lloydy136

English Championship & Football League Thread

Posted (edited)

Best ever atmosphere i experienced was Man United v Boro in the second leg of the league cup semi final in 1992. Boro took 12,000 to Old Trafford, we were not in the top flight at the time.

We matched them and took it to extra time, but lost 2-1 due to a wonder goal by a little known kid called..Ryan Giggs...wonder what happened to him..

Anyway Fergie said it was the best away support he had ever seen at Old Trafford. We gave it absolutely everything..i remember feeling sick and drained at the end...we even did an Old Trafford pitch invasion when we scored.

What a noise we made that night.

Edited by Smoggy

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

best night at parra that for me, as per championship alwauys a bolter, for me watch Brum sneak in there at the death, just a feeling.

3 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

best night at parra that for me, as per championship alwauys a bolter, for me watch Brum sneak in there at the death, just a feeling.

A team usually does make a late charge to the play offs. I remember Fulham came from nowhere a few years ago to finish second.

If you missed news from the Championship overnight, in the Second City Derby - Birmingham v Aston Villa we have a pitch invader who clocks Villa striker Grealish on the back of the head, Grealish then goes on to score the winner in the game and while celebrating his goal he appears to be attacked (again) this time by a steward (seccie) who appears to knee or kick him as he is getting back on the pitch and the steward was taken away by Police as well.  Football, what a game!!! hahahaha

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/03/10/birmingham-statement-on-jack-grealish/

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/03/10/jack-grealish-video-steward-sent-off/

Has anybody here watched 'Sunderland til I die' on Netflix? I binge watched over the weekend and found it riveting. I believe there might even be a Series 2 covering this season

23 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Has anybody here watched 'Sunderland til I die' on Netflix? I binge watched over the weekend and found it riveting. I believe there might even be a Series 2 covering this season

Uggghhhh..cant be doing with watching any Mackem shyte...memories of derby days at the old Roker Park and running for you life after the game...stones coming through the train windows...Roker Park was ALWAYS cold...i have no time for Sunderland at all..hate them more than Newcastle or Leeds...

28 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Yes,

started if haven’t had time to finish it but it’s boss

Some crazy stuff, loads of players who don’t give a toss on stupidly high contracts

by god they signed some crap, seemed to be the place where poor Everton players went to die

Gibson, Rodwell, Oviedo etc 

at least Vaughan looked like he gave a ****

36 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Thought it was excellent, and yes, they are doing season 2.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, MartinTyler said:

Yep, watched it, regardless if you like or don't like the club in question, as a football fan always enjoy the look behind the scenes at what makes a club tick.

The boy Asoro was signed by Swansea at start of the season, had about a dozen starts and hasn't set the world on fire.