Club Sale & Ownership Speculation/News.

Last i heard the Panthers had huge debts and borrowed money from Packer to keep them afloat last year.How were they going to pay for our club in the first place,good FFA said no would have been a massive failure for football,they would have probably renamed the club Penrith Wanderers and play with pink jerseys

Warren Wilson comes across like any other self-obsessed GM of a registered club: Totally out of touch and ignorant to the fact that any money he spends isn't his own money; it's money that belongs to club members.

(I know all about club GMs, having worked for several of the putrid douchebags over the years)

And... great move FFA!

Phil Gould can phuck off!

Also - inb4 GWS makes a $150m bid for the Wanderers :P

They'd fold the club within 24 hours, if this was a normal sale and there were no men standing in the way like David Gallop then they would be first in line.

So yeah this could have ended really badly for us.

Edited by hawks2767

Even the bar of the stadium "Centrbet Stadium" shows what is wrong with NRL.

As for comments GWS buying the Wanderers lol. I would rather burn he club to the ground then see them buy the club out. Adopt a scorched earth policy like the Russians in WW2 then see something you love go over to the skoda fails.

Lederer or Perich maybe?

Edited by westofcentre

Really I can think of only one name as an owner of the Wanderers - the Bosnjak family.

I definitely remember reading articles about them having over $100 million to their name/s but still being staunchly proud Western Sydney Residents.

In fact a quick name google shows they are involved in business development in Western Sydney still.

They are proud Westies indeed, but my feeling is that they have always felt closer to Sydney United than anyone else. Let the games begin. :ninja: :ninja:

Don't be so sure. I know them personally and they're mad wsw supporters. Kids played for Freeman SC not SydJnrs or SU58.

Edited by alexd

I'm a Panthers fan. Glad this offer was rejected. Although Phil Gould is somewhat of a legend at the Panthers (having coached the team to its first premiership in 1991), I don't trust him. I have a feeling he will go back to Easts one day and live out his days there.

Although the FFA's rejection of this bid is a good decision, it's also somewhat troubling that the bid's confidentiality has been breached a bit here. I know that the FFA here is trying to communicate their bid assessment strategy to the fans, but is what they've done here correct?

The FFA has come out and embarrased a bidder deliberately. How does that look to other bidders also interested in buying the club? Will other bidders also have their bid details deliberately leaked? It isn't a good look. This has been done before when the club wanted to justify why they didn't sign up Ballack. 

Looking forward to the trial game at Penrith :)

I'm a Panthers fan. Glad this offer was rejected. Although Phil Gould is somewhat of a legend at the Panthers (having coached the team to its first premiership in 1991), I don't trust him. I have a feeling he will go back to Easts one day and live out his days there.

Although the FFA's rejection of this bid is a good decision, it's also somewhat troubling that the bid's confidentiality has been breached a bit here. I know that the FFA here is trying to communicate their bid assessment strategy to the fans, but is what they've done here correct?

The FFA has come out and embarrased a bidder deliberately. How does that look to other bidders also interested in buying the club? Will other bidders also have their bid details deliberately leaked? It isn't a good look. This has been done before when the club wanted to justify why they didn't sign up Ballack. 

I think its a bit of this code war propaganda, I'm happy that we made it public and embarrassed them. Also their bogan fans would be disgusted that they are affiliating themselves to the sokkah....

Imagine if it was the other way around - they would made a joke of it and laughed in our face and had it plastered all over the news....

Did the FFA release the info or did Panthers?

From the very beginning this offer has smelt suspicious to me. The fact is the Wanderers do not need the Panfers, in fact it would be the other way it seems. This is all about building a stadium for the Penrith region and bringing in the people to play their poker machines. Dont believe for one moment that the Panfers are trying to do the FFA and football a favour.

From what I have been reading the Wanderers and the Eels are actually putting $850m development of the Panfers entertainment complex at some risk. This is because the Panfers would also like to build a new stadium out in Penrith. Then after the game they would love for all the fans to go into their "entertainment area" and do their dough on the one arm bandits. It would be open slather 365 days a year.

Any development of stadiums is going to be directed to the Eels and Wanderers before any money touches the Panfers.

Thanks but no thanks.

The FFA did the right thing. There is a clear conflict of interest here, and any person/group with a lot of money can see that. Infact it is a good sign that the FFA has rejected this outright to show that this club has big ambitions and we only want serious bidders who are doing it in the interests of the club long term. It also shows that we want to be bigger than any RL club in this region (and won't play second fiddle to one) which is a good sign. 

on a side note, we will need to be careful at the Penrith trial game, now that we have rebutted their courting, im sure they'll be out to make us look bad.

Don't do anything stupid. Be smart. Just create a great atmosphere so this Panthers Group can see what they are missing out on.

Ownership by any NRL club will simply kill it! What next, gws giants to buy WsW? Get real!!!

We need some arab from the uae to come here on a holiday and fall in love with the antics of the rbb and it will be sold quicker than you can decapitate a stuffed smurf toy!

Ownership by any NRL club will simply kill it! What next, gws giants to buy WsW? Get real!!!

We need some arab from the uae to come here on a holiday and fall in love with the antics of the rbb and it will be sold quicker than you can decapitate a stuffed smurf toy!

Ill call my uncle! LoL

on a side note, we will need to be careful at the Penrith trial game, now that we have rebutted their courting, im sure they'll be out to make us look bad.

Don't do anything stupid. Be smart. Just create a great atmosphere so this Panthers Group can see what they are missing out on.

This needs to happen..we need at least 13000 and no bullshit behaviour...I bet they try to piss us off in some way though, just to promote something..I hope we are treated equally at centrebet..I have been to that stadium to watch the Panthers 4 times this year so I will notice differences..

The FFA did the right thing. There is a clear conflict of interest here, and any person/group with a lot of money can see that. Infact it is a good sign that the FFA has rejected this outright to show that this club has big ambitions and we only want serious bidders who are doing it in the interests of the club long term. It also shows that we want to be bigger than any RL club in this region (and won't play second fiddle to one) which is a good sign. 

100% this is Gallop saying we aren't going to be treated like a little brother. WSW is bigger then this. We are not inferiors. 

You dont own us, we will own u!

All well and good but what is Gallop gonna be saying about any other bids that come in? There will be other dodgy bids. Will Gallop rip into each one as they come in? It just doesn't look professional.

All well and good but what is Gallop gonna be saying about any other bids that come in? There will be other dodgy bids. Will Gallop rip into each one as they come in? It just doesn't look professional.

I know what you are saying brother. It's about perception. 

But I see it the other way - It's Gallop saying the WSW is not a two bit team that will whore itself out to anyone especially someone who has no idea about football culture and fan culture, and is willing to rip us away from Parra just for their own personal interests.

Edited by westofcentre