NBA / Basketball Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Celts lose game 1

And now harden v Westbrook on what a awesome Easter Monday

harden is my favourite player to watch in the league at the moment. he doesn't look quick but his ball handling is so superior he just gets to the rim on anyone and is so strong on the finish but unselfish at the same time turning down shots to set up the shooters. only down side is his love for kardashians.

Start getting keen for Eurobasket, starting in late August. By far my favourite competition in basketball. Hopefully, if plans go well, I might be able to catch a few games in Romania!

Nuggets seem to be wanting to keep Jokic from playing in Europe, which would be a shame considering how well he performed in Rio.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

cavs turns half their roster over so have effectively traded the best 1 on 1 player and ballhandler in the league in Kyrie away for a bunch of spare parts.Admittedly they are better with what they picked up in the last 24 hours than before.  I wonder if they had their time again if they would have looked to ask King James to waive his no trade clause and build the future around Kyrie. James is going anway. He hates Dan GIlbert the owner. 

the big LOL about this is waiting to see Le Var Ball's reaction to his son going to the bench now haha I know they probably don't plan to resign thomas and just want the cap space for go at Lebron/PG13 etc still it's great just for the short term - take that BIG BALLER haha

8 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

cavs turns half their roster over so have effectively traded the best 1 on 1 player and ballhandler in the league in Kyrie away for a bunch of spare parts.Admittedly they are better with what they picked up in the last 24 hours than before.  I wonder if they had their time again if they would have looked to ask King James to waive his no trade clause and build the future around Kyrie. James is going anway. He hates Dan GIlbert the owner. 

the big LOL about this is waiting to see Le Var Ball's reaction to his son going to the bench now haha I know they probably don't plan to resign thomas and just want the cap space for go at Lebron/PG13 etc still it's great just for the short term - take that BIG BALLER haha

I dont mind Lonzo as a player - particularly as a 1st year. If his dad's shadow wasn't hanging over him all the time he would have so much pressure and limelight off him. But, agreed, lol. I cant wait for his reaction. 

17 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

I know they probably don't plan to resign thomas and just want the cap space for go at Lebron/PG13 etc still it's great just for the short term - take that BIG BALLER haha

Haha. I don't reckon there is any chance Lebron is signing up to be a prop in the Lavar ball show in LA next season.

• 1 month later...

Nbl is the best its been since the boom of the 90s.

Standard of play is excellent. Smart ideas like setting aside $ to attract players here  before they are draft eligible are good. Games against US will be huge next year and we continue to punch above our weight in terms of producing nba level talent.

Marketing and organisation of league is sound and i think demetriou will add to that.

If football isn't careful it will be in basketball's rear view mirror in this country pretty soon (although i think the sports should work together like they do in europe).

I have to admit I took the family to 2 Kings games this season (all be it freebie handouts) and they love it. My wife and daughter much prefer it to A-league, the game day experience and atmosphere is great. 

GunnerJnr loves football first but even mentioned it’s hard to be bored at a nbl game where at soulless it’s nt great unless we venture in into rbb. 

Interestingly my younger son who some may rememeber from random posts is autistic and non verbal I think still prefers the football PURELY for the RBB. 

I think it helps the league that the national team in Bball is the best it’s ever been also, we legitimately are a medal chance at big tournaments now. 

Agree though Lloyd A-League should be mindful... casual supporters might decide their entertainment income go to a nbl game opposed to A-League 

Edited by GunnerWanderer
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

Nbl finals game 5 on viceland now.

Get on it

Thanks lloydy, I'm on it.  Been so long since I watched NBL, first play is a reverse layup where the dude looked like he was gonna have to kick it back out but showed remarkable athleticism to get to the other side. Pretty good!

I am pretty neutral as a hawks fan.

Fan opinion has turned pretty badly against melbourne because people think the league really wants them to win and there have been lots of conspiracy theories (a bit like the smurfs i guess).

Having said all that, i really like watching goulding play though so i wouldn't mind melbourne doing it.

The quality of play in the comp has been the best i have seen here.

14 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

I am pretty neutral as a hawks fan.

My cousin is a (the?) strength and conditioning coach for Hawks so that makes me support them by default.

14 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

Having said all that, i really like watching goulding play though so i wouldn't mind melbourne doing it.

Yeah that was the guy that did the reverse. Apparently after burying some threes. Pretty impressive.

Been watching since second quarter, Adelaide got the deficit back to 6 points before it blew out again to 13+ and is 9 in the last quarter. Will be a mammoth effort for them to come back and win it. Melbourne has looked more deserving, but would be a great upset.

I used to go watch Kings games in the heyday of the NBL crica '95 or so.