Guest ZipGunBop

Cricket thread

1 minute ago, btron3000 said:

What about when the officials sanctioned two big hands on stage at the end of the Ashes, one painted with the Aussie flag and 4 fingers held up, the other the St George cross in a fist!  If the officials are going to show such bad sportsmanship, what do they expect of players in the heat of battle?

Unfortunately for Australia we have a history of pointing the finger and not recognising the same behaviour in ourselves, in all sports not just cricket. Hopefully the good thing about this is that we have to face up to the fact that we are not judge and jury on all things sportsmanlike. 

The only sport in Australia where crowd behaviour (oh look hooligans) and poor sportsmanship (they dive) is called out by mainstream Australia is Football, and that's because they see football as somehow un-Australian

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

I don't understand why people are calling for Smith to lose the captaincy. He'd still be in the team and he'd still be the leader in the dressing room. It'll be nothing more than a ceremonial decision. Someone else will do the coin toss but Smith will really be the captain.

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

The only sport in Australia where crowd behaviour (oh look hooligans) and poor sportsmanship (they dive) is called out by mainstream Australia is Football, and that's because they see football as somehow un-Australian

Yeah! Faarken Wogball!  ....funny that the greatest batsman , Bradman, Aussie through n through, had an Italian great grandfather....A WOG!!!!    :rofl:

wish I hadve known that little bit of info when I was a kid 

51 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Yeah! Faarken Wogball!  ....funny that the greatest batsman , Bradman, Aussie through n through, had an Italian great grandfather....A WOG!!!!    :rofl:

wish I hadve known that little bit of info when I was a kid 

He was a right miserable bastard Bradman I heard, many players off the pitch didn't get on with him I think. Absolute genius on the pitch. a right old miserable twat off it.

Edited by WSWBoro

5 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Lost amongst all this ball tampering, has been the Australian’s complaining about the abuse from the crowd. 

Australia complaining about abuse from crowds! 

Although they are probably right, but still. Australia complaining about crowds 

That was an indicator that something is not right in this team, and, dare I say it, 'the leadership group'!

Amazing levels of myopia needed to make that comment. 

As for the incident, well, what can you say...absolutely shambolic on every level. The footage of Lehmann calling Handscomb on the walkie talkie to go get a message out to hide the tape was like a Carry On film.

Bradman was disliked by his team-mates for overshadowing them and because he was a teetotaling protestant mason from a relatively well off family who kept to himself during tours. Those who most disliked him came from working class & catholic backgrounds and liked to drink & party and resented his popularity.

Stuart Macgill suffered a somewhat similar fate as he stood well out of the norm for Australian cricket players being a philosophical thinker in a side full of bogan 'alpha males', and his off/on again inclusion in the test side (because of Warne) meant he wasn't often able to form connections in the long-term.

Honestly, this whole thing is totally out of control. Ban them for life?? Ball tampering has being happening since day one and until now it’s bascially just been a fine or a one game suspension. All of a sudden you’re going to turn it into mass murder?

The current South African captain has been busted twice, Philander once, Kohli once and James Anderson once. Even Tendulkar was found guilty but the BCCI spat the dummy and made sure he was let off. And now they’re asking Faf if his was worse than Smith’s!! What’s he gonna say “oh yeah they should have suspended me for a year”.

Man. The hysteria.

On 25/03/2018 at 11:05 AM, btron3000 said:

Or using the useless NRL excuse - it’s not our go.

Steve Smith:”it’s not what we’re about”.

Clearly, it is. You did it.

“Not what we’re about.”

Now there’s footage of Bancroft loading up his pocket with sugar before taking the field in the ashes.

I am with Broad's comments on this one, no hard evidence of ball tampering in the Ashes even with this Bancroft sugar thing. I will say though that it is incredibly unlucky to be caught cheating the first ever time you do it, if you catch my drift. 

You look back to the Ashes series and there were certainly times within that series that Australia were getting the ball to move around and reverse swing which with a kookaburra ball in Australia is no easy feat. I just put Australia's greater movement with the ball down to superior bowling in that series, and it tended to be the fast short stuff that undid England rather than reverse swing.

It looks like Bancroft was up to no good with the sugar there. But that series is gone, England were well beaten and I don't think that series should be focused on now, even England players saying that.

Edited by WSWBoro

Anytime you do something that gives Graeme Swann the morale high ground you ought to be sacked for stupidity.  What a twat that guy is. He was an arsehole when on top, and when the team was struggled he bailed on them. His smarmy sense of humour is so grating.  Now he's throwing barbs from the other side of the world "they deserve it blah blah".  **** off mate, take a look at your own actions you prick.

Despite his reputation as the villian, I always had more time for Broad, and his measured response shows the difference between the two. Swann copped flak for his actions, bailed on the team, and couldn't wait to put the boot back in. Broad toughed it out, showed some backbone, and is now showing a bit of humility when asked about it.

16 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Anytime you do something that gives Graeme Swann the morale high ground you ought to be sacked for stupidity.  What a twat that guy is. He was an arsehole when on top, and when the team was struggled he bailed on them. His smarmy sense of humour is so grating.  Now he's throwing barbs from the other side of the world "they deserve it blah blah".  **** off mate, take a look at your own actions you prick.

Despite his reputation as the villian, I always had more time for Broad, and his measured response shows the difference between the two. Swann copped flak for his actions, bailed on the team, and couldn't wait to put the boot back in. Broad toughed it out, showed some backbone, and is now showing a bit of humility when asked about it.

Yeah, surprising Broad is so humble when the whole 'lets make his life hell' thing was doing the rounds, worse than what Australia have been experiencing in SA that Lehmann has been blubbering about. The old saying 'what goes around comes around' applies to some degree to Australia though.

Edited by WSWBoro

On 3/22/2018 at 1:36 PM, Flytox said:

England were 9 for 27 in the first test against the Kiwis.  Last wicket stand took them to 58.

Yeah, England just lost this they put up a good fight today but too far behind and the post match comments from the England players - NZ just far too good, which they were.

An honorable defeat, which is acceptable sometimes you know..;)

Edited by WSWBoro

We deserve everything we get now , what a joke  :nono:

Edited by JackDoff

8 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

We deserve everything we get now , what a joke  :nono:

Listen, I am pulling it in on WSF a good bit........but well there is a small part of me loving this......no I tell a lie a ******* massive big part of me is enjoying this :D

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

I don’t even think Swann is popular with English cricket supporters, he’s a nob

Broad I’ve always liked

Remember all the stick he got for not walking, by Australian cricketers 

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

I don’t even think Swann is popular with English cricket supporters, he’s a nob

Broad I’ve always liked

Remember all the stick he got for not walking, by Australian cricketers 

I don't think Swann is popular in his own home to be fair. Now Phil Tuffers Tufnell is ******* hilarious on TMS lol I like Tuffers.

Edited by WSWBoro

I’m glad even you Poms don’t like Swann !!

Yeah this Aussie team have opened themselves up for a pasting, whinging about Broad not walking, talking about how they don’t cross the line, complaining about Rabada not being suspended etc.

But all the other teams are hypocrites too.  When they’ve been caught ball tampering they all deny it!!

Now Graeme Smith has said the punishment from the ICC for Smith (one match ban) is too lenient, even though that’s what the rules state. Didn’t see him complaining when Faf was found guilty TWICE (once under his own watch) and Philander once too, neither man missing a single game, despite being found guilty on all three occasions!

So many glass houses, so many stones.

2 hours ago, WSWBoro said:

Listen, I am pulling it in on WSF a good bit........but well there is a small part of me loving this......no I tell a lie a ******* massive big part of me is enjoying this :D

giphy.gif

That's ok.....I'm a Maradona fan ..... :P 

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/opinion-steve-smith-will-became-the-scapegoat-for-a-generation-of-australian-cheats-writes-brett-geeves/news-story/b116bf65a4a6420fba0e8d4dfb857a7e

Interesting opinion piece from a former cricketer. He seems to suggest that manipulating the condition of the ball has been going on, with this generation of cricketers in some form at all levels of the game. Steve Smith is just the first that has openly admitted to doing it and been caught.

48 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

That's ok.....I'm a Maradona fan ..... :P 

pfft mate.. I give you Roma V Boro in 2006 on the way to the UEFA cup final when Boro beat those little cowards....10,000 Boro supporters chanting 'who the ******* hell are you' lol, Keep watching towards the end...cause I was one of them :D:P Hilarious when a group of Roma fans who ran up to the Boro fans fans quickly ran away when they realised the Boro fans woldn't back down lol Great night, now sheeshhhh they were sore losers, must be a Australian - Italian thing lol Maradona was a Roma chunt wasnt he?

Edited by WSWBoro

34 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/opinion-steve-smith-will-became-the-scapegoat-for-a-generation-of-australian-cheats-writes-brett-geeves/news-story/b116bf65a4a6420fba0e8d4dfb857a7e

Interesting opinion piece from a former cricketer. He seems to suggest that manipulating the condition of the ball has been going on, with this generation of cricketers in some form at all levels of the game. Steve Smith is just the first that has openly admitted to doing it and been caught.

And it’s not just us, as he points out. It’s pretty much been done by everyone. Shaun Pollock was asked about it yesterday morning and he laughed and said “everyone’s pushed the boundaries”.

Just read that Andrew Flintoff tweeted that there is plenty of hypocrisy out there today. In other words, he won’t condemn it because he’s done it. Mint anyone?

Chris Lynn came out and said everyone does it.

The current Aussie bowling coach was England bowling coach for 5 years, when they were pretty good...

EVERYONE DOES IT. These schmucks just made it so bloody obvious that they couldn’t deny it!

1 minute ago, btron3000 said:

And it’s not just us, as he points out. It’s pretty much been done by everyone. Shaun Pollock was asked about it yesterday morning and he laughed and said “everyone’s pushed the boundaries”.

Just read that Andrew Flintoff tweeted that there is plenty of hypocrisy out there today. In other words, he won’t condemn it because he’s done it. Mint anyone?

Chris Lynn came out and said everyone does it.

The current Aussie bowling coach was England bowling coach for 5 years, when they were pretty good...

EVERYONE DOES IT. These schmucks just made it so bloody obvious that they couldn’t deny it!

Yeah, it goes on. But Smith and co caught with their pants down. One thing to cheat and get away with it, another thing to be the dumb ****ers that get caught and who also send the kid out to do the dirty. That is pretty ******* low lol

Is this the end of the Australian Cricket Team being the nations favourite sporting team?

Time for the Socceroos to play with heart against Colombia and in the World Cup!

33 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

pfft mate.. I give you Roma V Boro in 2006 on the way to the UEFA cup final when Boro beat those little cowards....10,000 Boro supporters chanting 'who the ******* hell are you' lol, Keep watching towards the end...cause I was one of them :D:P Hilarious when a group of Roma fans who ran up to the Boro fans fans quickly ran away when they realised the Boro fans woldn't back down lol Great night, now sheeshhhh they were sore losers, must be a Australian - Italian thing lol Maradona was a Roma chunt wasnt he?

Nah , he played for Napoli 

19 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Nah , he played for Napoli 

Same thing.

I think the response from people who follow cricket has been more or less reasonable. Not outrage as such at the act (since we know it's being going on since time immemorial), but more at the hypocrisy in light of various recent comments about 'the line' and other such moralising from the team. That video of Warner condeming Faf for his actions back in the day also looks especially bad now, but then Warner is a twat and I basically blame him for everything. I bet it was his idea! 

As expected, the response from the wider public who don't really follow the sport was been mass hysteria, another opportunity to vent in this age of outrage (just for you btron!).

Really the biggest concern is how they could be so ******* stupid. That more than anything else shows no-one involved in this decision deserves to be part of a 'leadership group'.