ALCOHOL!

8 minutes ago, marron said:

Went to a pub the other day that did NOT HAVE A DARK BEER.

its all of your fault except boro and maybe Manfred.

I've been a partisan of dark beers since my first Toohey's Hunter Old in June 1984. Throw in all manner of stouts, Hofbrau Dunkels and even a few Kent Olds, well you can't pin that rap on me :ninja:

Been smashing the Abbotsford Invalid Stout (I'll try to post a picture later..... actually, I probably won't. **** it) lately, get it delivered from old mate Dan's. Solid winter drop. Meat and potatoes etc etc know you're drinking it.

So I'm taking myself off the hook. Not having a single dark beer on tap is ******* pathetic. My local didn't even have Guiness BOTTLES last St Patrick's Day. What. The. ****.

Feels like dark heavy beer weather what with this cold wind. This was my local beer in the UK, from Masham in North Yorkshire, 100% guaranteed to turn you in to a grumbling old bastard before your time, there is the elixir of youth, this stuff is the reverse of that, it is a good drop though that was in Dan Murphys for a good while, might still be around.

beer-50.jpg

Edited by WSWBoro
9 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Some ******* great names for beer out there lol The Brits seem to be the best at come up with random beer names...

afed8ae7b93baf585ed13d973ed98f94.jpg

beer-dogs-bollocks.jpg

bah-humbug-label-90s1.jpg?fit=336,301

bristole_3266665b.jpg

The Wychwood brewey stuff it quite a good drink...

I've a few on my bar I've collected...I've Sheep shagger, Brewers droop, old fart and holy ail (monty Python bottle)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

there are a couple of websites which people can review alcohol, the whiskey exchange loves bundy rum but rum ratings hates it, you cant hate it, tastes more smooth than the rest imo

You can definitely hate it. Personally, I drank so much of it when I was young that I can't stand the stuff nowadays.

If you like rum I would recommend Sailor Jerry.

Just now, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

thank you i might give it a try if i can but you think a Captain would be better than a Sailor

Horses for courses. You'll eventually find your preferred poison and stick with it. Mind you, sampling all the options to find your favourite is part of the fun!