Cricket thread

Guest ZipGunBop

• 1 month later...

I played with a guy in the UK who NEVER thought he was out, would never just walk off and would bang on for ******* hours about hiw much of a bullshyte decision it was. The ****er could be clean bowled with his middle stump cartwheeling away from him and he would still find reason to whinge about it or even better...he would blame you for not taking a single that would have got him off strike or something...or you sneezed, farted or looked at him wrong.....

Yep..my old man was a bastard to bat with....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Big night in the WC!

This tournament has been surpisingly entertaining.  I thought it was gonna be a runfest and that having 10 teams all playing each other once would be dull, but it has been a great battle between bat and ball, and the format has been good.

Also, England struggling has topped it off. They could still come good of course, but Johnny Bairstow's little hissy fit this week was brilliant.

Pakistan, what a mad team! They must be the most entertaining international sports team around. Being a Pakistan cricket fan would be heart-attack inducing.

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

Big night in the WC!

This tournament has been surpisingly entertaining.  I thought it was gonna be a runfest and that having 10 teams all playing each other once would be dull, but it has been a great battle between bat and ball, and the format has been good.

Also, England struggling has topped it off. They could still come good of course, but Johnny Bairstow's little hissy fit this week was brilliant.

Pakistan, what a mad team! They must be the most entertaining international sports team around. Being a Pakistan cricket fan would be heart-attack inducing.

Meh, it's all about the Lionesses in England at the moment, big semi against USA coming up midweek. Cricket feels tainted because of Australia and the sight of Warner and Smith lifting the world cup would be truly puke worthy.

6 hours ago, Erimus said:

Meh, it's all about the Lionesses in England at the moment, big semi against USA coming up midweek. Cricket feels tainted because of Australia and the sight of Warner and Smith lifting the world cup would be truly puke worthy.

Oh yeah cricket is tainted because of two guys who have taken their medicine and done their year suspension for a crime that many others - including England on more than one occasion - have got away with or been slapped on the wrists.  Meanwhile, England's best player is a dude who beat the living **** out of someone and got away with it.

Anyway, Johnny got his flat track today so once he survived some early nicks and plays and misses, he went alright.

3 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Anyone else watching the end of NZ V India.   Tense!! :huh:

Think India are going to do it!

Bye bye India.

If Australia beat your old mob, then the heads in the ECB will be mighty unhappy.

2 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Hope the match tomorrow gets rain so that the match is split like this one, which means we get to listen to both innings in the evening here :lol: 

Dhoni BIG 6!!!!!

What's the colour of mourning in India?

Black in Western countries, white in china

8 minutes ago, Erimus said:

So what do we think tonight guys? 

Close one i think, Australia to win by 20odd runs i suspect.

AS someone who used to love the game and have been to test matches in venues aroun Aus from childhood the cheating antics of Warner & Co has totally turned me off cricket as a whole....so.......I don't want them to win it. The poms should get up on home soil in the semi and then they hopefully lose to the Kiwis in the Final......:P

:D

• mack locked this topic