Yianni Perkatis

mack

Ridiculous he hasn't been given a go this season. I'd have him on the bench over trifiro.

Last year, la Rocca got suspended, Mateo needed a few games off, trifero was injured too and they needed someone to partner mooy in the midfield.

Was surprised that fofanna was given a run mid year and was on the bench for the Melbourne match too instead of perkatis, but who knows how popa thinks?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The triallist #16 (from Apia) is a taller version of Yianni.

He played CB, pairing with NTS in the 2nd half against the Rams.

Did this lad get any game time?

If so, how did he go?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

doesn't look like popa is a real mentor or developer of youth talent. Keeps them for 1-2 years and off they go.  Its a shame if you goes and doesn't say much about popa. if I thought baccus has made a huge impact fair enough, but why would you keep the kid for another year and see what happens. is popa under the pump and looking for excuses. He cant be worse then cole, bridge haliti

doesn't look like Popa is a real mentor or developer of youth talent. Keeps them for 1-2 years and off they go. Its a shame if you goes and doesn't say much about Popa. if I thought baccus has made a huge impact fair enough, but why would you keep the kid for another year and see what happens. is Popa under the pump and looking for excuses. He cant be worse then cole, bridge haliti

We will never know.

Edited by West13

doesn't look like Popa is a real mentor or developer of youth talent. Keeps them for 1-2 years and off they go.  Its a shame if you goes and doesn't say much about Popa. if I thought baccus has made a huge impact fair enough, but why would you keep the kid for another year and see what happens. is Popa under the pump and looking for excuses. He cant be worse then cole, bridge haliti

Yep, that a reasonable assessment after 2 seasons. You've definitely got enough data to draw insightful conclusions regarding Popa's youth policy.

doesn't look like Popa is a real mentor or developer of youth talent. Keeps them for 1-2 years and off they go.  Its a shame if you goes and doesn't say much about Popa. if I thought baccus has made a huge impact fair enough, but why would you keep the kid for another year and see what happens. is Popa under the pump and looking for excuses. He cant be worse then cole, bridge haliti

Yep, that a reasonable assessment after 2 seasons. You've definitely got enough data to draw insightful conclusions regarding Popa's youth policy.

I disagree. I reckon we need a bit more time to gather more data.

• 3 weeks later...

happy to see this boy now playing especially based on some of his nyl performances. agree nothing fancy but a role I am sure he plays as per popa requirements. I believe that he would luv to remain at wsw but I haven't heard any talk that he will be moving on until may.

• 2 months later...

happy21st for yesterday. should have been rewarded with a call up for yeaterday's game ,can  be any worse then  the current mids. Your range of passing best in team.

Reasonable call, longball. ILR and Mateo's distribution have both been questionable for a while. It's why I like Yojiro dropping in to partner one or the other, but Yianni would be another good option.

• 2 months later...

i wouldnt say he wasn't good enough, more like popa cant nuture talent. i looked at his background, played for nswis, Ais, australia u17 wc, anf young roos. our captain and nyl player of the year, born and bred in the west and we cant  keep on, no worse then any players that played in the DM role this year. there is something wrong with this and popa is to blame .

i wouldnt say he wasn't good enough, more like Popa cant nuture talent. i looked at his background, played for nswis, Ais, australia u17 wc, anf young roos. our captain and nyl player of the year, born and bred in the west and we cant  keep on, no worse then any players that played in the DM role this year. there is something wrong with this and Popa is to blame .

Lol.

Sorry, the "let's attack and blame Popa thread", is over here <http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/6070-unpopular-opinions-2/page-24>