How do you Scots do your teams? I have half-assed followed it, but not sure if teams are supported via location, religion or name/clan/ancestry?

I'm currently trying to find out my Scottish roots. My Grandfather was in some Scottish Assoc. years ago, and i have pics of him in traditional dress at weddings and stuff. Unfortunately the info died with him and my Dad.

Once i figure it out should i be picking up a certain team dependant on what i find?

How do you Scots do your teams? I have half-assed followed it, but not sure if teams are supported via location, religion or name/clan/ancestry?

I'm currently trying to find out my Scottish roots. My Grandfather was in some Scottish Assoc. years ago, and i have pics of him in traditional dress at weddings and stuff. Unfortunately the info died with him and my Dad.

Once i figure it out should i be picking up a certain team dependant on what i find?

I can't speak for anyone else.  I follow Hearts because I was born in Edinburgh and that's the club my Dad followed.  I think some relatives might have been involved in some capacity with the Club in the past.

i have very little scottish roots if at all :lol: 

i have mostly Irish ancestry, so it could only be celtic  :good:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Both grandparents on my dad's side were born in Dundee, so was my dad & they came out here in 1949 to Greenacre, I never asked but imagine it was impossible to hear how the team was going in those days.

It was easy to choose Dundee FC, I don't hold in the hatred for Dundee United that others do though, that stuff doesn't bother me.

There's a few websites you can track Scottish heritage easily too based on any family member who was born there from memory.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Motherwell V Rangers tonight on Bein, a chance to see Mcdonald and what could have been in action

McDonald was sent off for a studs up tackle.

That sounds very Western Sydney. Shame we didn't/couldn't sign him.

Motherwell V Rangers tonight on Bein, a chance to see Mcdonald and what could have been in action

Didn't look studs up to me.

Earlier in the match a Rangers player was rightly sent off for a studs high challenge that got the Motherwell player on the thigh. After that there was a sliding studs up front on tackle by a Rangers player that was far worse than McDonald's later tackle. Yet the Rangers player only got a yellow and he looked grateful for that. How McDonald's was deemed a red compared to that baffles me.

Didn't look studs up to me.

Earlier in the match a Rangers player was rightly sent off for a studs high challenge that got the Motherwell player on the thigh. After that there was a sliding studs up front on tackle by a Rangers player that was far worse than McDonald's later tackle. Yet the Rangers player only got a yellow and he looked grateful for that. How McDonald's was deemed a red compared to that baffles me.

While claiming the Rangers name, Sevco also inherited it's covenant with match officials.

• 3 months later...
  • mack locked this topic