Guest ZipGunBop

Cricket thread

7 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Don Bradman scored 334 in 1930

And of course the Botham / Willis test match in 1981 when England won after following on.

After Marsh, Lillee and Chappell bet on 500-1. Lol.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Raining in Yorkshire, well thats not normal...

England win the toss and bowl...

Archer rescues England. Without him England would have wasted the bowling conditions and Australia would still be batting. I think 150 or below is what England really wanted.

England have a sniff of a chance to take control of a test, but will have to bat very well.

Australia lucky early - quite a few plays and misses by Warner in particular - but unlucky late. Cummins didn't hit his, Paine's lb was marginal, and Labuschagne would not have got out the way he did if he was batting in bright sunlight. Hopefully the predicted cloud cover stays around for England's innings today. If it does, it's going to be interesting to see how well Australia bowl on it and how good or bad a total of 179 is.

I think Ussie and Wade are battling for one spot in the second innings, and Australia's batting lineup is going to start to look good when Smith and LBS are in the middle order together, especially if Warner's innings wasn't a one-off.

30 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Australia lucky early - quite a few plays and misses by Warner in particular - but unlucky late. Cummins didn't hit his, Paine's lb was marginal, and Labuschagne would not have got out the way he did if he was batting in bright sunlight. Hopefully the predicted cloud cover stays around for England's innings today. If it does, it's going to be interesting to see how well Australia bowl on it and how good or bad a total of 179 is.

I think Ussie and Wade are battling for one spot in the second innings, and Australia's batting lineup is going to start to look good when Smith and LBS are in the middle order together, especially if Warner's innings wasn't a one-off.

Not sure how accurate the BBC are, but **** me, the Poms have now organized 4 days of warm, sunny weather. 

https://www.bbc.com/weather/2644688

And they have the hide to boooo Warner and Smith, when the Poms themselves are using the weather to cheat!! :P

Roy is so predictable. As soon as he hit that four and then the drive that Hazlewood stopped, you just knew that he would go after one he shouldn't.

With the sun out it looks like it's gonna be an easier batting day.  If they survive the new ball, could be a long day for Australia.

6 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

With the sun out it looks like it's gonna be an easier batting day.  If they survive the new ball, could be a long day for Australia.

Told you. Root batted for twice as long this innings as his last.

34 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

How crap is the England top order? Stokes wants shooting for that dismissal 

Don't the Balmy Army have a firing squad?

8 hours ago, sonar said:

:rofl:

Here you go...then you won't have to bother with the Grammarly ad etc...

Posted (edited)

Trying to put that shambles in the context of the other times this year England have been skittled for under 100, they have now done that against New Zealand, West Indies, Ireland and Australia and so its in them and always a chance. I have seen them all lol

I think Ireland when they ran through England was the best, followed by the NZ one...the other two meh.....

England never came in to this Ashes in any kind of test form. Archer gave a brief bit of contest and excitement, but in this team it isnt enough.

On another day it would have been Australia knocked overfirst day for around 80, but you make your own luck and England are where they deserve to be. This test should be over tomorrow i would think. Disapointing...the only time my interest has been raised was the Archer day at Lords, proper Ashes cricket. Now we have a couple of dead rubbers tests and for me the excitement has gone and I will be here less. 

Well done Australia. I can look forward to enjoying an Australia summer cricket series now as I enjoy a day at the SCG whoever is playing. 

Feel a bit deflated....not because of England...but because the contest is over :( And so the banter also.

Edited by Erimus

9 minutes ago, Erimus said:

Feel a bit deflated.... because the contest is over :( And so the banter also.

I'll post some Coldplay on the new Music Thread - so you can banter there! :lol:

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The musical equivalent of a rain delay

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Below the belt again! Rain's not that bad!

:db: :db:

4 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Below the belt again! Rain's not that bad!

What if I post my favourite song of theirs (with the dancing monkeys) but without the horrible voice?

Would that help? :meep:

11 minutes ago, wendybr said:

What if I post my favourite song of theirs (with the dancing monkeys) but without the horrible voice?

Would that help? :meep:

I'd rather watch rain.

6 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I'd rather watch rain.

Pffft!

If you say so.

I've just listened to it 5 times in a row....great energiser! :yahoo:

Excellent. Definitely a hugimprovement on coldplay.

My tongue in cheek comments have actually now been scientifically proven correct.

11 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Don't the Balmy Army have a firing squad?

Are these the guys that only come out in summer....?.....lol.......or a new splinter group to rival the Barmy Army...?

Tbh I thought Aus would lose this Test. Neither side can bat to save themselves....apart from a couple of batsmen.....it's the bowlers who are deciding this.  Aus taking their chances....Eng haven't. Labuchagne has been a revelation and has ensured he plays the next test. Gutsy batting when required.

16 hours ago, Erimus said:

Feel a bit deflated....not because of England...but because the contest is over :( And so the banter also.

Me too actually. Part of me wanted England to win this - a small part, granted! - so the the series was really set up for a grand finale.

But ultimately England have not been good enough. And are not good enough. Test cricket stats don’t lie - they have too many batsman averaging in the 30s.

Theres nothing like a bit of false hope to rub salt in to the wounds and make it worse lol 

England will lose a few wickets quick and will be all over. The 67 did for them and wont reverse that,  bit late in the day to be showing fight.

That rush of blood by Root has probably rooted Eng.