical issues but more promised gameplay features being missing, police being terrible, AI being dodgy, RPG elements usually being half baked, still having a lot of fun but it is disappointing too, i didnt buy itno the hype tbh because i used to but i dont feel much hype anymore but i look at a lot of things they could have done better, even basic stuff like no car customisation is missing, would also love a karma system but that does bring its own issues

• 3 weeks later...