Tomi Juric

mack

I don't mind when players move to another team. Its their job and they should be able to change if they want to. What I don't like is players kissing badges and then when they are gone , disrespect the old fans.

Here's a general question...what constitutes 'disrespect for the old fans'...and has any of those that left/been given the door shown disrespect to us when up against the Wanderers?

I know some people were pissy about Mooy but never really saw the so-called disrespect. Can't recall the likes of Jerome and Tarek being disrespectful either.

I don't think any of our ex WSW players showed disrespect, I was not talking about our players. I am also ok with players celebrating when score as long as they don't over do it.

Disrespect for me is when you have players acting like Og-dog or Berisha towards any fans.

Its a professional game played by (mostly) professionals...wouldn't be happy if he went east, but I think he's earned a bit of our respect considering the ACL etc....as long as he doesn't come to Wanderland and is a dick about it

The bigger concern for me isn't that he's leaving, it's that he's said this will be his last game when he's still contracted for the 2 R16 matches if we qualify. Doesn't do much to disprove the theory that he mentally clocked off a while ago.

It sounds like he might want to play against spurs and chelsea instead of r16 acl, or does his contract prevent him to do so as I think its june 30expiry and might want to be released beforehand. Hence the decision to announce last game.

dont we have to name a new squad if we make the round of 16 in the acl? or is it in the quarters?

The bigger concern for me isn't that he's leaving, it's that he's said this will be his last game when he's still contracted for the 2 R16 matches if we qualify. Doesn't do much to disprove the theory that he mentally clocked off a while ago.

It sounds like he might want to play against spurs and chelsea instead of r16 acl, or does his contract prevent him to do so as I think its june 30expiry and might want to be released beforehand. Hence the decision to announce last game.

dont we have to name a new squad if we make the round of 16 in the acl? or is it in the quarters?

New squad for quarters. Round of 16 starts 19th of this month

Too little, too late.

Players should have considered the consequences of their actions, before posting comments on FB regarding them 'potentially' leaving WSW for greener pastures, after this game.

I as a WSW supporter interpreted their comments, as them having a defeatist attitude before taking the park. 

Too little, too late.

Players should have considered the consequences of their actions, before posting comments on FB regarding them 'potentially' leaving WSW for greener pastures, after this game.

I as a WSW supporter interpreted their comments, as them having a defeatist attitude before taking the park.

Agree. Wouldn't be suprised if both are benched tonight. Actually, I hope they are.

very few players/celebrities etc run their own facebook pages/social media pages. Tomi's Brother a few months ago went around asking all wsw fan supporter facebook pages to like his account as he wanted it to get boosted up after it being idle for a while. 

Took this as a way of saying something has been worked in the background a while ago and his brother just wanted to make sure the love for Tomi amongst wsw fans stays strong before and after his departure, EAST! :ninja:

i thought he actually had a very good match today, imagine if his entire season was like that(i could be wrong but it looked like he had a great match)

He was okay...should've scored more than once, and does tend to monster Asian teams.

I wonder if all the is he or ain't he leaving stuff will get more resolution once ESFC sort out their ACL commitments. If they are locked into 2016 ACL & offering TJ the right dollars would not be surprised he takes the bait (if not already taken)

Too little, too late.

I would argue against the defeatist attitude, in favor of the argument that what was posted on Facebook was a clever Marketing strategy, as was his remarkable performance and that goal...

Shame he cant reproduce this form in our domestic league. Perhaps he is best suited in the Asian leagues?

Season 3 has had some strange events thats for sure

It was cringeworthy how much Juric tried to get on camera at the end of the game last night, I was waiting for him to reveal a t-shirt with a 'for sale' sign on it.

that would imply there has been no signing?

Guest mickisnot

It was cringeworthy how much Juric tried to get on camera at the end of the game last night, I was waiting for him to reveal a t-shirt with a 'for sale' sign on it.

He's so far up himself these days isn't he? I can't quite work out when it all changed. I believe it was when Australia won the Asian cup, he received all that attention and now struts around like Australia's golden child.

Consider for a moment that all these rumours never existed and his contract is till the end of next year like Spiranovic.

Tomi would have to show that hunger/desire/intent that he used to produce for him to be back in our good books again. All season he ran round like a prized pork chop, with some woeful attempts on goal. He allowed a little fame go to his head. This entitled brat [Juric] missed some sitters and made our domestic campaign worse then it should of been. It could of seventh or eight, not ninth man!

He played ok last night and he looked hungry. But he really only looked hungry for himself, there was nothing there for the club, fans or his teammates.

He's so far up himself these days isn't he? I can't quite work out when it all changed. I believe it was when Australia won the Asian cup, he received all that attention and now struts around like Australia's golden child.

My take: it started once the first offers came in last year after Sanfrecce, and he was well and truly convinced of his own greatness after Al Hilal. He played most of the A-League campaign as a physical presence. He only pressed down the accelerator more at the end of the season, what I saw as a response to the Bulut frenzy. 

For me the biggest disappointment of S3.

My take: it started once the first offers came in last year after Sanfrecce, and he was well and truly convinced of his own greatness after Al Hilal. He played most of the A-League campaign as a physical presence. He only pressed down the accelerator more at the end of the season, what I saw as a response to the Bulut frenzy.

For me the biggest disappointment of S3.

Agreed

Really should have kicked on this year and the fact he didn't really brings into question his ability to make it overseas and be brand cahills long term replacement

Perhaps needs a fresh start under a coach in a more different style of play

funnily enough I think the club that suits him is the one where he came from - Adelaide