English Championship & Football League Thread

27 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

How to start your season.....

Hernandez made a great run in 95th minute against our youth team but he didn't do that.

So what do reckon, would we do ok if we fully fit and with a striker against the other championship teams?

Ref was absolutely shocking today. A homer if you ever saw one. Going into injury time it seemed like he was thinking " I haven't got time to give these free kicks to Swansea as Derby haven't got long left to score"! Also ironic that he blew the whistle 3 mins after the allotted time when another Derby attack broke down on the edge of our box. Totally inept performance.

Excerpt from forum Derby v Swans yesterday as aussie ref Jarred debuts in EFL, also gave a dubious penalty to Derby.

On 13/08/2019 at 8:33 AM, StringerBellend said:

Modern Football is stuffed 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49324224

Bury FC still can’t start season

The final week of Bury FC, Bury on the brink - https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/final-week-bury-fc-how-my-club-came-brink-extinction

5th game postponed and you feel running out of time. Been there with Boro in 1986, we were an hour from being thrown out of the football league and had to play a home game at Hartlepool United to fulfill a fixture as home ground was still padlocked by the receivers. Hartlepool played their game 3pm kick off and straight after Boro kicked off their game against Port Vale, finished 3 - 3, Boro did well but ran out of steam as had no training facilities over the summer and were using public parks and getting changed in cars lol   

Look at the state Bolton are in also, and many other lower division clubs in lots of trouble, tip of the iceberg.  

Edited by Erimus
10 hours ago, Erimus said:

The final week of Bury FC, Bury on the brink - https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/final-week-bury-fc-how-my-club-came-brink-extinction

5th game postponed and you feel running out of time. Been there with Boro in 1986, we were an hour from being thrown out of the football league and had to play a home game at Hartlepool United to fulfill a fixture as home ground was still padlocked by the receivers. Hartlepool played their game 3pm kick off and straight after Boro kicked off their game against Port Vale, finished 3 - 3, Boro did well but ran out of steam as had no training facilities over the summer and were using public parks and getting changed in cars lol   

Look at the state Bolton are in also, and many other lower division clubs in lots of trouble, tip of the iceberg.  

It’s really sad great little ground at Bury and friendly club, 100 odd years old too 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Bolton survive 

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/bolton-wanderers-saved-as-football-ventures-completes-takeover

With very little info, this one sounds to me like it has similarities with Hearts survival a few years back.

I can't link it separately, but the Seb Hassett opinion piece below the Bolton story in the link above is a decent article.

I hope he's right when he says "There is a silver lining in all of this. Bury FC will almost certainly reform as a fan-owned club and begin life at a lower place on the football pyramid."

10 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

I can't link it separately, but the Seb Hassett opinion piece below the Bolton story in the link above is a decent article.

I hope he's right when he says "There is a silver lining in all of this. Bury FC will almost certainly reform as a fan-owned club and begin life at a lower place on the football pyramid."

Darlington, Halifax, Chester and Scarborough have all reformed as new clubs outside the EFL, Bury will do the same. Unsure about Gigg Lane and if they will keep their ground though. Scarborough lost their home ground, Darlington haven't been back for 10 years.

Edited by Erimus
1 hour ago, Erimus said:

Darlington, Halifax, Chester and Scarborough have all reformed as new clubs outside the EFL, Bury will do the same. Unsure about Gigg Lane and if they will keep their ground though. Scarborough lost their home ground, Darlington haven't been back for 10 years.

Very sad I went to a Bury game at Giggs Lane a couple of years back cracking little ground and friendly club. Went for a day out and did the directors lounge meal and stuff they Made us very welcome.

modern football is stuffed 

• 4 weeks later...

Sigh..the long slow decline at Boro continues...relegation battle looms.

Back in the 90's and 00's Gibson the Boro chairman had financial clout, could pay and get the best a club outside the top 6 EPL could get.

These days we just cannot pay over the odds for players and unless overseas investment comes that prob wont change. Gibson who has been on the board since 1986 acts more like a dictator that has run out of ideas these days.

Its a 'season of transition' the club say, its cost cutting and living within our new means more like.

The future doesn't loook great.

Edited by Erimus
8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

See you all in here next season

F off Everton you useless twats 

They are definitely struggling but they’ve got some good players. Didn’t help that they went down to 10, the match winning goal came soon after Coleman got sent off. Bad result but is it surprising 10 v 11?

6 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

They are definitely struggling but they’ve got some good players. Didn’t help that they went down to 10, the match winning goal came soon after Coleman got sent off. Bad result but is it surprising 10 v 11?

It’s not just one game so far we have lost to Sheffield United, villa and Burnley 

we are a rabble 

its been years Silva is worse than Bobby Brown Shoes 

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

It’s not just one game so far we have lost to Sheffield United, villa and Burnley 

we are a rabble 

its been years Silva is worse than Bobby Brown Shoes 

Was going to ask your opinion of Silva. I listened to an EvertonTV interview with a Merseyside journey, and he said he believes there is a big language barrier as his English is limited.

I haven't been a fan of him at all, tbh. Do they cut their losses, or persist with him?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, Smoggy said:

Sigh...relegation places now for the Boro..what a disaster :(

I don't even have the motivation to take the piss out of Leeds or Lloydy anymore :(

Just curious, were you happy with Pullis leaving?

2 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

Just curious, were you happy with Pullis leaving?

The football under Pullis was deadful, all the fans hated it...so much so they were calling for him to be replaced by a manager that would play a more attractive style.

The issue is that Pullis worked miracles with the team. He got everything he could out of the players and finished a respectable 7th, until the final 20mins of the last game of season we were in a play off spot.

I dont think people appreciated what Pullis achieved with this squad...they do now.

New manager tried to play in a fast paced more open way and we were done over. He is now trying to revert back to Pullis style, but doesnt have the experience to pull it off.

Its a mess.

17 hours ago, Smoggy said:

The football under Pullis was deadful, all the fans hated it...so much so they were calling for him to be replaced by a manager that would play a more attractive style.

The issue is that Pullis worked miracles with the team. He got everything he could out of the players and finished a respectable 7th, until the final 20mins of the last game of season we were in a play off spot.

I dont think people appreciated what Pullis achieved with this squad...they do now.

New manager tried to play in a fast paced more open way and we were done over. He is now trying to revert back to Pullis style, but doesnt have the experience to pull it off.

Its a mess.

Pullis gets results at every club he has been, but it's always the fans who push him out strangely enough, he's a thick skinned bugger who does what he does well, he'll never be out of work always clubs at he bottom wanting his services.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

We're getting Assombalonga back in January :xnod:

Good...he is shyte..scored yesterday but has been rubbish for a long time.

One of our players on too much money..if Forest can take his wages on then that would be great.

The wage bill at Boro comparable to other Champiobship clubs is killing us and HAS to come down.

Edited by Smoggy