Yianni Perkatis

mack

3 seasons with the club and struggled to get a start in the main squad, he may have killed it in the younger/lower leagues but perhaps the A-league is too good for Yianni. The A-league has come a fair way since our inception in form of quality etc.

thanks to Yianni for his service to the club and all the best to him in his playing future,  he was given time but just wasn't able to produce what was required, that's football.

For all we know he asked to play NPL to get more game time to impress and develop a future move to another a league club.

If anything, the thing he needs most is regular game to develop into a better player which he wasn't getting this season. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes so it could be to develop his talent or could be that he was cut off. Too hard to tell unless you ask the man himself.

For all we know he asked to play NPL to get more game time to impress and develop a future move to another a league club.

So therefore if he impresses and regains some confidence we should still be able to have him if he comes back to the A-league.

we need a proper loan system between the A-League and NPL clubs, 

Everybody wins, the player, the A-league club, the NPL club that gets a known player and maybe a few extra people through the gates to see them play...

Whoopi do, Yianni has been released from the final 2+ weeks of his contract.

He didn't appear confident of gaining another contract at WSW, when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. Hope he stays positive & gets himself a gig elsewhere in the ALeague.

Seems like he was release so he could join Blacktown. Good luck to him, showed a lot of promise hopefully getting more game time will get him back in the a league

He didn't appear confident of gaining another contract at WSW, when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago. Hope he stays positive & gets himself a gig elsewhere in the ALeague.

2 weeks? I thought he had another year for some reason. In that case, this is no big deal at all. He knew he wasn't getting renewed, and the announcement means he can start playing for his new club just a little bit earlier and keep trying to impress.

Got this from his twitter

To those who don't know. I have not been offered a new contract by Western Sydney Wanderers. I was very saddened to hear the news, but I guess that's the way football goes. I am heading back into the State League for Blacktown City FC for the season where I will work hard and hopefully open new doors. Thank you Blacktown City FC for the opportunity and having me back. I'm excited for the season. I would like to say an endless thank you to all the supporters, staff, friends and family (at the end of the day you guys are all family to me) for their support throughout my 3 years at the club. Honestly it meant more than you guys may think! I loved every minute at the club and when I got to play it was always the most special moments in my life. The chanting, the atmosphere and the passion the fans provide is incredible and it always helped me out on the pitch and I will always be grateful for this. I have made some great friends along the way too, who were there experiencing the highs and lows with me. You guys will be longtime friends. So thank you. So once again thank you so much for your support over the years, I am grateful and blessed to have been able to play for one of the biggest A-League clubs with the best fans! But unfortunately it wasn't as long as I wanted it to last but I hope I can be back playing for the Red and Black again soon! Thank you everyone!

Surprised Mariners haven't spoken to him yet if he now plays for Blacktown City...

I don't think we ever saw Yianni return to the form we saw in the lost few games of Season One when he was more than serviceable against (from memory) the smurfs and Jets. He had one game this season where I thought he was okay (that home game against City midweek), but I'll be stuffed if I can recall many other times he even got on the pitch. He lacks the distributive skill of say Mooy, and the hunger of Poljak to hunt for the ball, but he is after all only a kid with quite a bit of maturing to go through. Here's hoping his NSL time improves both his skills and his physical capabilities so that perhaps in a couple of years he might be targeted for a return.

• 2 months later...

From all reports he has been excellent for Blacktown City so it's no surprise that he is going for a trial. I know we were all going to be hard on whoever was the first one to go from West to East but he is such a nice well grounded guy that I can only wish him all the best.

I seen him play for blacktown against apia the other week. He was solid but didn't really stand out, like I hoped he would. Mitch Malia was probably the stand out. Only one game though so probably not much to go off.
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

He's left Sydney United and has joined South Coast Flame FC alongside Michael Trajkovski which are in the NSW NPL League Two: https://footballnsw.com.au/2024/02/13/2024-league-two-mens-season-preview/

South Coast Flame FC will hope for a more consistent season after a promising start to the previous campaign ended with a finish outside the top ten.

They have recruited well, with midfielder Yianni Perkatis and defender Yianni Fragogiannis coming in from Sydney United, as well as former Canterbury-Bankstown striker Michael Trajkovski, who they will hope will fill the gap left by their top scorer from last season, Adam Voloder.

With new head coach Andrew Payne at the helm, the goal for the Flame will be fighting for promotion among the top three or four sides in the competition, which they will hope to achieve with open, possession-based football, with players who have the technical ability to sustain pressure in matches.

After a good pre-season, the Flame will look to break their season down and set targets throughout to ensure the standards they hope to set from the beginning do not slip.

Their success will depend on fitness and how well they can adapt to a new playing style under a new coach; expect the Flame to look to start strong and carry that through the season.

12 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

He's left Sydney United and has joined South Coast Flame FC alongside Michael Trajkovski which are in the NSW NPL League Two: https://footballnsw.com.au/2024/02/13/2024-league-two-mens-season-preview/

South Coast Flame FC will hope for a more consistent season after a promising start to the previous campaign ended with a finish outside the top ten.

They have recruited well, with midfielder Yianni Perkatis and defender Yianni Fragogiannis coming in from Sydney United, as well as former Canterbury-Bankstown striker Michael Trajkovski, who they will hope will fill the gap left by their top scorer from last season, Adam Voloder.

With new head coach Andrew Payne at the helm, the goal for the Flame will be fighting for promotion among the top three or four sides in the competition, which they will hope to achieve with open, possession-based football, with players who have the technical ability to sustain pressure in matches.

After a good pre-season, the Flame will look to break their season down and set targets throughout to ensure the standards they hope to set from the beginning do not slip.

Their success will depend on fitness and how well they can adapt to a new playing style under a new coach; expect the Flame to look to start strong and carry that through the season.

That's great! South Coast Flame's home ground at Sir Ian McLennan Oval, Kembla Grange is quite nice too. Can see trains (freight trains!) from the venue too!  :meep:

3 hours ago, 102megan said:

That's great! South Coast Flame's home ground at Sir Ian McLennan Oval, Kembla Grange is quite nice too. Can see trains (freight trains!) from the venue too!  :meep:

During my daughter's rep career at junior and senior level she played at 5 different grounds in the Wollongong area. This one was easily the best.