English Championship & Football League Thread

Yip yip a Championship thread that I somehow missed and of course quickly scanned for a Lloydy post on Leeds' loss to Derby but alas...methinks Clough had for a while been out of his depth and would have gone sooner but be that as it may I await some returned glory for Pride Park. 

Yip yip a Championship thread that I somehow missed and of course quickly scanned for a Lloydy post on Leeds' loss to Derby but alas...methinks Clough had for a while been out of his depth and would have gone sooner but be that as it may I await some returned glory for Pride Park. 

You'll be waiting a long time !!!

The championship in my eyes is the best league in the world it's so even got a complete range of clubs the little ones like Yeovil Doncaster Bournemouth and then the sleeping giants like Leeds forest borough Leicester QPR and Bolton then the middle order clubs that can have a good run around Christmas and Shake it up. LOVE IT!!!!

Leicester for promotion this season I hope!!!! With the amount of the money the club has now got with the Thai owners they have to go up

Wigan won't go up they will do the Birmingham and play to many games Europa league, championship, league cup & f.a cup is simply to much I think

Last season caused way to much heart break for me I don't think i can handle that again. I think QPR will run away with it but to much quality to much money

Top 6: QPR Leicester forest Watford reading burnley

Relegated: charlton millwall Barnsley

Roughie: Bournemouth

It's good to see people from other countries saying that, as it's what most people over here who support a Championship club say (biased, I know but still true). The Prem has a better quality of football, anyone who denies that needs to take a ride on the sunshine bus. But in terms of edge-of-your-seat experiences, atmosphere and the unpredictability, the Championship is definitely the best.

I think QPR will run away with it as well, but their performances haven't been convincing, despite the quality. They also haven't played a single team in the top 6 yet, so we need to wait until they do to say definitively whether they will run away with it or not. I rate Burnley highly, especially with our former manager doing a sterling job over there; I just don't think they've got enough quality elsewhere in the squad if an integral player (e.g Ings) got injured for a long amount of time.

Btw, just have to comment on how it ended for you, because for me it ended with me being on the pitch on that fateful day, twice (sorry, just had to be said).

How do you feel about your game with us on Saturday? I would've been confident were it not for McClaren's sudden turnaround at Pride Park.

Edited by nisman94wfc

Haha mate I am currently in the depressive state that occurs after yet another false dawn fail for leeds fans so poor results barely even register anymore. only leeds could be taken over by a penniless middle eastern banking consortium built on pyramid schemes (our model is ....the trapezoid). better than bates but demoralising nonetheless. i thought derby were a bit harsh on clough junior - he seemed to be doing ok bringing young blokes through etc. the pommy press likes to make fun of mcclaren but I can see him doing a good job there.

I honestly thought when Leeds got taken over then that would be there misery over with. But really with Bates was there ever a chance of the new ownership not being dodgy in some capacity.

Really hoping when Wednesday are sold (Rumours are growing) we get something a little more genuine that can move us forward.

It could be worse... Could have had 50% stake in your club bought for £1 by a Saudi Prince and find yourselves at the bottom of League 1. :)

(our model is ....the trapezoid).

Hahaha excellent simpsons quote!

But it's a funny transition at the moment isn't it? I mean with Warnock when we weren't signing players he was blaming Bates lack of funding, now with McDermott and GFH we simply have McDermott saying we don't neccessarily need to sign anyone else.

Either GFH are masters of keeping their funding under wraps or McDermott really doesn't think he needs to add to the squad (unless its another not needed midfielder).

And it's not like LUST has come out and said much about funding neither... But im very sure should the match with Birmingham turn sour there will have to be something said.

Forestieri 12′McGugan 68′
derby-county.png
Derby3

Ward 8′, 45′Sammon 88′

Just had to rub it in didn't you?

Fair play to you lot, turned up on and off the pitch. I'm frustrated as to why Zola decided to drop Doyley for Belkalem. He looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. We were the masters of our own downfall, gifting you two goals. The ref didn't help by booking Eusty for that foul when it was clearly Smith's foul. If it weren't for that, Smith would've gone.

Like I said, you've definitely changed after McClaren's appointment. Good luck to you lot (except at the return fixture)

Another win for Burnley, abd away as well. I can almost smell our second shot in the premier league.

QPR at home next week to go 5 points clear. 1st vs 2nd and finally common sense has prevailed and its on setanta online. COME ON YOU CLARETS.

Another draw for Wednesday. 11 games through and still winless.

As much as I like Dave Jones, probably time to go

Jones has never had the full support of the fans. Never went down well that Gary Megson (who is a Wednesdayite) got sacked straight after winning the derby.

Jones has never had the full support of the fans. Never went down well that Gary Megson (who is a Wednesdayite) got sacked straight after winning the derby.

What do the fans have to do with the 11 game winless streak though? Jones has had sufficient time to imprint himself upon the squad, and from what I've seen, Wednesday are rubbish.

What do the fans have to do with the 11 game winless streak though? Jones has had sufficient time to imprint himself upon the squad, and from what I've seen, Wednesday are rubbish.

Not arguing that he shouldn't be sacked. The squad is rubbish and the tactics are rubbish too. My response about fans was in regards to you saying you like Dave Jones, just stating he is not liked at Hillsborough.

Not arguing that he shouldn't be sacked. The squad is rubbish and the tactics are rubbish too. My response about fans was in regards to you saying you like Dave Jones, just stating he is not liked at Hillsborough.

Ahh fair call. I only like him by virtue of his time at Wolves. Has there been talk of Jones getting the sack?

Another win for Burnley, abd away as well. I can almost smell our second shot in the premier league.

QPR at home next week to go 5 points clear. 1st vs 2nd and finally common sense has prevailed and its on setanta online. COME ON YOU CLARETS.

This is the game and just remember we play midweek with a game in spare

Would have liked the fixture two weeks ago but it is on my friend. Top of the table battle something that the other guys on this thread don't know about

Would have liked the fixture two weeks ago but it is on my friend. Top of the table battle something that the other guys on this thread don't know about

Thems fighting words. Edited by IronHaggis

There's another team just behind, that you may need to worry about.. :-)

There's another team just behind, that you may need to worry about.. :-)

TBH I think it will be a draw. We are in decent form but are relying on staying injury free. I can't really see you beating Wigan away either, not many teams do.

I haven't seen much of Leicester this year but given their position I guess they're looking good.

It is about time Leceister got out of the Championship. Have the money and the players to do so. But it's not an easy division with plenty if quality teams. Even utter shite like Wednesday gave QPR a run for their money.

Yeah, to League 1 !! I do believe they have got away with a few financial irregularities in the past couple of years.

Must be Manderic syndrome. Plenty of financial irregularities at Portsmouth after he sold them. So from what you said Leceister has had some. So it'll be Wednesdays turn (Maybe we will get away by having our financial irregularities prior to his ownership)