ALCOHOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely day for a Guinness.

I'm not sure if it's just me but I think the Guinness cans have really improved over the years. I remember them being garbage a few years ago but now they're not too far off the product on tap.

Bottle still better than can mind...could just smash a few Guinness...lovely stuff...even turns your shyte black.

I'll have to respectfully disagree, I definitely prefer the can version.

If I ever make enough money I'm going to make a small bar in my house and have a Guinness tap installed and import the good **** straight from Dublin. That is the dream..

The Irish deff keep the best for themselves, this I can confirm as  I have tested in and around Dublin and other areas of Ireland.

The tour of the old brewery in Dublin is great, the tour finishes with a pint of Guinness in a glass viewing area over looking the city and the Wicklow mountains in the distance, great stuff.....

Edited by WSWBoro

Sake - any good?

I'm not sure if it's just me but I think the Guinness cans have really improved over the years. I remember them being garbage a few years ago but now they're not too far off the product on tap.

agree. way better out of the can than the bottle.

Yeah, but you can't smash a can, ask Unlimited.

Sake - any good?

agree. way better out of the can than the bottle.

Yeah, but you can't smash a can, ask Unlimited.

giphy.gif

Sake - any good?

Nope. Think of the taste as a weak vodka with a strange pungent taste. I've had the supposedly good stuff as well, a friend brought me a small cask from Japan.

Try "Soju", which is a Korean liquor that comes in fruit flavours.

Bought a 6 pack of NZ Pure Lager to try tonight......wish I hadn't.......

bland , but 4.7% so good enough to get me where I want to go!

I thought bland fizzy lager was how it is liked here ;-)

If only it was fizzy

Had this the other day

Legends-6pack-009.jpg?fit=540%2C480&ssl=

Hardly the best Coopers beer, but very drinkable if you want something lighter than their usual efforts and would be a very decent lager on a stinking hot day.

Rather stick to my Sparkling Ales and Paleys

Can confirm the merits on a stinking hot day. Big fan of this one. Decent price. Very easy to drink.

• 3 weeks later...

I worked in a bottleo in Canley Vale about 10 years ago. The clientele was 99% Vietnamese. The only two things they bought, VB twist tops and Cognac.

We once did a special on twist tops for $20/case with a 10 case limit and sold 5 or 6 PALLETS worth in a day. A pallet had 60-70 cases on it.

I love cognac but it is too expensive here! 

In the old country they have local "vinjak" (its the same as cognac but because it's not from the cognac region of France it has to be called something different) which costs about 8 bucks a bottle. 

Always make an impression on people when they find out that I love it. They assume because I live in the west that I only drink the finest whiskey! **** that, give me dank ass Balkan liquor any day over a scotch or rum

22 hours ago, Carns said:

I worked in a bottleo in Canley Vale about 10 years ago. The clientele was 99% Vietnamese. The only two things they bought, VB twist tops and Cognac.

The Vietnamese love it. I know all the bottleos in Canley Vale/Lansvale/that area still heavily advertise cognac. 

23 hours ago, JackDoff said:

Well!  La di fuucking da!!!  Cognac!!!   Straight outta the bottle dude!!!       :P 

It's the first time in 8 years that I've treated myself to a bottle. I deserve it!

• 4 weeks later...

Been enjoying some great booze whilst on holiday. Been drinking pints of Coopers' Pale and plenty of McLaren Vale wines, and did a tour of the West End Brewery (next time you drink Guinness on tap or in a bottle you will probably be drinking stout made with Adelaide water :xnod:). I grabbed a bottle of Kangaroo Island Gin which is very nice indeed, and have a few slabs in the boot t come home with. And today stopped in at the Mildura Brewery...had a decent wheat beer and a really decent burger to keep the alcohol company