Canberra Wanderers

we are planning to watch the Derby on Sat night at Tradies Club in Dickson - be there from 7-15pm

(this will be first home game I've missed for a year)

then game on Tues vs MV we'll be at King O'Malleys Pub in Civic (City Centre), just opposite from MacDonalds, so we can do the Poznan etc

I'm off to AUTD the following weekend for TOD

we are planning to watch the Derby on Sat night at Tradies Club in Dickson - be there from 7-15pm

(this will be first home game I've missed for a year)

then game on Tues vs MV we'll be at King O'Malleys Pub in Civic (City Centre), just opposite from MacDonalds, so we can do the Poznan etc

I'm off to AUTD the following weekend for TOD

Cheers, will try and get down on Tuesday night if the Futsal's not running late !!

Reconfirming our meet up of WSW supporters in Canberra and region on this Tues for game vs MV at King O'Malleys pub in Civic

http://www.kingomalleys.com.au/

Spread the word - numbers already growing nicely

Management at King O'Malleys has allocated us the Castle Room for this evening's meet up

hasta pronto

20 people!! well done that a great turn out and one again great organisation.

Pity about the result but lets hope many long term friendships have been cemented?

and I don't mean popa and Musky?

• 2 weeks later...

For those not able to make trip up to Newcastle this weekend, we are meeting up to watch game live on Fox Sports at:

King O'Malleys pub in Civic (see venue details in previous posts on this topic)

From 7pm on Saturday for 7-30pm kick off

For those not able to make trip up to Newcastle this weekend, we are meeting up to watch game live on Fox Sports at:

King O'Malleys pub in Civic (see venue details in previous posts on this topic)

From 7pm on Saturday for 7-30pm kick off

its of course a 7-45pm kick off

hope to see some fellow WSW supporters at King O'Malleys this evening

Pablo, are you at the pub?

yes, I was (ha ha) !

good we are building a tradition fr these meet ups

I'll be game next Fri vs Roar, so as we discussed next meet up at this pub will be PG vs WSW on 22 Feb

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else in a bind over next weekend's clash between the union in Canberra and the football in Parramatta? I have season tickets for both clubs and normally the Wanderers would take precedence over any other match, but it's the Brumbies vs the Waratahs in Canberra... Biggest fixture of the year in Canberra versus the struggling Wanderers needing a win against a vastly improved Adelaide. It's a tough one.

Is anyone else in a bind over next weekend's clash between the union in Canberra and the football in Parramatta? I have season tickets for both clubs and normally the Wanderers would take precedence over any other match, but it's the Brumbies vs the Waratahs in Canberra... Biggest fixture of the year in Canberra versus the struggling Wanderers needing a win against a vastly improved Adelaide. It's a tough one.

Priorities mate!! Our boys at wanderland need all of the RBB and WSW fans to help them out of this tricky spell we are in!! We don't need another turn up like Newcastle when 6,000 members didn't turn up!

It's not like there is any atmosphere or special about the match anyway so just tape it and watch it at home! Many other clashes?

A question for the Canberra Wanderers...anyone know of a place down in our nation's capital that does names/numbers inexpensively with the appropriate font for shirts? 

Nope! No where that I'm aware of! I ended up just taking mine to Peter Wynns. It's probably not the cheapest place in Sydney, but it was convenient!

Oh mate. It's a killer for me too! I'm torn!

As someone growing up playing Rugby in Canberra, I must admit that WSW have won me over in terms of atmosphere.  Would love to watch the Brumbies, but I've chosen to head to Parra particularly at this stage of our season!

Besides, the time it takes to get out of the Stadium is almost the same as Canberra to Sydney.  :cheeky:

Watching ACL live on Fox tonight in Canberra:

For those interested join me at King O'Malleys pub in Civic

Its 11pm kick off our time

WOW! Surprised the Kingo is open that late? Especially on a wednesday?

just checked with manager at KO and it stays open until midnight and only kicks on if demand is there

so too risky to get cut off viewing and only see first half

so its over to Plan B: Tradies at Dickson which stays open until 4am every night

(Snack Bar "Blueys" also open right through)

Hope to see some fellow fans there and then