Kevin Sheedy's Attack on 'Un-Australian' Wanderers

Excellent article Mack well said :clapping:

The disturbing part is the amount of wasted tax payers money spent on there infrastructure scammed from the government on top of there own $200million investment :bad:

His comment felt like it was premeditated as i remember him saying something very similar on "thebackpage" not long ago,he will hopefully get punished by AFL knobs.I agree with Erebus and Paulg23 in saying he probably said it for attention, to either cover his teams poor performance or rally up people to hopefully come and go to the next home game.

Kevin Sheedy time for you to retire pack your bags and go back to the hole you came from and take GWS with you

Edited by burgerman2200
Guest ZipGunBop

pretty much his comments are the attitudes of much of the AFL media and many fans of the AFL

That's like calling all wanderers fans hooligans.

Kevin Sheedy is no racist. He's spent decades helping the indigenous community.

Silly comment tho, ill give you that.

One interesting thing...will Sheedy be censured anything along the lines of David Morrow? Will the AFL big-wigs or the O&B Clowns GM come out and disown his statements, or soft-soap them?

Kevin Sheedy is not racist. Kevin Sheedy is Xenophobic.

Fear of the other...hmmm, nicely nuanced JamCal!

Guest ZipGunBop

One interesting thing...will Sheedy be censured anything along the lines of David Morrow? Will the AFL big-wigs or the O&B Clowns GM come out and disown his statements, or soft-soap them?

Probably not. The bed wetting, hankie suck, hand wringing left take it personally when one of their own makes stupid comments.

Probably not. The bed wetting, hankie suck, hand wringing left take it personally when one of their own makes stupid comments.

LOL...you've been watching too many episodes of The Bolt Report Zip :P

Just a quote from a AFL board:

"Western Sydney is full of immigrants from countries where soccer is often the only game, so they would be naturally attracted to the Wanderers.

We have a real challenge on our hands, because the culture of western Sydney is very different from Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Tasmania, and the retirees of the Gold Coast - it's not traditional Australia. We're like foreigners in our own country."

foad AFL.

pretty much his comments are the attitudes of much of the AFL media and many fans of the AFL

That's like calling all wanderers fans hooligans.

Kevin Sheedy is no racist. He's spent decades helping the indigenous community.

Silly comment tho, ill give you that.

i apologise a few fans do have the opinion which was expressed by sheedy but i did not mean to paint all AFL fans with the same brush i still think it is more the wording than anything i dont think he intended to cause such a stir and if he reworded his statement i doubt anyone would be talking about it but its really hard to be able to know his intent

Edited by TheGoatOfDoom

"Western Sydney is full of immigrants from countries where soccer is often the only game, so they would be naturally attracted to the Wanderers.

We have a real challenge on our hands, because the culture of western Sydney is very different from Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Tasmania, and the retirees of the Gold Coast - it's not traditional Australia. We're like foreigners in our own country."

foad AFL.

Where was this taken from?

It's like Western Sydney is being considered like a lost tribe found deep in the Amazon. Ridiculous.

foad AFL.

It's like Western Sydney is being considered like a lost tribe found deep in the Amazon. Ridiculous.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-7-gws-giants-vs-adelaide-crows-skoda.1003988/page-3

foad AFL.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-7-gws-giants-vs-adelaide-crows-skoda.1003988/page-3
Cheers

foad AFL.

I think you'll find the masterminds at the AFL have a new merchandise item to help calm the fears of anyone coming into contact with the Effnicks of Western Sydney...

ordinarypassportimage.png

Guest ZipGunBop

Just a quote from a AFL board:"Western Sydney is full of immigrants from countries where soccer is often the only game, so they would be naturally attracted to the Wanderers.We have a real challenge on our hands, because the culture of western Sydney is very different from Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Tasmania, and the retirees of the Gold Coast - it's not traditional Australia. We're like foreigners in our own country."foad AFL.

I think you'll find the masterminds at the AFL have a new merchandise item to help calm the fears of anyone coming into contact with the Effnicks of Western Sydney... ordinarypassportimage.png

Quality.

Not sure what the issue is with Sheedy's comments. Most Wanderers fans are probably ethnic immigrants. It's our challenge to enlighten them and show them the Australian game.

And just to clarify I don't have an issue with these immigrants supporting soccer. Given where they came from, soccer is probably all they know. We have to show them that in Australia, there is a better alternative available.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-7-gws-giants-vs-adelaide-crows-skoda.1003988/page-4

Guest ZipGunBop

Not sure what the issue is with Sheedy's comments. Most Wanderers fans are probably ethnic immigrants. It's our challenge to enlighten them and show them the Australian game.And just to clarify I don't have an issue with these immigrants supporting soccer. Given where they came from, soccer is probably all they know. We have to show them that in Australia, there is a better alternative available.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-7-gws-giants-vs-adelaide-crows-skoda.1003988/page-4

Yucky.

Not sure what the issue is with Sheedy's comments. Most Wanderers fans are probably ethnic immigrants. It's our challenge to enlighten them and show them the Australian game.And just to clarify I don't have an issue with these immigrants supporting soccer. Given where they came from, soccer is probably all they know. We have to show them that in Australia, there is a better alternative available.

Yucky.

well that was vomit inducing

Another idea is Wanderers fans uniting an holding a protest outside skoda stadium next GWS home match.

You're doing it wrong. Really, we shouldn't be giving them any attention. Just popping up outside the stadium will give the media fuel to again call us hooligans and thugs when we're really not about that. Let them dig their own grave.

Shakey is 100% correct. Deprive the bitter troll of attention and his infantile, racist rants will stop. On the other hand if you show up within 10km of one of their games, you'll no doubt be counted as part of their attendance figures.

Another idea is Wanderers fans uniting an holding a protest outside skoda stadium next GWS home match.

You're doing it wrong. Really, we shouldn't be giving them any attention. Just popping up outside the stadium will give the media fuel to again call us hooligans and thugs when we're really not about that. Let them dig their own grave.

Shakey is 100% correct. Deprive the bitter troll of attention and his infantile, racist rants will stop. On the other hand if you show up within 10km of one of their games, you'll no doubt be counted as part of their attendance figures a life member

/fixed

It's funny because he brought up WSW totally out of the blue, without being prompted.

He's said it before and nobody paid attention....

SO he said it again at a press conference to make sure someone printed it, its just for publicity/hes a racist ****rag

I took his comments as tongue in cheek after seeing the video. From what I understand he's a cheeky bugger.

Having said that, ridiculous comments.

As far as the 'bigfooty' forum quote, it's just a random forumite - ignore.

May I suggest sending well thought out and articulated comments to this lot?

Å KODA Australia

24 Muir Road,
Chullora,
NSW 2190

Postal Address:
Regents Park Business Centre,
PO Box 414,
Regents Park NSW 2143

Main: +61 (0)2 9695 6000
Fax: +61 (0)2 9695 6186
E-mail: info@skoda.com.au
Web: www.skoda.com.au

Customer Service
1800 607 540

Explaining to them the damage the association with that racist embaressment known as the GWS is doing them. Especialy in an area where they can capture a decent size of the market with their cars.

Our fans are from Western Sydney, a number of our players are from western sydney and parra is our home. GWS on the other hand are all from elsewhere and played their first home game in western sydney in round 7.... and we're the outsiders?