Canberra Wanderers

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone. Seems that the Canberra FC friendly has been confirmed ( thanks to teddies). What are people's ideas about meet ups, Etc.

Meet ups throughout the season?  I'm all for it!  Kingo's in Civic were happy to host us in one of their rooms last year - although happy for other suggestions.

Dribs and drabs of red and black came in throughout the season, but hopefully we can encourage more to come along. 

• 2 weeks later...

As most would already be aware, in early April I shifted from my Canberra work base and so back in Blue Mountains.

All the best to the Canberra-ACT ("STACT") based supporters for keeping some meet ups going at King O'Malleys pub.

See you on the terraces for 2014-15 season.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'll be heading up on October 1st to watch the semi final game and wanted to find out where in the stadium people recommend for seating, not sure if there is a section of opposition fans and would rather be seated with Wanderers supporters.

Welcome! 

It all depends on how active you want to be.

Obviously RBB if you want to chant but if you want to watch most of the match, then the grandstands, preferably towards the north end (as the away bays are to the south). I would just check the seating plans when ticketmaster start selling.

Welcome! 

Obviously RBB if you want to chant but if you want to watch most of the match, then the grandstands, preferably towards the north end (as the away bays are to the south). I would just check the seating plans when ticketmaster start selling.

Thanks for that mate, the game is perfect timing as my family are up in Sydney on holiday visiting relatives so we can actually make a Wednesday night game.

I think when the regular season starts I'll be going to the RBB section when I drive up myself.

Welcome!

Thanks for that mate, the game is perfect timing as my family are up in Sydney on holiday visiting relatives so we can actually make a Wednesday night game.

I think when the regular season starts I'll be going to the RBB section when I drive up myself.

Don't forget that the Korean side won't have as many fans as Evergrande bought (well, the Evergrande owner bought 3,000 tickets for Chinese fans in Sydney and then paid the trip for 1,000 active fans) so pretty much if you pick anywhere on the east stand (one or two bays in the south end of the east stand is usually where the away fans sit) or the west stand you should be fine! The further north you go in the east/west stands the closer/louder the RBB will sound!
  • 2 weeks later...

Meet ups throughout the season?  I'm all for it!  Kingo's in Civic were happy to host us in one of their rooms last year - although happy for other suggestions.

Dribs and drabs of red and black came in throughout the season, but hopefully we can encourage more to come along. 

I'm in Canberra for a few weeks, is this the only place where WSW fans hang out ?

I actually liked the club at Deakin when we played there.

I'm in Canberra for a few weeks, is this the only place where WSW fans hang out ?

as per my previous email, I'm no longer working in Canberra

however, over my 2-3 years in the capital we only met at King O's or sometimes at Tradies in Dickson

KO's is football fan friendly and the most central sports bar venue

as per my previous email, I'm no longer working in Canberra

however, over my 2-3 years in the capital we only met at King O's or sometimes at Tradies in Dickson

KO's is football fan friendly and the most central sports bar venue

I second this. 

In other news... tickets to Tuggeranong v Victory are here... via ticketek:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=FFACUP14

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you guys still gather for the games? Stuck in Canberra tonight and need to know where to watch the game

there was talk from POUMista (now back in Sydney) of meet ups at the Civic in Braddon

http://civicpub.com.au/

alternatively suggest, King O'Malleys in Civic - they should have game on, and if not then staff are good to assist

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently moved to Canberra for work, couldn't make the derby as had moving commitments, however on recommendation from the forum, I attended King O'Malleys in Civic to watch it.

Didn't bump into any fellow wanderers but managed to watch the game thankfully.

Staff were very obliging to put the game on one of the TVs inside and by the second half we had a few hangers on watching the game.

Decent pub, decent feed, friendly staff. 

Wandering if any of the Canberra wanderers are still around as I'll be definitely looking for a pub or some place to watch most away games at least for the remainder of the season. 

Post in here when the games get closer and we'll try and arrange a place to watch the games. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Where are the Western Sydney Canberrans watching the final?

I'm thinking of driving to Marconi unless any fellow residents of the territory will be congregating in civic somewhere? 

Edited by Filly

Where are the Western Sydney Canberrans watching the final?

I'm thinking of driving to Marconi unless any fellow residents of the territory will be congregating in civic somewhere? 

Some of us will be going to the Hellenic Club to watch the final. According to a mate of mine they are having a special event there to mark the occasion (but whether it is the Woden or Civic Hellenic Club I'm not too sure as of yet). I'll post the details here for you as soon as I find out which one it is.

Aight made a few calls to some of the sporting clubs/bars around and it turns out the Civic Hellenic Club is our best bet because they won't be dogging us with thugby/convictball bullshit. The club is just a short walk towards ANU from the city centre (https://www.google.com.au/maps?q=Civic+Hellenic+Club&ion=1&espv=2&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.121070826,d.dGY&biw=1920&bih=955&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVx_jux7XMAhVHwmMKHSPcDW0Q_AUIBigB). Hope to see you there mate :)

Aight made a few calls to some of the sporting clubs/bars around and it turns out the Civic Hellenic Club is our best bet because they won't be dogging us with thugby/convictball bullshit. The club is just a short walk towards ANU from the city centre (https://www.google.com.au/maps?q=Civic+Hellenic+Club&ion=1&espv=2&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.121070826,d.dGY&biw=1920&bih=955&dpr=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVx_jux7XMAhVHwmMKHSPcDW0Q_AUIBigB). Hope to see you there mate :)

Love your work mate. Hellenic club would the perfect place to watch it. See ya there.

• 3 years later...