Wanderers Powerchair Football

So sad I missed out on this, didn't find out about it until the morning. Videos that have popped up on YouTube shows it was a fantastic day, and I'm sure the players greatly appreciated the turn out - and of course no Channel Nein there.

As captain of the Wanderers Powerchair Football Club, I would just like to thank everyone on behalf of the team and the sport.

Our players have played for Australia on the International stage in this sport and we have never played in front of a crowd this loud and that level of support. I had players from the other teams tell how much they wished they were on the team.

Although we lost, your support really picked us up and now we're determined to make sure next time you guys come we'll get the win, so we can really celebrate and raise the roof off Wandererland 2.

For more information on the team go to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wswpfc.

WHO DO WE SING FOR?

As captain of the Wanderers Powerchair Football Club, I would just like to thank everyone on behalf of the team and the sport.

Our players have played for Australia on the International stage in this sport and we have never played in front of a crowd this loud and that level of support. I had players from the other teams tell how much they wished they were on the team.

Although we lost, your support really picked us up and now we're determined to make sure next time you guys come we'll get the win, so we can really celebrate and raise the roof off Wandererland 2.

For more information on the team go to our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wswpfc.

WHO DO WE SING FOR?

Mate, we were more than happy to go out and support you loud and clear! I was just loving it by the smiles on all your faces as we chanted during your game and after that. Felt super proud and I'm glad we came out to support you guys. Keep that determination and you'll get your win soon enough! :)

The next game is against Western Sydney Strikers.... Do we.... Do we cheer for both teams...?

I'm so torn right now ... To give you an understanding, it's like choosing which team I hate most, Sydney FC or GWS!

Either way Welldone to the team for their efforts, I'm just dissapointed I didn't know about this till after the game!

Next time I think it will be much more public (crowd will probably be much bigger), we wanted to surprise the team and so it was hard passing the information around online discreetly.

Next time I think it will be much more public (crowd will probably be much bigger), we wanted to surprise the team and so it was hard passing the information around online discreetly.

Was going to say it would have been good to actually know this was happening

Exactly, reason why we didn't publicly make this known when this was planned. The venue has a capacity of 300 people.

it shouldnt be up to the RBB to provide the team with jerseys, the club should really have done that

agree and also you would think if they are an officials wanderers team then there events and information would be on the wanderers facebook page or their website rather than the association having to promote itself and self fund its way. I believe now that more people know about the wanderers wheelchair team there will be more support for the team vocally and financially across the board. 

It was fantastic on Saturday, I had so much fun singing for the team.

My mother worked for an organisation that helped disabled peoples who did not financially have the means to support themselves. So what the RBB did and I hope will continue to do (as Ian said they will) means so much to that team and their families, I have said it so many times on this forum but you keep outdoing yourself BRAVO RBB BRAVO :)

it shouldnt be up to the RBB to provide the team with jerseys, the club should really have done that

agree and also you would think if they are an officials wanderers team then there events and information would be on the wanderers facebook page or their website rather than the association having to promote itself and self fund its way. I believe now that more people know about the wanderers wheelchair team there will be more support for the team vocally and financially across the board. 

Whilst they aren't officially a part of WSWFC the powerchair team are a bunch of guys who sit in the RBB at the back of bay 54.

I kind of don't care that they aren't a part of the club because there isn't a national powerchair league in the same way there is an A-League or W-league, its just a bunch of guys who play at a Basketball court in Mount Druitt who are mad keen Wanderers fans and have a WSW powerchair team. 

PS. Central Coasts CEO is the coach of the official Central Coast powerchair football team .