English Championship & Football League Thread

Best ever atmosphere i experienced was Man United v Boro in the second leg of the league cup semi final in 1992. Boro took 12,000 to Old Trafford, we were not in the top flight at the time.

We matched them and took it to extra time, but lost 2-1 due to a wonder goal by a little known kid called..Ryan Giggs...wonder what happened to him..

Anyway Fergie said it was the best away support he had ever seen at Old Trafford. We gave it absolutely everything..i remember feeling sick and drained at the end...we even did an Old Trafford pitch invasion when we scored.

What a noise we made that night.

Edited by Smoggy
3 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

best night at parra that for me, as per championship alwauys a bolter, for me watch Brum sneak in there at the death, just a feeling.

A team usually does make a late charge to the play offs. I remember Fulham came from nowhere a few years ago to finish second.

• 2 weeks later...

If you missed news from the Championship overnight, in the Second City Derby - Birmingham v Aston Villa we have a pitch invader who clocks Villa striker Grealish on the back of the head, Grealish then goes on to score the winner in the game and while celebrating his goal he appears to be attacked (again) this time by a steward (seccie) who appears to knee or kick him as he is getting back on the pitch and the steward was taken away by Police as well.  Football, what a game!!! hahahaha

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/03/10/birmingham-statement-on-jack-grealish/

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/03/10/jack-grealish-video-steward-sent-off/

23 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Has anybody here watched 'Sunderland til I die' on Netflix? I binge watched over the weekend and found it riveting. I believe there might even be a Series 2 covering this season

Uggghhhh..cant be doing with watching any Mackem shyte...memories of derby days at the old Roker Park and running for you life after the game...stones coming through the train windows...Roker Park was ALWAYS cold...i have no time for Sunderland at all..hate them more than Newcastle or Leeds...

28 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Has anybody here watched 'Sunderland til I die' on Netflix? I binge watched over the weekend and found it riveting. I believe there might even be a Series 2 covering this season

Yes,

started if haven’t had time to finish it but it’s boss

Some crazy stuff, loads of players who don’t give a toss on stupidly high contracts

by god they signed some crap, seemed to be the place where poor Everton players went to die

Gibson, Rodwell, Oviedo etc 

at least Vaughan looked like he gave a ****

36 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Thought it was excellent, and yes, they are doing season 2.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, MartinTyler said:

Yep, watched it, regardless if you like or don't like the club in question, as a football fan always enjoy the look behind the scenes at what makes a club tick.

The boy Asoro was signed by Swansea at start of the season, had about a dozen starts and hasn't set the world on fire.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

Bristol City compensated !!

Did they what!

Wild day - at one stage leeds were 2-1 down and Sheffield 2-1 up which would have opened the gap up to 4. Then both turned it around to 3-2 and all of a sudden leeds are back in the automatic spots with 7 to play.

Incredible stuff.

Congratulations to the mighty Portsmouth Football Club who won the Checkatrade Trophy by beating Sunderland on penalties at Wembley in front of over 85,000 fans.

Hopefully they wont be able to defend it next season after winning promotion to the Championship.  Can't wait to see the Mackems cover this in 'Sunderland Till I Die 2'

14 minutes ago, andypk said:

Congratulations to the mighty Portsmouth Football Club who won the Checkatrade Trophy by beating Sunderland on penalties at Wembley in front of over 85,000 fans.

Hopefully they wont be able to defend it next season after winning promotion to the Championship.  Can't wait to see the Mackems cover this in 'Sunderland Till I Die 2'

Is anyone one doing this as a chant 

“Cry on Netflix,

we’ve seen you Cry on netflix..

cry on Netflix 

weve seen you cry on Netflix”

They should 

6 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

85,000 Fair play that's an impressive number for the lower leagues challenge cup.

How often do some teams get to Wembley...not often still....

Boro took 40k to Wembley for the ZDS Micky Mouse cup final in 1990..90k there.

14 hours ago, Smoggy said:

How often do some teams get to Wembley...not often still....

Boro took 40k to Wembley for the ZDS Micky Mouse cup final in 1990..90k there.

Swans V Northampton late 80's Johnstone cup then about half full Wembley, was the norm then.

Anyways Smoggy, looking forward to Saturday? how do you reckon Boro will go down at the Liberty?, reckon Boro's wheels coming off lately so 2-1 home win I reckon.

3 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

Swans V Northampton late 80's Johnstone cup then about half full Wembley, was the norm then.

Anyways Smoggy, looking forward to Saturday? how do you reckon Boro will go down at the Liberty?, reckon Boro's wheels coming off lately so 2-1 home win I reckon.

season is over..dont care anymore :nono:

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2019 at 12:35 PM, lloydy136 said:

Did they what!

Wild day - at one stage leeds were 2-1 down and Sheffield 2-1 up which would have opened the gap up to 4. Then both turned it around to 3-2 and all of a sudden leeds are back in the automatic spots with 7 to play.

Incredible stuff.

What's your prediction now lloydy? Get to first or hang onto 2nd for auto promotion? Chances of slipping into playoff spots?

9 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

What's your prediction now lloydy? Get to first or hang onto 2nd for auto promotion? Chances of slipping into playoff spots?

The Leeds relegation battle starts the moment they are promoted in the next few weeks, they will finish bottom..but 3rd bottom and relegated on goal difference final day of the season will be just as good :)

Just need to get this Leeds promotion bullshyte over quick so it seems like ages ago already to Leeds fans.

Edited by Smoggy
8 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

C'mon Smogs, fighting back for a playoff spot! Hang in there.

Nahhh, even if we made the play offs we would be turned over, not good enough. Parachute payments from EPL stop next season and the club will have to cut costs and try and bring some local kids through, which might be no bad thing.

I think relegation to leauge 1 is not out of the question in the next season or two.

And Leeds lose 2-0 to Brentford! Have the Leeds wheels fallen off in the home straight!

I would not want to face Villa in the play offs. They are on a club record 10 game winning streak, they are smashing everyone with ease and cannot see anyone stopping them at the moment.

On 31/03/2019 at 12:35 PM, lloydy136 said:

Did they what!

Incredible stuff.

Not looking good now? Goal diff an issue for Leeds now also...

Villa will smash you in play offs.