Cricket thread

Guest ZipGunBop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't mind a bit of (test) cricket. But why do they seem to stop playing every time I sit down to watch it.

Came out to watch about 20 minutes ago, should be safe after the drinks break.

I see about 6 deliveries. Indian batsman gets hit, gets treated for several minutes and then retires hurt. So that ends their innings and off they all go until .... ?

5 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I don't mind a bit of (test) cricket. But why do they seem to stop playing every time I sit down to watch it.

Came out to watch about 20 minutes ago, should be safe after the drinks break.

I see about 6 deliveries. Indian batsman gets hit, gets treated for several minutes and then retires hurt. So that ends their innings and off they all go until .... ?

20 min break ( I think ).

Usually during a day test....lunch is 40 min and tea is 20 min.......reversed for d/n.

Edited by sonar
22 minutes ago, sonar said:

20 min break ( I think ).

Usually during a day test....lunch is 40 min and tea is 20 min.......reversed for d/n.

I went to an ashes test at Headingly with my old man and everything in that day that meant anything happened every time he went for a piss or a beer. To the extent stranger's around him started taking the piss.

Edited by Smoggy
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s been a fascinating days cricket. I reckon Paine hasn’t captained that well today. Shouts for Smith to return if Australia don’t get the wickets needed ?

Great batting from India though. At one point today it looked like India were going for it.

Edited by Smoggy

If it didn't last the 4 and a half days beforehand, you wouldn't get the half days like that one where it's all set up. It's afternoons like that where I will still watch every ball; forget those previous days, then I'll tune in and out a few times over that time. But to get to a point like that where anything is possible is great, and, more often than not, you are into the tail batting and will they make it... great stuff.

Good to see Smith and the Australian have really changed the culture of the Australian cricket team since the SA ball tampering incident 

what a sportsman he is?

Sorry typo I mean what a weapons grade nobhead he is?

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Good to see Smith and the Australian have really changed the culture of the Australian cricket team since the SA ball tampering incident 

what a sportsman he is?

Sorry typo I mean what a weapons grade nobhead he is?

Yeah..he was just 'shadow batting' lol Dirty bugger was  wiping out the guard marks. Not hard..if not batting or bowling keep off the ******* wicket!..No need for him to be there.

Paine showed his true colours also.

As for the racism in the crowd. Notice that the SMH have found someone to go against the Indian team to say it wasn't. Imagine if it were at a soccer game lol Headlines would be something like institutionalised racism is rife in soccer crowds...keep your kids away!

2 hours ago, Keithie said:

you got it right the first time , Smith will go down in Australian and world cricket history as one of the greatest !!!!!!!!

Great batsmen one of the greats for sure, in terms of sportsmanship less so. His tears after the ball tampering incident now look they were because he regretted getting caught not doing it.

Oh here we go. The Poms are out in force to put the boot into Aussie cricket. What a surprise.

Today I got my first text about cricket in about 2 years from a Pom mate. Smith's a cheat blah blah.

Meanwhile, English cricket fans still drool over a bloke who could have killed someone a few years back and got off scott free.

I look forward to the next visit to these shores of the English cricket team, when Smoggy will be a cricket tragic until the first batting collapse. When these pages will be full of banter for about 1 and a half Tests then all will go quiet.

Will they still be wheeling out James Anderson or will they have found some other dude who averages 23 with little wobblers under English clouds but gets pasted out here when there is a bit of a challenge bowling in the sun? Or maybe they can find another spinner to retire mid series because it's all too hard?

Great series.

It's a pity that India have suffered so many injuries. If they manage not to lose at the Gabba it will be a remarkable performance.

Pity Tim Paine acted like a dick yesterday. Apart from that, it's been played in a great spirit and been good for Test cricket.

Have really enjoyed Test cricket during Covid. England-West Indies was great (despite the end result :D) and the continued rise of New Zealand has been good to see. Hope we get to play them for the first World Test Championship!

4 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah..he was just 'shadow batting' lol Dirty bugger was  wiping out the guard marks. Not hard..if not batting or bowling keep off the ******* wicket!..No need for him to be there.

Paine showed his true colours also.

As for the racism in the crowd. Notice that the SMH have found someone to go against the Indian team to say it wasn't. Imagine if it were at a soccer game lol Headlines would be something like institutionalised racism is rife in soccer crowds...keep your kids away!

Not sure what your problem is, Smith was clearly preparing for the Australian third innings...

Good to see Tim Paine own up to poor behaviour. Showed humility and was genuine.

Worried about his form behind the stumps though. And he still can't review, AND he goes up for catches that aren't or misses nicks that are. I think that if we had a ready made Captain in waiting, there would be real pressure to get Carey into the team. 

• mack locked this topic