English Championship & Football League Thread

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Lol...would you believe that regardless of what I face (and have faced a fair bit) I always try and go through life with a smile :) Play it up here a bit..

There was an old Asian lady stuck under a tree sheltering from the rain yesterday that came on quick, she was right below our balcony. So I went inside and got one of our brollies and waved it at her and suggested that I would drop it, she declined with  smile lol 10 min later I went back and she was still there and offered again and she accepted. So I tried to aim for a small patch of grass but only partially hit it, but survived the drop. She went and picked it up gave me a big smile, put her hands together in a pray type thing and bowed to me! Lol Off she went with her bag on wheels thing, brolly up. I went to take some rubbish out this morning and there was the brolly returned by the main unit door :) Small acts of kindness and all that.

I believe in the Karma thing, you get back tenfold what you put out, it really not hard to be nice is it!

Yep i don't know how Warnock does it, he has the formula, bet Cardiff are unhappy they let him out the door now:sorry:

Nice to see my Swans pulling their act together but that Pukki fella for Norwich is red hot he's going to fire them straight back into the premiership. 

41 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Lol...would you believe that regardless of what I face (and have faced a fair bit) I always try and go through life with a smile :) Play it up here a bit..

There was an old Asian lady stuck under a tree sheltering from the rain yesterday that came on quick, she was right below our balcony. So I went inside and got one of our brollies and waved it at her and suggested that I would drop it, she declined with  smile lol 10 min later I went back and she was still there and offered again and she accepted. So I tried to aim for a small patch of grass but only partially hit it, but survived the drop. She went and picked it up gave me a big smile, put her hands together in a pray type thing and bowed to me! Lol Off she went with her bag on wheels thing, brolly up. I went to take some rubbish out this morning and there was the brolly returned by the main unit door :) Small acts of kindness and all that.

Shock! Horror! Amazement!

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Tony Pulis sacked by Wednesday on the eve of the game against Boro. Not a great start by Pulis but seems an odd one, I think he would have kept them up.

Don't think we have any Owls fans posting on the forum?

Two managers and points deduction plus a shelfful of cards this season, something going on behind the scenes here you feel.

13 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Tony Pulis sacked by Wednesday on the eve of the game against Boro. Not a great start by Pulis but seems an odd one, I think he would have kept them up.

Don't think we have any Owls fans posting on the forum?

You wonder how some of the owners of these clubs got to be rich in the first place, Wednesday's owner seems to be a total tool. Two managers sacked already this season.

2 minutes ago, papersun said:

You wonder how some of the owners of these clubs got to be rich in the first place, Wednesday's owner seems to be a total tool. Two managers sacked already this season.

Wednesday currently winning 2-1 lol so may pay off for them.

• 1 month later...

Uugghhhhh 'Typical Boro'..

Win away 2-0 at play off contenders Reading at the weekend.

Then get turned over 3-1 at home to Bristol City who have lost 7 in a row. New boss bounce..but still...

Was a nailed on loss really. Supporting  a club like Boro is infuriating very often :xmad:

Edited by Smoggy
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day Smoggy, how you  feeling about this weekend then?, soon as you lost to Brizzie we then lost 1-3 to them :shok:, Pearson bounce.......

We play back three with old head Bennet and two youngsters either side, going good best defence record in the league, but he's out injured for a while and we ship 8  goals in 3 games!

fear for the weekend with that Bolaise fella up top for your mob, could be a 1-1 draw here which is not that positive for either side as sharp end is close approaching.

man to watch right back Connor Roberts in the form of his life right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well done Lincoln City to beat Sunderland over two legs and reach the league 1 play off final :clapping:

Keep the chunts down there for another season :good:

My interest in the championship drifted off as Boro’s season drifted to nothingness. Will give a full football league review soon.

Edited by Smoggy
7 minutes ago, marron said:

Watched the Brentford/Bournemouth game last night, a good one, stupid defending, jared gillett penalties and send offs, cracker of a mistake goal, good stuff.

Yeah, I watched a bit of that. It is Brentford’s time I feel.

On 23/05/2021 at 1:02 PM, WSWJACK said:

Swans v Brentford next Saturday at Wembley, 50/50 game in every sense, could go to penalties this one..........

Sorry mate, backing Brentford. They have been trying to get back to the top flight since the 1940's. They have gone close now for a number of years.

Surely this is their year, it feels like it is.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Sorry mate, backing Brentford. They have been trying to get back to the top flight since the 1940's. They have gone close now for a number of years.

Surely this is their year, it feels like it is.

Just got to keep their goal machine Toney quiet and it could tip the scales, they knocked us out of playoffs last year 3-2 aggregate and bested us home and away this season, but one off at Wembley i'm hoping...

Congrats Brentford (lived there once for a short time). Interesting that the have a Danish Mgr and 4 Danish players in todays starting line up. To misquote the famous Bard "Something fresh in the state of Denmark." Maybe our esteemed "talent scouts" should have a look at Denmark.

Oh, and commiserations to Swansea, be back up next year with the usual Fulham and West Brom. 

1 hour ago, marron said:

yeah it's great for them, good result. Commiserations to our resident swan though.

Thanks marron, ah well goes hand in hand with my Wanderers disappointment this season :(

just glad it's one of the smaller clubs getting their turn in the sun, can't begrudge them consistently being there or thereabouts for past couple of seasons