The Simpsons quotes

Jackie: I was just happy to talk to someone on the phone.

Abe: Aw, feeling blue, eh? I got something that'll cheer you up.

[puts forks in two potatoes and makes them dance]

Jackie: [wheezes laughter]

Lawyer: [approaching] Sir, I represent the estate of Charles Chaplin. I have a court order demanding an immediate halt to this unauthorised imitation. Boys?

[two large men grab the potatoes and forks and stomp on them]

Edited by MarcelFC

Maybe my all time favourite.

[Homer and Bart are chasing the rolling rotisserie pig. It rolls through some bushes]

Homer: It's just a little dirty! It's still good, it's still good!

[the cart falls off the edge of a drainage culvert, and the pig floats down the stream]

Homer: It's just a little slimy! It's still good, it's still good!

[the pig reaches a dam at the end of the stream and plugs the drain hole. The water pressure builds up behind it, until it launches out of the hole into the air]

Homer: It's just a little airborne! It's still good, it's still good!

Bart: It's gone.

Homer: I know.

haha I love the scene right after with Mr Burns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlYM_jtqAWM

actually, this HAS to be my favourite EVER Simpsons scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMjnkLbxFKU

I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking "what the **** is going on" ... then I hear the last part and proceed to cry of laughter for like an hour. BEST.

(such a poor quality video though :()

When did it go downhill people?

And how much does your age determine your opinion on that?

Not a quote.

My answer could be though:

When I was seventeen.....

Many critics say when Maude died and it kinda ruined the canon of the show.

I say when they started basing episodes on politics and the government.

Your name isn't Brian McGee is it?

Edited by MarcelFC

I stayed up listening to Queen.... :lol:

Monty i probably lost interest a bit before then although i do remember maud dying. I just sort of wonder if it was just because of the age I was and so on. The quotes in here I note are largely from when I used to watch and the episodes I enjoyed most, and if i switch on an episode I enjoy those ones still to this day much more than later ones.... but is that just because i was really into those at the time.

The show also became less character based. Somewhere along the line they lost the touch of revealing something funny about a character and just going to town on them,.

Season 10 - Ep 19. Mom and Pop Art. I declare that the last great Simpsons episode.

The only good episode after (that I've bothered watching) is the Major League Baseball episode where Bart gets hopped up on Ritalin.

The point I stopped watching however, was the "Gay for Moleman" bit in Season 16. That was when Zombie simpsons started, and I gave up. Gone was the witty banter, and intelligent writing of the likes of Season 4-8, replaced with guest star after guest start and boring, vapid 'comedy'. Especially at a time when Futurama had just been cancelled but was still popular, American Dad was getting started (shutup JAR), South Park was about to return to form with the Scientology & the end of Chef episodes, it was a pale imitation of the golden years.

i think it just stopped being good when they created ridiculous storylines that have no basis in reality(i know its a cartoon and obviously apart from the treehouse of horror episodes) for me the first 2 seasons have some extremely cringeworthy episodes but season 3 till about season 10 ish is class imo

pretty much any sideshow bob episode for me is good, or the episode where homer runs for garbage commissioner

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

Season 10 - Ep 19. Mom and Pop Art. I declare that the last great Simpsons episode.

Wow. I never saw that one.... Kind of glad after just reading the description.

It was one of the first episodes that had a very silly premise but I loved that Hank Scorpio one. I think because the characters were still so intact.

Teacher: do you know multiplication or long division?

Bart: I know OF them.

Wow. I never saw that one.... Kind of glad after just reading the description.

It was one of the first episodes that had a very silly premise but I loved that Hank Scorpio one. I think because the characters were still so intact.

Teacher: do you know multiplication or long division?

Bart: I know OF them.

that is one of my favourite episodes

Mental note, steal his idea...

I'm just waiting for my kid...

Okay, 100 yellow.

Lisa: I'd like 25 copies on Goldenrod.

Clerk: Right.

Lisa: 25 on Canary.

Clerk: Mmhmm.

Lisa: 25 on Saffron.

Clerk: All right.

Lisa: And 25 on Paella.

"The year was 1968. We were on recon in a steaming Mekong delta. An overheated private removed his flak jacket, revealing a T-shirt with an iron-on sporting the Mad slogan "Up With Mini-Skirts". Well, we all had a good laugh, even though I didn't quite understand it. But our momentary lapse of concentration allowed Charlie to get the drop on us. I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin stew of fish, vegetables, prawns, coconut milk, and four kinds of rice. I came close to madness trying to find it here in the States, but they just can't get the spices right..."