La Banda

Just letting everybody know. After the game, try and stick around and listen for the drums. We'll be performing our street jam once again! You don't want to miss this one! It's our last jam for the season!! :D

I'll be there. And I'll be waving my flag like crazy. And I'll be happy. Win or lose... YES TO LA BANDA. :D

I'm not even joking when I say La Banda is in the top 3 reasons I wake up in the morning... That may sound like I'm being sarcstic but its not... You guys are amazing, and should be more appreciated.  :xbop:  :xbop:  :xbop:

Just letting everybody know. After the game, try and stick around and listen for the drums. We'll be performing our street jam once again! You don't want to miss this one! It's our last jam for the season!! :D

Can't wait. You guys are awesome

Awesome - dont start without me :P

I drove past the woolpack about 10min ago and I think I saw a few cars outside unloading drums. Could be wrong. I was driving slow as u do to have a look and nearly ran into the car in front

La Banda all set, drums and trumpets locked safely away in the bowels of the SFS behind a Terry mcflynn poster. :lol:

Big Thanks to Shaun for getting it to happen.

I was thrilled despite myself to see a fair few of the boys plus popa and gorman leaving a training session. All looked in good spirits, popa was grinning!

Love this pic from mel mclaughlins twitter:

BIWLw_kCQAATNm2.jpg

Skin's mega not pictured because it wouldn't fit into the frame. 

Edited by JamCal

Yeah same, I couldn't tell if it is not that loud or the crowd was just that much louder? I could hear the whistles though, they're at the exact right pitch to break through the noise- people just didn't realise that was the new sound to stop, rather than the siren sound.

Love this pic from mel mclaughlins twitter:

BIWLw_kCQAATNm2.jpg

I suspect la banda won't be invited back to the SFS unfortunately....

Mel tweeted our/my drum! <3

:lol:

i know it's huge but tbh i can't hear a single thing that comes out of it :lol:

Yeah same, I couldn't tell if it is not that loud or the crowd was just that much louder? I could hear the whistles though, they're at the exact right pitch to break through the noise- people just didn't realise that was the new sound to stop, rather than the siren sound.

From what I know about audio skins mega was f***ed lol, feedback and distortion to the days. Digz using my smaller one was clearer lol

Recorded from my brother's phone during the Dale...

LOL spotted Leo and his brother going nuts on there! 

Just wanted to jump in here and say a big thanks to those in La Banda, the passion and commitment you guys have for creating the heartbeat of the RBB is something special and I look forward to jumping around again next year to the beat of the drums.

Thanks for all the support fellas. We've had one magical season! Although the season is over, La Banda will still be working hard in the off season to come back better than this season! 

p.s. we still want more trumpets/trombone. if you know anybody who plays, is a Wanderers supporter and is really keen to join us. PM me! :)

Hi La Banda, i'm a new supporter to the WS Wanderers (a bandwagon jumper really!). I'm a long time Rugby League supporter and my first match attended was the GF vrs the Mariners.

I love the atmosphere and i also love the RBB and what you guys are doing for Aussie football. I've been to a few football games in Argentina (Boca and San Lorenzo matches) and the RBB atmosphere and chanting is on par!

I've always wanted to do something similar to the RBB for my favourite league team the C.Bankstown Bulldogs but the league wasn't too keen on drums etc at games. Believe it or not, it's the RBB and the experience pre game and at the game that has me hyped about the A League.

my question to La Banda is; How do i join up? do i need to be a regular WSW supporter before i can join? or can i be a newbie and join up as long as i cheer and do my thing for 90 minutes? I don't live in Sydney and live some 6 hours from sydney ATM. I pretty much live out bush so i would be able to make it to maybe only 4 to 6 games a year.

Being a season membership is a must. not a criteria, but a needed step to secure your seat to some of the important games. A lot of people missed out because this year only 7k memberships are allocated.

That is all I can answer.

Recorded from my brother's phone during the Dale...

LOL spotted Leo and his brother going nuts on there!

Just wanted to jump in here and say a big thanks to those in La Banda, the passion and commitment you guys have for creating the heartbeat of the RBB is something special and I look forward to jumping around again next year to the beat of the drums.

Check out the guy in the grey singlet yawning right at the end. King Flog.

Hi La Banda, i'm a new supporter to the WS Wanderers (a bandwagon jumper really!). I'm a long time Rugby League supporter and my first match attended was the GF vrs the Mariners.

I love the atmosphere and i also love the RBB and what you guys are doing for Aussie football. I've been to a few football games in Argentina (Boca and San Lorenzo matches) and the RBB atmosphere and chanting is on par!

I've always wanted to do something similar to the RBB for my favourite league team the C.Bankstown Bulldogs but the league wasn't too keen on drums etc at games. Believe it or not, it's the RBB and the experience pre game and at the game that has me hyped about the A League.

my question to La Banda is; How do i join up? do i need to be a regular WSW supporter before i can join? or can i be a newbie and join up as long as i cheer and do my thing for 90 minutes? I don't live in Sydney and live some 6 hours from sydney ATM. I pretty much live out bush so i would be able to make it to maybe only 4 to 6 games a year.

Hey PieceBombs,

Well I've been involved with the RBB group since preseason just by chanting and knowing a few of the guys, the drumming came later in the season. You definitely have to dedicated to your instrument and come to every game. We can't just pick people who are not fans of the club, we're all massive fans and we all jam for the love of it. Away games not so much but if the opportunity came like Gosford, Newcastle & Sydney away then yes (if the stadium lets us bring all our instruments). So it'll be much easier for you to have membership for the season that way you don't have to worry about buying tickets to home games every week.

A good example if you want to join us, cuidadmarron PM'd me a couple of weeks ago that he played trumpet and was keen to jam with us. I told him to come up to us one day and introduce himself. When he did, we just happened to have a spare trumpet with us so we gave it to him to play and he jammed with us right then and there. The video of La Banda at the 3rd Sydney Derby shows the moment when he joined us. Having 3 trumpeters that night made a big difference and it was awesome!

We rehearse every week at a secret location, so if you want to join us just PM me for more info. But reading that you live far away and that you can only make it to a couple of games. If you play trumpet/trombone and you're coming to a game and you're keen to jam with us. PM me and I'll sort you out.

So it's good to be living local, extremely keen to join us and be dedicated fans like all of us. You're more than welcome to join us! Oh and you gotta have that party vibe running through your veins as well. We love having a fiesta! :D

I couldn't be sure, Shakey et al. But I'm pretty sure the guy is just asking if he can be a part of the RBB, but thinks that La Banda = RBB.

Because he says "can I be a noobie as long as I chant and do my thing for 90 minutes" ... The chanting part implies he just wants to join RBB?

Either that or he's a drummer- actually he might be a drummer...

If he wants to know if he can join the RBB though, they answer is Yes! Yes! Yes!. All you need are vocal chords and a will to put 90 minutes in.... :)

I couldn't be sure, Shakey et al. But I'm pretty sure the guy is just asking if he can be a part of the RBB, but thinks that La Banda = RBB.

Because he says "can I be a noobie as long as I chant and do my thing for 90 minutes" ... The chanting part implies he just wants to join RBB?

Either that or he's a drummer- actually he might be a drummer...

If he wants to know if he can join the RBB though, they answer is Yes! Yes! Yes!. All you need are vocal chords and a will to put 90 minutes in.... :)

Oh yeah for sure you gotta be involved with the RBB. 100% feeling the passion in the terrace. 100% singing and jumping with us all and respecting our CAPO. That makes you RBB. If you're a regular Wanderers fans then you're a regular fan. People have to understand the difference between a regular WSW fan and a RBB active supporter. Too many times I've seen people disrespect us in the terrace. Who don't listen to the core to sing or our CAPO and throwing beers. That makes you a flog.

As for drummers, we're pretty set for now. We just need more trumpeters to be honest. Need to get that balance in sound right!