1 hour ago, EmMac said:

Watching Masterchef and pressure test is a butter chicken with roti.........I want it now!

butter chicken is a bit bland though.....I like a nice hot chicken madras......which reminds me I need a trip back to Wigram street nr Harris Park soon as not been for a while.

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

If you're ever down the South Coast at Bateman's Bay then try Kohlis. Better than any Indian I've had in Sydney but admittedly I haven't tried any of the Harris Park places yet.

Little India (Wigram Street) is well worth a wander up and down....used to go on a Sunday afternoon but have not been for ages. 

23 minutes ago, marron said:

Spoiler alert 

It's still good.

Best Indian i have had in Little India outside of Bradistan (Bradford, Yorkshire). And some awesome vegie options, even i pick a vegie option down there sometimes......well when i say pick a vegie option what i really mean is a vegie side dish to go with the half a lamb i consume.

Did you know the most Indian takeaways and restaurants were actually opened by people from Pakistan. That is in the UK, not sure if the same here.

Edited by Smoggy

Is that true or is that because peoole just called them all Pakis? :lol:

or maybe they just learned the lesson of babu bhatt :lol:

I teach a whole bunch of kids who are Punjabi, some from Pakistan but most India. Then there's all the other indian language groups. I'd be surprised if most indian restaurants werent indian here, but, it's rare you see the regional differences reflected all the same.

BTW I earned some serious cred last time i went to Harris park because I got spotted by a student. :lol:

3 hours ago, marron said:

Is that true or is that because peoole just called them all Pakis? :lol:

or maybe they just learned the lesson of babu bhatt :lol:

I teach a whole bunch of kids who are Punjabi, some from Pakistan but most India. Then there's all the other indian language groups. I'd be surprised if most indian restaurants werent indian here, but, it's rare you see the regional differences reflected all the same.

BTW I earned some serious cred last time i went to Harris park because I got spotted by a student. :lol:

The first time an Indian curry was ever sold in Britain was in 1773 at a restaurant known as the Coffee House in London. Slowly Indian cuisine became well known in London and rest of Britain.  The owners of the various restaurants were not necessarily Indians but people mostly from Pakistan.  When Bangladesh got its independence in 1971, more Bangladeshis began owning Indian restaurants

I would say that the majority if not all Indian restaurants in Middlesbrough were run by people from either Pakistan or Bangladesh.

Edited by Smoggy
6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

The first time an Indian curry was ever sold in Britain was in 1773 at a restaurant known as the Coffee House in London. Slowly Indian cuisine became well known in London and rest of Britain.  The owners of the various restaurants were not necessarily Indians but people mostly from Pakistan.  When Bangladesh got its independence in 1971, more Bangladeshis began owning Indian restaurants

I would say that the majority if not all Indian restaurants in Middlesbrough were run by people from either Pakistan or Bangladesh.

I love hot curries....my internal organs don't....most of the the time they win....lol

Edited by sonar

Great sketch that one

Loved Goodness Gracious me. Top comedy in its day. 

My favourite sketch was the Six Million rupee man. Due to such a lousy exchange rate it turned out his super powers were not that great. If i find it on youtube I'll post it in off topic thread

12 hours ago, Smoggy said:

In celebration of the football made roast beef,, roast potatoes and yorkshire puds for dinner followed by bread and butter pud made earlier this afternoon, spot on :D

Omg smoggy i had there same thought! Though i am saving it for the final should they get through

1 hour ago, EmMac said:

Omg smoggy i had there same thought! Though i am saving it for the final should they get through

I am not waiting. Even in these strange times i believe England are never more than a game away from an almighty **** up.

I really hope you are eating roast dinner later this week though lol

Made homemade chicken nuggets, not too bad for a first effort. Lesson learnt though, don't use cheap shiity breadcrumbs!!! :nono: 

added some grated Parmesan to the crumbs , helped flavour wise 

might try Panko crumbs next time or better quality b/crumbs!!!

oh yeah, enjoy with a glass or 5 of good old goon!!!   :drinks:

2 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Made homemade chicken nuggets, not too bad for a first effort. Lesson learnt though, don't use cheap shiity breadcrumbs!!! :nono: 

Just put some decent quality bread in the freezer for an hour and grate it......

3 hours ago, JackDoff said:

You can always add a few dried spices to the bread crumbs....improves the taste.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tonight for dinner I had-

1 ice fruit pop - tropical flavored

x2 ready made custard sachet things with the nozzle at the top

x2 Jelly cups

1 pot of wicked rice pudding with raspberry coulis  

Squeezed the custard in my mouth whilst spooning in some jelly at the same time. (much to the disgust of the wife and jealousy of the lad)...beingsickissometimesnotallthatbadtastic :)