Canberra Wanderers

I did a search and couldn't find any threads about Canberra Wanderers supporters getting together for away games. I usually travel up for the home games but want to find some like-minded folks to watch games with in the Capital.

Anyone game, anyone have a spot?

there are a couple of us from Canberra (myself and POUMista). We've appropriately named Wanderer fans from the Southern Tablelands and ACT regions 'STACT'.

As me and POUMista live on opposite ends of Canberra, we have yet to find an appropriate 'home away from home' to watch home games.  whereabouts are u located?

My brother and I also travel up to Parramatta for all the home games. I was thinking watching the games at the Canberra City Labor club or Civic Pub. Both venues play all the games on Fox and it would be a good place to have heaps of people around.

City labor club would be good! I know that Hellenic club(s) show games too..

there are a couple of us from Canberra (myself and POUMista). We've appropriately named Wanderer fans from the Southern Tablelands and ACT regions 'STACT'.

As me and POUMista live on opposite ends of Canberra, we have yet to find an appropriate 'home away from home' to watch home games.  whereabouts are u located?

Im planning a move to Mittagong later in the year for work, would the wanderers fans from the Southern Highlands be part of the STACT?

I'm heading up for the Nix - have to go to Sydney for an engagement party anyway, so it should be a good weekend, with a glorious win. :)

It would be great if those who aren't going could check out the local pubs for that match and find one where we can watch games. Not that we'll get much use out of it this season - our only other away games this season are Heart - which I'm not going to, and I suspect most others aren't either - and Newcastle. But there will still be finals, for those that can't go, so we can try to carve out a spot in a decent pub (thinking ahead for next season too).

It would be grand to have a local catch up for the Heart match of as many Canberra WSW fans as possible while the season's still on.

Also, those coming up for Sunday - come to the Woolie and introduce yourself. It'd be great to start pulling together a coherent fan base down here (I've seen a few stickers, but no shirts).

the missus and i are heading up to the nix game too.. and up for the derby of course!  (Poum, we'll catch up there!)

we should schedule a time to catch up and watch the melbourne game at one of the venues mentioned above next saturday - if ur not heading down to melbourne.

Awesome. Any chance to get the RBB to post this info on thier facebook page to let other Canberra WSW supporters know where to go 

pm me the details and I'll post it on the RBB facebook page.

We are a small group (ex Sydney region) of Wanderers supporters based in Canberra.

Tradies in Dickson shows most of the HAL games and that's usually our meet up location, although I get to nearly all home games at Parra

and many away games - I will be in Melbourne on 16th vs Heart and of course the last round game in Newcastle.

Hi Guys. I have been thinking about this as well. I live in Chisholm but grew up in Blacktown. Happy to meet up. Would save the family hearing me shouting and scaring the Neighbours.

Sorry, Bamava, I laughed at this.  Now if you lived at opposite ends of Sydney, you would have a problem.  But opposite ends of Canberra - ha, ha, ha! 

Ok boys and girls, this is the official call-out for the Canberra/ STACT vs Melbourne Heart catch-up in Canberra this Saturday.

It's this Saturday, so we have to sort a venue, stat. Rather than impose one, I'll start with bids. I think something central would be best for everyone, and reflects the options already floated, so the choices we have are Labor Club (in the City), the Civic, or the Hellenic Club.

I'm easy with all choices atm, but if people want to nominate a preference, now's the time, so we can all arrange to be in the same place. Also, the sooner we pick one, the sooner I can warn the venue that half a dozen to 20 lunatics may be turning up at their doors. 

Sorry, Bamava, I laughed at this.  Now if you lived at opposite ends of Sydney, you would have a problem.  But opposite ends of Canberra - ha, ha, ha! 

Hahaha yes, admittedly we have distance on our side.. and it is pretty much 20 mins from north to south.. hahahh.

but.. 20 minutes?!  I want to be there now!

Ok boys and girls, this is the official call-out for the Canberra/ STACT vs Melbourne Heart catch-up in Canberra this Saturday.

It's this Saturday, so we have to sort a venue, stat. Rather than impose one, I'll start with bids. I think something central would be best for everyone, and reflects the options already floated, so the choices we have are Labor Club (in the City), the Civic, or the Hellenic Club.

I'm easy with all choices atm, but if people want to nominate a preference, now's the time, so we can all arrange to be in the same place. Also, the sooner we pick one, the sooner I can warn the venue that half a dozen to 20 lunatics may be turning up at their doors. 

Definitely keen for the city, those proposed venues are fine with me. I'v never watched an A-league game at these venues, so i dont know what atmosphere - if any - or coverage they would provide .. especially with NRL starting.  Recommendations please!

Definitely keen for the city, those proposed venues are fine with me. I'v never watched an A-league game at these venues, so i dont know what atmosphere - if any - or coverage they would provide .. especially with NRL starting.  Recommendations please!

This is basically my concern. The earlier we work out which one we prefer, the earlier we can check that we'll have audio, as well as a screen. 

I'll try contacting the three above venues regarding this tomorrow and/ or Thursday, but in the meantime, indicative votes would be good...

Either the Civic or the Hellenic Club work well for me and my mates ... we decided we're gonna drive down to Melbourne this weekend though, and may have a few seats if anyone's interested ...

Civic it is.

For all Canberra wanderers, and those nearby who can make the journey, we shall be meeting at the Civic Pub (8 Lonsdale St, Braddon), from about 3pm tomorrow (Saturday) for the game vs Heart.

Watch this space for any last minute updates or changes, but basically we will be there from 3-ish anyway. 

See you all there!

Definitely coming down for this. Have to work later but that leaves time to meet everyone. Sounds like the start of something special. Well done to the guys for organising this.

So, a good turnout tonight. 8 attendees, with at least 4 apologies. Downside was the lack of audio. We need to find a place that will properly accommodate us ASAP.

To be fair, they didn't mind our singing and such, and the bouncer was hilarious, but the lack of audio and so on means the Civic was less than optimal.