Cricket thread

Guest ZipGunBop

Terrible bowling with the new ball. England on top now.

Credit to Bairstow. He's never done anything of note against Australia, and to be blunt his Test career is pretty **** except for a one/one and a half year period a few years ago, but he has shifted momentum here. 

The Aussie quicks went away from line and length and it cost them. Pattinson was way too pumped up, he was bolwing 4-5 mph quicker and loses his accuracy. They need to turn it around and soon.

13 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Terrible bowling with the new ball. England on top now.

Credit to Bairstow. He's never done anything of note against Australia, and to be blunt his Test career is pretty **** except for a one/one and a half year period a few years ago, but he has shifted momentum here. 

The Aussie quicks went away from line and length and it cost them. Pattinson was way too pumped up, he was bolwing 4-5 mph quicker and loses his accuracy. They need to turn it around and soon.

It will come, plenty of runs in the bank still and one of these falls massive pressure on England. Would still rather be in the Australian shed at this stage.

Edited by Erimus

I always find it odd how the lunch break often decides how the day's innings goes or shortly thereafter, before lunch Bairstow & Stokes looked they are going to knock it over in two hours on their own.

Sarnie and a cup of tea waddle on out thinking we've got this and a good 'un takes one of them out and then it's twitchy sphincter time for all concerned, to be honest if England do it then fair play they would have earned it, and it sets up the last two tests for a real proper series with meaning.

8 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

I always find it odd how the lunch break often decides how the day's innings goes or shortly thereafter, before lunch Bairstow & Stokes looked they are going to knock it over in two hours on their own.

Sarnie and a cup of tea waddle on out thinking we've got this and a good 'un takes one of them out and then it's twitchy sphincter time for all concerned, to be honest if England do it then fair play they would have earned it, and it sets up the last two tests for a real proper series with meaning.

I am going for England to get within around 60 - 70, 359 is just too much to chase.

Next 2 hrs is massive in the context of this series...

Edited by Erimus
1 minute ago, Erimus said:

I am going for England to get within around 60 - 70, 359 is just too much to chase.

as long as B & S stay in there for another half hour , get to the 259 mark , then the 300 mark that crowd will bring them home, it's a bugger i have to go to bed to get up early for work but can't leave this.. plus the Swans are going top tonight.

1 minute ago, WSWJACK said:

as long as B & S stay in there for another half hour , get to the 259 mark , then the 300 mark that crowd will bring them home, it's a bugger i have to go to bed to get up early for work but can't leave this.. plus the Swans are going top tonight.

I have to be up early also, 5am lol But for the world cup final I never actually ended up going to bed at all.....I slept like a baby the following night.

7 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Gotta love the crowd buzz, makes the Ashes series come alive..

Yep...leave the aus cricket crowds for dead......they like to sing do the poms....lol

I remember hearing a story from Mike Whitney when he hit Curtly Amrose for a six. Ambrose said to him.wtte..." Whit, you can tell your grandkids you hit the great Ambrose for 6"...to which Whitney replied...."**** the grandkids Curtly, I'm telling everyone now"............

• mack locked this topic