Guest ZipGunBop

Much smaller fee than what was getting tossed around in jan. 5m I think. Good return on what we payed but I think we'll be missing his 30 goals come mid season.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a shitstorm with bluenoses. Though I happily welcome meaningful debate.

I'm already missing big Vic and Hooperman. Can't believe Garry left us to play championship.

Norwich City but in his defence the team does look promising and could possibly finish top half. In addition, WC year and he could have a decent shout for England if bangs the goals in like he did for us.

Balde will make us forget Hoops aye? Try make us forget about Bobo first.

Edited by GookKidMaadCity
Guest ZipGunBop

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a shitstorm with bluenoses. Though I happily welcome meaningful debate.

I'm already missing big Vic and Hooperman. Can't believe Garry left us to play championship.

Norwich City but in his defence the team does look promising and could possibly finish top half. In addition, WC year and he could have a decent shout for England if bangs the goals in like he did for us.Balde will make us forget Hoops aye? Try make us forget about Bobo first.
Maybe Lennon thinks Watt is ready to stand up?

Unless they loan him out.

Norwich City but in his defence the team does look promising and could possibly finish top half. In addition, WC year and he could have a decent shout for England if bangs the goals in like he did for us.Balde will make us forget Hoops aye? Try make us forget about Bobo first.
Maybe Lennon thinks Watt is ready to stand up?

Unless they loan him out.

This is his season to stand out if he stays

I hope there are big opportunities on the horizon for Tony, Tommy and Dylan. Maybe even Jackson Irvine for an early cup run. Youth looks promising, still can't get over how good our scouting is, John Park has an insane knack for spotting talent at ridiculous value.

Guest ZipGunBop

Odds on Hearts vs Rangers down in First Division next season?

Might be difficult with Partick in the division. Likely relegation cattle.

Who knows, they might still go bust

Guest ZipGunBop

Who knows, they might still go bust

One can only hope. The Huns and the Wee Huns both broke??

Jelly and ice cream!

Guest ZipGunBop

These are the latest odds (William Hill)

Kizza gets the choccies with Hearts being favourite to drop.

To Finish Bottom

2/7-Hearts

6/1-Partick

9/1-St Mirren

10/1-Kilmarnock

20/1-Hibernian

20/1-Ross County

40/1-Dundee Utd

40/1-Inverness

40/1-St Johnstone

150/1-Aberdeen

150/1-Motherwell

2500/1-Celtic

Guest ZipGunBop

Elfsborg vs Hoops kicks off at 3:40am on Setanta. (God bless pay TV). Below is the preview from bbc.com.

1-0 up, hopefully a solid performance sees us thru.

Hail Hail.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 3RD QUALIFYING ROUND 2ND LEG

Venue: Boras Arena Date: Wednesday, 7 August Kick-off: 18:45 BST

Coverage: Watch live on BBC Two Scotland and online; listen on BBC Radio Scotland 810MW, on DAB digital and online; live text commentary on BBC Sport website

Continue reading the main story

LINEUP, BOOKINGS (0) & SUBSTITUTIONS (0)

Elfsborg

01 Stuhr-Ellegaard

06 Jonsson

07 Larsson

11 Mobaeck

15 Klarstrom

08 Svensson

21 Hauger

24 Ishizaki

25 Rohden

14 Keene

18 Bangura

Substitutes

30 Hassan

03 Larsson

27 Soderberg

04 Jorgensen

16 Claesson

10 Elm

19 Hedlund

Celtic

01 Forster

03 Izaguirre

04 Ambrose

06 Wilson

21 Mulgrew

23 Lustig

08 Brown

15 Commons

16 Ledley

49 Forrest

09 Samaras

Substitutes

24 Zaluska

02 Matthews

22 Mouyokolo

33 Kayal

10 Stokes

17 Balde

32 Watt

MATCH STATS

Possession

50%

50%

0mins

Elfsborg

Celtic

Shots

On target

Corners

Fouls

An ankle knock means winger Derk Boerrigter will miss Celtic's Champions League third qualifying round tie second leg against Elfsborg.

Midfielder Tom Rogic and defender Virgil van Dijk are also unavailable through injury as Neil Lennon's side take a 1-0 lead to Sweden.

Kelvin Wilson and Georgios Samaras missed Saturday's win over Ross County.

But both are included in the squad and Lennon is hopeful the defender and forward will be fit to play.

Samaras has been nursing an ankle injury since a physical first leg against Elfsborg in Glasgow.

"He is still a bit tender but we will give him every opportunity," said Lennon.

Continue reading the main story

“

We have been down that road before, but it counts for nothing

â€

Neil Lennon

Celtic manager

Wilson is the subject of interest from former club Nottingham Forest but his manager is sure the 27-year-old will be in the right frame of mind if he has recovered from a shin splints problem.

"He is quite calm, he is that type, if he is picked and he is ready to play I am sure he won't let us down," added Lennon.

Celtic are favourites to progress to the play-off round but the Northern Irishman is preparing for a tough night on the artificial grass at the Boras Arena.

"I think we might need to score to get through," he said.

"We don't have to win, a draw will suffice, but we are coming here to win the tie.

"We are decent on the counter attack, with a lot of pace in forward areas."

Celtic are looking to emulate their achievements of 2012-13, when they emerged from qualifying en route to reaching the last 16.

Lennon said: "Last season has given us the experience, we have been down that road before, but it counts for nothing.

"I am more pleased that we are a week further down the line in terms of match preparation that had been beneficial to the players.

"The Champions League is the blue riband event.

"It is what we look forward to and we were starved of Champions League football for the last few seasons up until last season and you could see what it meant to so many people in the country."

Commons looks more spritely than he has done in recent years. Every time he gets near it we look dangerous.

I'm trying to watch stream but lagging up a storm over here

Guest ZipGunBop

Commons looks more spritely than he has done in recent years. Every time he gets near it we look dangerous.

I'm trying to watch stream but lagging up a storm over here

What stream you using man?

Half time, Elfsborg look more likely. Banguras doing all he can to never come back to Parkhead.

Guest ZipGunBop

How long till Stokes or Watt comes on?

Sammy only scores in the big games.

Swedish one from sportlemon.I'm in a share house with like 15 people on the net so yeah wouldnt matter which stream lol

Damn man, that's alot of room mates.

At least your not missing much. We've been pretty dis-jointed so far.

Lucky not to concede one there.

Ambrose is...................."iffy".

I've never had much confidence in him, especially after those UCL games last year.

Thru, just.

Yep, but still through

• mack locked this topic