Club Sale & Ownership Speculation/News.

time to sticker bomb their stadium at our next trial match :xnod:

It's going to be very embarrassing for The Riff on September 22 for game V Adelaide Utd. I can see a bigger crowd there for a WSW trial than an actual NRL fixture this year.

You have to wonder which muppet at Penrith Panthers thought this might be a chance of happening. Did they seriously think it was going to happen. If the Panthers had bought the club I simply would have tore up my membership. At least the Panthers and Phil Gould know one thing, they should be worried, really worried.

Edited by Jukes01

Just saw Wanderers from Blacktown post a related article: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/penrith-panthers-fail-in-bold-bid-to-buy-a-league-club-western-sydney-wanderers/story-e6frf4gl-1226701599715#.UhSswj-ZDGv

I loved this part:

"Personally I can't believe soccer was silly enough to say no to us," said Panthers supremo Warren Wilson, who confirmed the club's interest.

Wow, he sounds like some crybaby bloke who just got rejected by a girl he liked.

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE TURNED ME DOWN, SHE'S SO SILLY

geez

'"We're the tenant of a football field that gets used 12 times a year. If I could get it used 24 times a year, it's a more logical proposition to us."

There it is right there guys, no hesitation in abandoning Wanderland for Centrebet pokies and jumping castles stadium out at Penrith.

Like the fans would have a bar of it, I can't believe he was stupid enough to say it to the media too.

Take it as a compliment boys. Just goes to show that they are scared. They can see the potential in the club becoming bigger than they could ever dream of becoming. So how do they mitigate the risk? Buy the club and run it to the ground > que the jets/knights debacle.

next trial match at Penrith will be very interesting it will intesify our loyalty, time for a pub chant

**** of panthers

**** of panthers :crazy:

how about a tifo at the game

are we allowed those now

don't think so with the tifos as I would assume the stadium would have to allow it to happen, and right now Panthers and WSW arn't really best of buddies. But even a few cheeky banners/flags would be amusing. Bet we would come with quite a few good catchy lines.

Just saw Wanderers from Blacktown post a related article: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/penrith-panthers-fail-in-bold-bid-to-buy-a-league-club-western-sydney-wanderers/story-e6frf4gl-1226701599715#.UhSswj-ZDGv

I loved this part:

"Personally I can't believe soccer was silly enough to say no to us," said Panthers supremo Warren Wilson, who confirmed the club's interest.

Wow, he sounds like some crybaby bloke who just got rejected by a girl he liked.

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE TURNED ME DOWN, SHE'S SO SILLY

geez

What a pan licker.

Notice Gallop didnt beat around the bush.

Showing a rival code your financials aside, notice he said he wants usage of the ground up from 12 to 24 games a year.

Stadium upgrade justification. One of the main criticisms of the Penrith upgrades is the ground isnt been used enough.

Even if say they didnt have a realistic chance of buying the club, IF they were allowed to enter the bidding process it:

1) looks good for them that the Wanderers are considering using Penrith

2) damages the Wanderers chance of further upgrades to Parra as it shows they are willing to jump ship thereby inadvertedly torpedoing our own bid.

Carlton AFL, Parra Power - they didnt end well.

NRL using football for their own gain like they used Olympic for Belmore upgrade.

These idiots thought we came down in the last shower. Cant wait till Penrith game - we will own that place.

Edited by westofcentre

'"We're the tenant of a football field that gets used 12 times a year. If I could get it used 24 times a year, it's a more logical proposition to us."

There it is right there guys, no hesitation in abandoning Wanderland for Centrebet pokies and jumping castles stadium out at Penrith.

Like the fans would have a bar of it, I can't believe he was stupid enough to say it to the media too.

I thought exactly the same thing.

If they are so keen on Football now, go and bid for an HAL licence and create a Sporting Panthers FC or the like.

next trial match at Penrith will be very interesting it will intesify our loyalty, time for a pub chant

**** of panthers

are we allowed those now

How about this for a Tifo.....No No No No No No No, Sorry Gus, Not For Sale.....

**** of panthers

are we allowed those now

How about this for a Tifo.....No No No No No No No, Sorry Gus, Not For Sale.....

First thought:

7-No-Gary-Freshmint-Aerial.jpg

then i realised it was gws-ish colours :(

Edited by Unlimited

605178-gus-gould.jpg

seems legit :ninja:

Nearl6 as bad as putting Kevin sheedys face there

**** of panthers

are we allowed those now

First thought:

7-No-Gary-Freshmint-Aerial.jpg

then i realised it was gws-ish colours :(

sonething like that kind of happened for the post Grand Final march down Church Street. Until La Banda and the passion of the fans made them redundant. Edited by westofcentre

I wouldnt read too much into it. There is a definite agenda here and its got nothing to do with running a football club. Phil Gould and  the Panthers know that if they want to get any sort of funding for a stadium they need bums on seats and some justification for money to be handed out. If we are based out at Parramatta with the Eels then guess who gets  money for funding, the Eels and the Wanderers. Penrith misses out.

Its a small price to pay 15m-20m if you want to build a new stadium for your Rugby League club.

Edited by Jukes01

Really I can think of only one name as an owner of the Wanderers - the Bosnjak family.

I definitely remember reading articles about them having over $100 million to their name/s but still being staunchly proud Western Sydney Residents.

In fact a quick name google shows they are involved in business development in Western Sydney still.

**** of panthers

are we allowed those now

Allowed or not, working on one....  NO TNX - WSW NFS 2 NRL

Do it mate!

Really I can think of only one name as an owner of the Wanderers - the Bosnjak family.

I definitely remember reading articles about them having over $100 million to their name/s but still being staunchly proud Western Sydney Residents.

In fact a quick name google shows they are involved in business development in Western Sydney still.

They are proud Westies indeed, but my feeling is that they have always felt closer to Sydney United than anyone else. Let the games begin. :ninja: :ninja: