Kevin Sheedy's Attack on 'Un-Australian' Wanderers

Sheedy stands by his comments:

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/17125603/kevin-sheedy-sticks-by-a-league-comments/

Sheedy cops verbal hammering from 'sokkah' pundit (warning: Herald Sun):

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/wellington-phoenix-captain-andrew-durante-brands-gws-coach-kevin-sheedy-a-muppet-over/story-fn7ec9f5-1226640968472

Sheedy's continues to claim that he's not racist because he supports Indigenous AFL players (That's like if Hitler were to claim that because he likes Italian food he's not racist).

My estimation of Craig Foster has gone through the roof.

He has shown that he has big balls by going for Sheedy's throat in the media.

The thoughts of Kevin...

''... When I said the immigration department was one of the best recruiting agencies for soccer, well I didn't mean anything untoward by that. But it's a fact.''

So does that mean that we will start seeing Detention centres set up for refugees who prefer rugby union, ice hockey or badminton? Will there be a new visa scheme to bring in talented right backs who are 'soccer compliant'? Will the AFL start up a new immigration bureau to attract WASPs who prefer fumbling for a ball with their hands, jumping up on the backs of other people and then trying to limit their world view to Ireland only?

Perhaps Sheeds should ask either of the two sides of politics going into the next Federal election to establish a Department of Not Bringing Sokkah Wogs In But Only Those That Understand The Role of a Ruck Rover. And isn't it refreshing he has gone straight to the most erudite givernment and academic studies to demonstrate the authority of his 'immigration = soccer fans army invading' fact, citing them with the same erudition demonstrated by Stephen Hawkins discussing the Big Bang Theory.

Fail Sheeds...Fail O&B Clowns...Fail AFL...Fail Anglo Racists Wedded to Xenophobic Attitudes Inherent in AFL

Craig Foster hits the nail on the head:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/craig-foster/blog/1151394/Sheedy,-you're-a-disgrace

On the upside, Sheedy's comments have brought all the A-League tribes together.

Football unites us. Sheedy divides us.

Great piece by Foz, what an almighty hole that schmuck has dug for himself.

The thoughts of Kevin...

''... When I said the immigration department was one of the best recruiting agencies for soccer, well I didn't mean anything untoward by that. But it's a fact.''

So does that mean that we will start seeing Detention centres set up for refugees who prefer rugby union, ice hockey or badminton? Will there be a new visa scheme to bring in talented right backs who are 'soccer compliant'? Will the AFL start up a new immigration bureau to attract WASPs who prefer fumbling for a ball with their hands, jumping up on the backs of other people and then trying to limit their world view to Ireland only?

Perhaps Sheeds should ask either of the two sides of politics going into the next Federal election to establish a Department of Not Bringing Sokkah Wogs In But Only Those That Understand The Role of a Ruck Rover. And isn't it refreshing he has gone straight to the most erudite givernment and academic studies to demonstrate the authority of his 'immigration = soccer fans army invading' fact, citing them with the same erudition demonstrated by Stephen Hawkins discussing the Big Bang Theory.

Fail Sheeds...Fail O&B Clowns...Fail AFL...Fail Anglo Racists Wedded to Xenophobic Attitudes Inherent in AFL

you know steven hawking was on big bang theory :P

I have actually been tossing up whether to post in this thread or not because I am sure I will no doubt receive an avalanche of abuse. But after years of copping crap from people about loving 'sokkah', and defending the sport i love whenever someone criticises it I feel that I should at least stick up for another game I have grown up watching/playing.

As a long time supporter of AFL I was disgusted to see what Sheedy had said. It is true that he has liked to stir the pot for a headline over the years, but that quote yesterday was incomprehensible and as an AFL supporter I was embarrassed and personally insulted by them.

We have already established that Sheedy is an absolute tool for the comments he made, but please know that he does not represent the views of myself nor any other AFL supporter I know.

I have actually been tossing up whether to post in this thread or not because I am sure I will no doubt receive an avalanche of abuse. But after years of copping crap from people about loving 'sokkah', and defending the sport i love whenever someone criticises it I feel that I should at least stick up for another game I have grown up watching/playing.

As a long time supporter of AFL I was disgusted to see what Sheedy had said. It is true that he has liked to stir the pot for a headline over the years, but that quote yesterday was incomprehensible and as an AFL supporter I was embarrassed and personally insulted by them.

We have already established that Sheedy is an absolute tool for the comments he made, but please know that he does not represent the views of myself nor any other AFL supporter I know.

Casper he may not represent your views but having dipped into the worlds of social media last night when the shitestorm hit, as well as viewed links posted here to AFL forums, there are AFL fans who do subscribe to that arsehole's xenophobic posturing. Whether they reflect the majority of opinions or not is debatable, but the readiness for the pronouncement to be defended from certain quarters, and the lack of any repudiation from the AFL or the Orange and Black Clowns indicates these hateful sentiments are if not condoned, they aren't going to be rejected out of hand either as they should be.

Edited by ManfredSchaefer

GWS upcoming home fixtures

Round 9 - May 25 vs West Coast Eagles

Round 11 - June 08 vs Geelong Cats

Round 12 - June 16 vs Port Adelaide

Anyone care to guess the attendance figures for these matches?

P.S. Western Sydney Wanderers will have at least 12,500+ human Australian citizen members in the 2013/2014 season. 

I love Australia

the AFL shield, excuse and harbour "xenophobic" attitudes across their stakeholders, even if in the minority (which may or may not be the case)

on one hand they acclaim their cross cultural prodigy (Majak Daw) whilst not immediately denouncing "boofhead" Sheedy's ignorant and offensive rants
and going one step further to remove him as coach of the tainted GWS

GWS upcoming home fixtures

Round 9 - May 25 vs West Coast Eagles

Round 11 - June 08 vs Geelong Cats

Round 12 - June 16 vs Port Adelaide

Anyone care to guess the attendance figures for these matches?

P.S. Western Sydney Wanderers will have at least 12,500+ human Australian citizen members in the 2013/2014 season. 

I love Australia

everyone who has heard of the GWS giants will be counted as attended that game......so 12 people 

Casper he may not represent your views but having dipped into the worlds of social media last night when the shitestorm hit, as well as viewed links posted here to AFL forums, there are AFL fans who do subscribe to that arsehole's xenophobic posturing. Whether they reflect the majority of opinions or not is debatable, but the readiness for the pronouncement to be defended from certain quarters, and the lack of any repudiation from the AFL or the Orange and Black Clowns indicates these hateful sentiments are if not condoned, they aren't going to be rejected out of hand either as they should be.

100% agree with you Manfred, but unfortunately it has proven in the past that anyone involved with the top level AFL is a protected species, so I would be very surprised if an apology was given by sheedy anytime soon.

That's the exact reason that I felt I need to at least defend the AFL community that I have personally dealt with (local West Sydney based clubs) and say that those types of views would be condemned, and as I said earlier are shameful to people like myself.

100% agree with you Manfred, but unfortunately it has proven in the past that anyone involved with the top level AFL is a protected species, so I would be very surprised if an apology was given by sheedy anytime soon.

That's the exact reason that I felt I need to at least defend the AFL community that I have personally dealt with (local West Sydney based clubs) and say that those types of views would be condemned, and as I said earlier are shameful to people like myself.

What you have said is a shameful indictment on Sheedy and his idiot club's approach to trying to garner support. Here is a person like you who is actually part of the Australian Rules community in the western suburbs and the franchise which should be your pride and joy, and they should be looking to you as if you are the very lifeblood of their attempt to engender support in the area they supposedly targeted...well that's all been pissed away. An AFL supporter who loves the game in the west of Sydney shouldn't have to apologise for the O&B Clowns and their idiot coach, nor the xenophobic statements from Aussie Rules types who still prescribe to the 'sheilas wogs and pooftahs' attitude.

As much as old soccer, new football, Anglos and ethnic aussies from the west who love the Wanderers have every right to feel aggrieved, AFL fans out west who have been bent over and reamed by the administrators and the club staff of the Skoda Fails should be angrier. You should be demanding Sheedy to shut up or **** off. You should be demanding Demetriou to come to western Sydney and explain why the club foisted on your community never listened to that community, has run away to Homebush, has decided to take money from Canberra...all of the core failures of the Clowns.

Funnily enough when the Wanderers were launched the FFA came to our area and listened, asked us what we wanted, built a club and a culture 100% in tune with the western suburbs. Demetriou and Sheedy have screwed the pooch with spectacularly bad results with their hideously mismanaged and manipulative efforts at forming the Skoda Fails...so bad anyone would think they followed the Clive Palmer Guide to Running a Football Club.

What you have said is a shameful indictment on Sheedy and his idiot club's approach to trying to garner support. Here is a person like you who is actually part of the Australian Rules community in the western suburbs and the franchise which should be your pride and joy, and they should be looking to you as if you are the very lifeblood of their attempt to engender support in the area they supposedly targeted...well that's all been pissed away. An AFL supporter who loves the game in the west of Sydney shouldn't have to apologise for the O&B Clowns and their idiot coach, nor the xenophobic statements from Aussie Rules types who still prescribe to the 'sheilas wogs and pooftahs' attitude.

As much as old soccer, new football, Anglos and ethnic aussies from the west who love the Wanderers have every right to feel aggrieved, AFL fans out west who have been bent over and reamed by the administrators and the club staff of the Skoda Fails should be angrier. You should be demanding Sheedy to shut up or **** off. You should be demanding Demetriou to come to western Sydney and explain why the club foisted on your community never listened to that community, has run away to Homebush, has decided to take money from Canberra...all of the core failures of the Clowns.

Funnily enough when the Wanderers were launched the FFA came to our area and listened, asked us what we wanted, built a club and a culture 100% in tune with the western suburbs. Demetriou and Sheedy have screwed the pooch with spectacularly bad results with their hideously mismanaged and manipulative efforts at forming the Skoda Fails...so bad anyone would think they followed the Clive Palmer Guide to Running a Football Club.

If you go through their forums, apparently everyone non western Sydney agree and support the location. Claiming its still inside the GWS catchment that been drawn by politician and universities studies relative to populations income.

i dont mind afl but they are here not to cater for an existing fan base they are to take someone else s.  we as sports fans know our allegiance cant be bought and that we could even support both teams but the afl people who are going to spend two hundred million dollars think very differently and intend on making back that money with lots of paying customers they currently dont have, wanderers are clearly an opposition financially speaking. There will be a manager somewhere in the afl that has promised the boss they will bigger than league and football and as such will give neither a break. sheedy revealed that by commenting  on the wanderers fans in the first place without being asked, not to mention what he actually said. afl good game do good things but iam a football fan, who are ya?

Australian History 101 According to Kevin Sheedy.

"Bunch of blokes came to this country and built sh* t. Any poofters on the boat were soccer fans.

ANZAC happened n sh* t after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour in the Phillipines. Bunch of AFL blokes went overseas and kicked Saddams ass putting an end to the Thirty Years war.

Fuc ken Sheila's and wogs come here and joined the poofs and played soccer. AFL funds the Australian Government through the Great Depression.

VB invented when Victoria became a republic.

Whole world now know about AFL and boat people come here to get away from soccer countries. These wogs and poofs are accepted by AFL with open arms.

Edited by westofcentre

I think Sheedy believes every boat person gets a free Wanderera membership.

if you have the jerseys, i have the access. im not sure its appropriate but it would make for some good memes

i just saw this on the facebook site

Hi GIANT Footy fans, we have double passes and family passes to giveaway for the GWS vs Gold Coast game on Sat 27 April in Manuka Oval. Just message us with your ticket preference, postal address and phone number for your chance to win

i reckon there was a good chance we all could win

Edited by pys

I think Sheedy believes every boat person gets a free Wanderera membership.

No...people smugglers are actually paid up members of WSW...and every boat that gets past the Navy or Coast Guard is another dagger in the pure Aussie heart of the Greater Western Klan...it's all a Greens/World Government Scheme to kill Australia's sporting identity and make it a minion of round ball gurus from such strange lands as Brazil, Germany and Italy (those same countries where AFL is greeted with a 'Huh?!')