Wanderers from Blacktown

mmm, might have to do an inspection pre hand, i believe the main workers club one has a huge projector, but then knowing our rowdy crowd of blacktown, we deff need an area with an outdoor setting for the smokers and those who like to cheer. Last season was hell being told to shut up and stop chanting at various pubs from around here.

KPT :diablo:

Not sure how the cheering is going to go down at the Workers! Just have to wait n see I guess

celebrating a goal shouldn't be a problem, but chanting in general probably won't be allowed 

that's the problem we constantly have. Supporting the wsw, our fans have the active belly ache so every now and then they may break out to chanting singing etc, as football fans do. Venues that expect us to just sit down watch a match and not allow us to support our team the wsw way, shouldn't really sign on board to become official sponsors of our team and show our matches with restrictions.

Anyway as usual i say we give it a try, i have never in the past or in the future will tell a fellow fan at request from a venue to stop chanting, or lower their voice, so if it does happen then its back to the drawing board to find another local venue.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/west/town-rangers-soccer-club-holds-fundraiser-after-theives-take-10000-worth-of-property/story-fngr8i5s-1227078723356

And this is why sometimes you can't have nice things. :smurfnono:

Town Rangers Soccer Club holds fundraiser after theives take $10,000 worth of property

The Town Rangers Soccer Club ladies team has banded together to raise money after its canteen and newly renovated clubhouse were broken into last week.

About $10,000 worth of specially designed apparel, trophies, engraved mugs, team photographs and a hired coffee machine were carried away in the club’s Nike sports bags at about 7.30am on Friday.

A grounds attendant was spraying the garden when he saw some young kids carrying black sports bags.

Club treasurer Anne Martin was the first to arrive after a call from the Mt Druitt Town Rangers president alerted her to the incident.

“I saw all of our stuff thrown all over the place, the kids’ bags all over the place. They left the water on,†Mrs Martin said.

“They emptied the bags because that was what they used (to carry the stolen goods).

“They walked all over our uniforms. I just got upset. I started crying because we worked so hard.â€

The Town Rangers all ages ladies team immediately organised a fundraiser car wash and barbecue for this weekend.

Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

CAR WASH AND BARBECUE FUNDRAISER DETAILS:

When: 10am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday.

Where: Popondetta Park, Emerton

Cost: $15 per car washed

Details: Barbecue (including sausages, eggs, bacon and steak), raffles (including prizes such as car speakers, tyre vouchers and car servicing), jumping castle, face painting and other activities.

school holidays in blacktown, don'get me started, 

the little shite kids run riot on the trains.

I don't know if a live site for the 2nd leg of the champions league final is going to happen,

is there anywhere in blacktown area that people would go to at about 2am in the morning to watch the game?

would anything be available?

FYI - there's THREE Wanderers Youth League matches out in Blacktown this coming season:

Sun 02 Nov 2014, 02:30PM - Blacktown Institute Sportspark
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS YOUTH v ADELAIDE UNITED YOUTH

Sat 08 Nov 2014, 03:30PM - Blacktown Institute Sportspark
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS YOUTH v MELBOURNE VICTORY YOUTH

Mon 24 Nov 2014, 04:00PM - Blacktown Institute Sportspark
WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS YOUTH v CENTRAL COAST MARINERS YOUTH

I don't know if a live site for the 2nd leg of the champions league final is going to happen,

is there anywhere in blacktown area that people would go to at about 2am in the morning to watch the game?

maybe the Workers club might show it, don't know if they open at this time, if not most deff Marconi will broadcast it, but need a vehicle to get there.

maybe the Workers club might show it, don't know if they open at this time, if not most deff Marconi will broadcast it, but need a vehicle to get there.

IN  

IN  

yer in, and if we well it will  be a all nighter onwards :xnod:

I'm in for the Workers club,

At the Blacktown Sports Workers Club (the one next to Laybutt Reserve, the Travelodge hotel and Mcdonalds)

I've seen the sign out the front saying that their open to 6am.

their website says 4am

http://www.workersclub.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=241

what is the exact time of the 2nd leg game starting?

i think its about 2.30 am, but if it goes to extra time, or even with half time break plus presentation of trophy extra it will exceed. The club should show it being an official sponsor might have to ask them be good for ppl in our area to have somewhere local to gather especially being a final and if u don't got foxtel.

i think its about 2.30 am, but if it goes to extra time, or even with half time break plus presentation of trophy extra it will exceed. The club should show it being an official sponsor might have to ask them be good for ppl in our area to have somewhere local to gather especially being a final and if u don't got foxtel.

I have foxtel, but I want to watch the game with other fans and hopefully experience a memory that'll never forget.

Hopefully the trading hours will be exceeded but I think that trading hours are fairly strict due to government bureaucracy

Man I've got perfectly good foxtel but refuse to watch us play at home.

PERIOD.

Done it a few times, got smashed 3-1 every time.

yer I'm superstitious.

Can't watch a champions final at home anyway, atmosphere must match occasion.

If we win well ....... I'll have some no doze, a pre-RBBworkout shake and be poppin espresso's all day long.

Honestly I'm thinking Marconi, maybe Parra.

edit: put it this way, I had a law exam the morning after Sydney won the Olympics, so i didn't go out that night.

Still regret it lolz.

Edited by WhoDoWeSingFor

yer regardless i love marconi but need to find out for the locals a venue so all can gather. I'M on the marconi bandwagon, however for next friday i might ponder about watching melb away at Workers club. Its both workers clubs that show the match i've heard, the hard part will be to determine which one will suit our fans and to get people to attend in preference, or maybe just promote both of them and let ppl decide.

yer regardless i love marconi but need to find out for the locals a venue so all can gather. I'M on the marconi bandwagon, however for next friday i might ponder about watching melb away at Workers club. Its both workers clubs that show the match i've heard, the hard part will be to determine which one will suit our fans and to get people to attend in preference, or maybe just promote both of them and let ppl decide.

Workers club crawl at half time  :xnod:

I've never been to Marconi before (I've been to the stadium for refereeing but not inside the club).

How big is it?  is the main workers club a similar size?

never been to the workers so can't tell ya, only way to give you dimensions is for us to take you there grand final night!

I've never been to Marconi before (I've been to the stadium for refereeing but not inside the club).

never been to the workers so can't tell ya, only way to give you dimensions is for us to take you there grand final night!

Any other clubs that are similar or comparable?

Any other clubs that are similar or comparable?

not huge but has different levels, i suppose area wise interior its like rooty hill rsl, but the viewing section is much larger to watch matches, on a normal wanderers match you would have most the indoor tvs showing the matches, plus the outdoor ones where the smokers n moshers/chanters tend to go. Huge matches ala Grand Final last year, upstairs both rooms plus all downstairs/outside show the game.

You want atmosphere Marconi is the place to be. Whether Blacktown will allow us to replicate the same atmosphere only time will tell

Bigger than Saints leagues if that helps.

Kogarah I mean

I know the Taj Mahal, I've been there enough times with my father to make me convince that he loves the St George Dragons more than me.

It's a great place, there's a lot of history on the walls, in terms of framed signed jerseys and photos, 

Does Marconi have anything similar?

I've got a feeling that the Workers club won't tolerate loud chanting etc. mainly cos it won't be just WSW fans watching the games. Cheering a goal etc will be cool , but singing, chanting etc I reckon will be a no no. I could be wrong , might have to ask.

Bigger than Saints leagues if that helps.

Kogarah I mean

I know the Taj Mahal, I've been there enough times with my father to make me convince that he loves the St George Dragons more than me.

It's a great place, there's a lot of history on the walls, in terms of framed signed jerseys and photos, 

Does Marconi have anything similar?

Saints Leagues is terrible these days (aside from those jerseys and things from the old days).

Pretty much a poker den now for money laundering and with the auditorium still closed after how many years it doesn't

look like recapturing any of the Taj of old.

Marconi is more a social club like Tranquilo says.

How to put it ......... its a football place, with football people and football garlic pizzas yeah baby (insert austin powers).

Your spot on, St George Leagues club is a joke and is mostly poker machines, 

Very similar to Parra Leagues as well.

However, that's seems to be the problem with the majority of clubs in NSW. 

Sure some of that money goes back into local sporting clubs,

but really, the majority of pubs and clubs exploit gambling.

HARD

Parra Leagues, great for parking and a sneaky beer overlooking Wanderland on the balcony now and then though.

HARD

Parra Leagues, great for parking and a sneaky beer overlooking Wanderland on the balcony now and then though.

I like Parra Leagues, however it is hard to have a 16 yo brother that can't go into the majority areas of the club

HARD

I like Parra Leagues, however it is hard to have a 16 yo brother that can't go into the majority areas of the club

thats what we enjoy about marconi, only a small portion is pokies, and its segmented away on its own, so the only need to walk in that area is if u wanna take a punt. 

I'm prob gonna give workers club a try for this fridays a league opener against the victards