Me and the lad made a lemon cake thing this afternoon...we both love it sour so we decided to double to lemon juice and zest in the recipe.......but we didn't change the sugar amount......there is a reason you follow the recipe .because...

it is bloody souuuurrrrrr!!!! 

th?id=OIP.kJ__eCzQUvn2jmHeyAo-swHaHY&w=1

The wife doesn't know yet as she has been out....will cut her an extra big slice..

Wendy, you may want to avert your eyes.

I love a good eye fillet steak. Used to have one most weeks at home cooked by my wife. But sometimes couldn't buy what we want and mixed with misunderstood comments by me resulted in having T bone for the past several weeks. Misunderstanding noted and fixed and tonight had eye fillet perfectly cooked somewhere between rare and medium rare, just pure ecstasy, melting in the mouth aaah .......... add the unfinished red wine, pure ecstasy.

Sorry, now is not the time for more comments - back to the wine.

17 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Wendy, you may want to avert your eyes.

I love a good eye fillet steak. Used to have one most weeks at home cooked by my wife. But sometimes couldn't buy what we want and mixed with misunderstood comments by me resulted in having T bone for the past several weeks. Misunderstanding noted and fixed and tonight had eye fillet perfectly cooked somewhere between rare and medium rare, just pure ecstasy, melting in the mouth aaah .......... add the unfinished red wine, pure ecstasy.

Sorry, now is not the time for more comments - back to the wine.

I agree. nothing beats a good eye fillet steak.

Fillet is safe, the German national team. Always in contention and, yeah, it performs as advertised, but meh.

Grain-fed sirloin is Brazil. Always exciting even when not at its best. You can't take your eyes off it for a second or it will steal your wallet and your girlfriend.

@thefairy - best served on the rare side of M-R, with the layer of fat smashed by high heat. God damn, I've just foodgasmed.

@mack - unfair comparison as pork is the king of meats

5 hours ago, TehSmileyBandit said:

Fillet is safe, the German national team. Always in contention and, yeah, it performs as advertised, but meh.

Grain-fed sirloin is Brazil. Always exciting even when not at its best. You can't take your eyes off it for a second or it will steal your wallet and your girlfriend.

@thefairy - best served on the rare side of M-R, with the layer of fat smashed by high heat. God damn, I've just foodgasmed.

@mack - unfair comparison as pork is the king of meats

Your meat game is off. Lamb is the king of meats.

As long there is enough fat in the meat and not burnt to a crisp, it will taste like heaven.

anyways. when we going yum cha?

Can someone PM me when it's safe to look on this thread again?

PS Yum Cha is disgusting....from my experience - sorry.

All those chickens' feet being trotted around in pots.

Distressing to see them....and to see people gnawing on them.  :bad::bad:

Isn't it better than knowing they've just been chucked in the bin and the chicken lost its little feet for nothing? 

Anyways you should get yourself to a vego yum cha Wendy there's a few about these days.

1 minute ago, marron said:

Isn't it better than knowing they've just been chucked in the bin and the chicken lost its little feet for nothing? 

Anyways you should get yourself to a vego yum cha Wendy there's a few about these days.

that sounds like the most disgusting thing ever.

@Wendybr imagine how many chickens were killed to be into those pots. Let me help you.

3 to 4 feet per pot. I usually have 3 of those pots. It means whenever I go to yumcha 6 chickens lost their feet to be inside my belly. YUM!

2 hours ago, thefairy said:

that sounds like the most disgusting thing ever.

@Wendybr imagine how many chickens were killed to be into those pots. Let me help you.

3 to 4 feet per pot. I usually have 3 of those pots. It means whenever I go to yumcha 6 chickens lost their feet to be inside my belly. YUM!

:(  :(