carrying on the Murican theme has anyone been to the Memphis BBQ pit Penrith??? Im obsessed with southern food and want to know if it worth it... I have heard conflicting reports.

Have been walking past it on the way to work every single day for the last three months. Had the "pulled pork" roll the other day. It was pretty good, but I was expecting more from it to be honest.

Haven't had a chance to go back, but I reckon I could try one of everything and let you know :xnod:

All the talk on here made me buy this when I was doing my shopping. Had a BBQ on Saturday for lunch. Ajvar is the SHIZZ!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGAQMElCYAEicHY.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but growing up around Picton, Bargo and Camden the only foreign food I got to eat was Skippy's hamburger shop at Bargo that used to throw garlic sauce in their hamburgers and the local Chinese shop the odd pizza and the old man pis$ed trying to impress his mates cooking a bbq after shopping in the deli outside Go low at tahmmoor with different salamis.

So what the hell is Ajvar?

carrying on the Murican theme has anyone been to the Memphis BBQ pit Penrith??? Im obsessed with southern food and want to know if it worth it... I have heard conflicting reports.

Have been walking past it on the way to work every single day for the last three months. Had the "pulled pork" roll the other day. It was pretty good, but I was expecting more from it to be honest.

Haven't had a chance to go back, but I reckon I could try one of everything and let you know :xnod:

Hahaha well in that case I think I better go try it all out as well  :good:

All the talk on here made me buy this when I was doing my shopping. Had a BBQ on Saturday for lunch. Ajvar is the SHIZZ!!

Excuse my ignorance but growing up around Picton, Bargo and Camden the only foreign food I got to eat was Skippy's hamburger shop at Bargo that used to throw garlic sauce in their hamburgers and the local Chinese shop the odd pizza and the old man pis$ed trying to impress his mates cooking a bbq after shopping in the deli outside Go low at tahmmoor with different salamis.

HAHAHAHA you my friend have opened up Pandora's box with that question... I know what it is (my missus is Slavic) but the best person to ask is Balkanite from what I understand he is somewhat of an expert on the matter..

to give you an idea it is not a sauce it is more a relish maybe, but im no expert

HAHAHAHA you my friend have opened up Pandora's box with that question... I know what it is (my missus is Slavic) but the best person to ask is Balkanite from what I understand he is somewhat of an expert on the matter..

to give you an idea it is not a sauce it is more a relish maybe, but im no expert

lol i remember a thread lasting at least 6 pages talking about Ajvar

I think it was the CCM BBQ thread so much AJVAR!!!..

lol that was it

too late avjar thread has reborn again,

Ajvar%20ljuti%20690g%20(Custom).jpg

It has begun :shok:...

I cant remember who posted it but it was said that we should have these blown up outside Parra stadium like CC have their novelty sized sauce bottles then Sheedy would really **** himself...

There's a Southern BBQ place in Penrith??!!! Pulled pork? Jalapeño poppers? Burnt ends? Argh!!!! Hope it's fking good as I want to have something close to what Tony Bourdain and Adam Richman gorge on on the Travel Channel. Plus the last southern style restaurant in Penrith I went to (Crawdaddys) was average,

By the way what do people think of Panthers Pide Pizza and Kebab? For me it's the only decent place to go in town for a pide/kebab

There's a Southern BBQ place in Penrith??!!! Pulled pork? Jalapeño poppers? Burnt ends? Argh!!!! Hope it's fking good as I want to have something close to what Tony Bourdain and Adam Richman gorge on on the Travel Channel. Plus the last southern style restaurant in Penrith I went to (Crawdaddys) was average,

By the way what do people think of Panthers Pide Pizza and Kebab? For me it's the only decent place to go in town for a pide/kebab

Surprisingly the mega bites on the Great Western near the St Mary's valley fitness was pretty decent for Kebabs, Pides, and pizzas, but I'm not sure how it is since they changed ownership, and hell yeah there is a BBQ pit in Penrith I'm not sure how new it is though but as stated above if the pulled pork is good then the ribs have to be good!!!!

Edited by Wanderersfan91

On York Road, opposite Jamo fields. Opened maybe 2 weeks ago. Ribs, Hot Dogs- I plan on having a few meals there actually

Before I moved back to St Clair (from Penrith) Panthers Pizza and Kebab was at least a once a week visit (usually very early on a Saturday or Sunday morning on the way home from Panthers/RSL/Wherever). Gotta go the "Colin's Special" 

Guest ZipGunBop

Surprisingly the mega bites on the Great Western near the St Mary's valley fitness was pretty decent for Kebabs, Pides, and pizzas, but I'm not sure how it is since they changed ownership, and hell yeah there is a BBQ pit in Penrith I'm not sure how new it is though but as stated above if the pulled pork is good then the ribs have to be good!!!!

Megabites used to deliver as well.

theres an American style diner near Hyde Park in the city

Any good?

Apparently from the reviews ive read its pretty good but it been closed for renos

fair enough, but with food the proof is always in tasting it is a pity that it is located in the wrong side of town.

On York Road, opposite Jamo fields. Opened maybe 2 weeks ago. Ribs, Hot Dogs- I plan on having a few meals there actually

Before I moved back to St Clair (from Penrith) Panthers Pizza and Kebab was at least a once a week visit (usually very early on a Saturday or Sunday morning on the way home from Panthers/RSL/Wherever). Gotta go the "Colin's Special" 

You have intrigued me sir.

Guest ZipGunBop

Eh, sorry about the double post. Was just trying to say Megabites used to deliver as well. 1am home delivered Kebabs.

used to love panthers pide and pizza not sure if same owner now as they were linked to avantis pizza in mt druitt, also great kebab pizza joint. I still miss the old hungry jacks inside the panthers club that was much more convenient after a night out there.

lol that was it

OK for the record i didnt bring up Ajvar in this thread .. now that it has been brought up .. you have to try it ... AMAZING!

lol that was it

OK for the record i didnt bring up Ajvar in this thread .. now that it has been brought up .. you have to try it ... AMAZING!

is it good on haggis?

lol that was it

is it good on haggis?

Its good on any food you like!

to show you all how assimilated ive become, ive eaten a sausage roll with Ajvar!

lol that was it

is it good on haggis?

Its good on any food you like!

i dont like haggis but i do like pizza, i really should try it i got a chance at the BBQ before the jets game but i dont think i did manage to try it

As a guy who has Scots blood coursing through my veins, who gets misty-eyed when he hears Flower of Scotland, buys every Proclaimers album when released and still thinks they should tour Australia even though he met them at their last gig, thinks the Big Yin Billy Connolly should be made first president of the Hibernian Republic once it throws off the sassenach yoke and has proudly gone commando in a kilt...haggis does not get my sporran excited...nae laddie.

Have to say I love using avjar as a way of adding depth of flavour to soups and casseroles. Now that I can see it has other uses I think I might have to consult the Wanderers Online Balkan Cookery thread :P :P

As a guy who has Scots blood coursing through my veins, who gets misty-eyed when he hears Flower of Scotland, buys every Proclaimers album when released and still thinks they should tour Australia even though he met them at their last gig, thinks the Big Yin Billy Connolly should be made first president of the Hibernian Republic once it throws off the sassenach yoke and has proudly gone commando in a kilt...haggis does not get my sporran excited...nae laddie.

Have to say I love using avjar as a way of adding depth of flavour to soups and casseroles. Now that I can see it has other uses I think I might have to consult the Wanderers Online Balkan Cookery thread :P :P

lol i got plenty of Scottish blood, and the idea of haggis makes my stomach turn :P you sound like a real Scot though :D

lol i got plenty of Scottish blood, and the idea of haggis makes my stomach turn :P you sound like a real Scot though :D

That just gave me a thought...an official WSW tartan!!

Hell, I'd wear a Wanderers Kilt every McFarken game I went to!!!

That just gave me a thought...an official WSW tartan!!

Hell, I'd wear a Wanderers Kilt every McFarken game I went to!!!

lol no one will ever see me in anything like a kilt thank god :P

I am asian and I have no idea about this... Soooo where can I get my hands on some Ajvar???